ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
What's living there like compared to the US? Do you ever see any of the craziness and corruption we read about, or is it pretty normal and quiet being in a resort town on the beach?

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That's what I was wondering too, as well as the women there.

And what kind of job did you take?

Reaction score
Get this thread back on track:

RGIII fined $10,000 for T-shirt
Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III Robert Griffin III's choice of t-shirt will cost him money.
UPDATED AUG 22, 2013 9:57 PM ET
WASHINGTON (AP)

082213-NFL-Washington-Redskins-Robert-Griffin-TV-Pi_20130822212914623_660_320.JPG

Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III has been fined $10,000 by the NFL for wearing unauthorized apparel, a T-shirt with ''Operation Patience'' on it.

Griffin, recovering from a knee injury and yet to play in the preseason, wore the shirt on the field before Washington's exhibition game Monday night against Pittsburgh. NFL spokesman Randall Liu confirmed the fine on Thursday.

All gear worn on game days must be approved by the league.

Griffin drew a $10,000 fine last year when he wore unauthorized material to a postgame news conference.

Reaction score
I'm sure he did it for some buddy of his who made the shirt, now the shirt will sell to the maroons like hotcakes and RGIII will make more than $10k out of it.

He's catching up to you as a businessman, Jerry.

Reaction score
Ron Jaworski thinks knee injury may affect RG3′s mechanics
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 21, 2013, 11:22 AM EDT

Getty ImagesWill Washington quarterback Robert Griffin III be the same kind of runner after this year’s knee surgery as he was last year? That’s a good question. But an even more important question may be whether Griffin will be the same kind of passer. And at least one person who knows a lot about the quarterback position has his doubts.

Ron Jaworski, the former NFL quarterback and current ESPN analyst, said on Mike and Mike in the Morning that when Griffin warmed up before this week’s preseason game, he looked like a fundamentally different passer than he had last season.

“I was watching him throw the football — there were a few clips — and I was concerned in the weight transfer,” he said. “I didn’t see the clean mechanics I’ve seen in the past. I’m not there every day, I’m not a doctor, but he just looks a little different right now. It’s pregame, it was warmup, people can discount that. I’m just saying from my eye, I didn’t see the clean drops, the weight transfer, stay on that back foot, snap the hips, that I’d seen out of him.”

Jaworski is also concerned that Griffin won’t be able to move the way he could as a rookie.

“I really don’t know what to expect,” Jaworski said. “His mobility has always set him apart and I’m not sure where his mobility is going to be.”

It’s a valid concern. And one that won’t go away until Griffin can prove he’s the same player he was last year, on the field in the regular season.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
1116149_10151670098323889_567527415_o.jpg

My cousin just posted this on facebook (far left). He told them he's a Cowboys fan and said they were really cool about it.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Ron Jaworski thinks knee injury may affect RG3′s mechanics
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 21, 2013, 11:22 AM EDT

Getty ImagesWill Washington quarterback Robert Griffin III be the same kind of runner after this year’s knee surgery as he was last year? That’s a good question. But an even more important question may be whether Griffin will be the same kind of passer. And at least one person who knows a lot about the quarterback position has his doubts.

Ron Jaworski, the former NFL quarterback and current ESPN analyst, said on Mike and Mike in the Morning that when Griffin warmed up before this week’s preseason game, he looked like a fundamentally different passer than he had last season.

“I was watching him throw the football — there were a few clips — and I was concerned in the weight transfer,” he said. “I didn’t see the clean mechanics I’ve seen in the past. I’m not there every day, I’m not a doctor, but he just looks a little different right now. It’s pregame, it was warmup, people can discount that. I’m just saying from my eye, I didn’t see the clean drops, the weight transfer, stay on that back foot, snap the hips, that I’d seen out of him.”

Jaworski is also concerned that Griffin won’t be able to move the way he could as a rookie.

“I really don’t know what to expect,” Jaworski said. “His mobility has always set him apart and I’m not sure where his mobility is going to be.”

It’s a valid concern. And one that won’t go away until Griffin can prove he’s the same player he was last year, on the field in the regular season.

Wasn't their a tweet of a conflict with Robert's doctor and that of Shanahan? The dr. proclaimed that Robert wouldn't be ready until after the bye week (week 5), but Shanahan is going to go ahead and have him play in week 1.

Reaction score
@Russellmania980
It's expected and the #Redskins are in the process of moving Adam Carriker to reserve/PUP which means he would miss first 6 weeks.

Reaction score
King drops use of “Redskins” name
Posted by Mike Florio
September 7, 2013, 2:24 PM EDT

Many in the media aren’t comfortable with the ongoing use of the name “Redskins.” Peter King of TheMMQB.com and NBC’s Football Night in America has decided to do something about it.

He’s stopped using it.

King, who told PFT when word first emerged of the possibility more than a week ago that no final decision had been made, explained his position in a Friday column looking ahead to the coming weekend.

“The simple reason is that for the last two or three years, I’ve been uneasy when I sat down to write about the team and had to use the nickname,” King writes. “In some stories I’ve tried to use it sparingly. But this year, I decided to stop entirely because it offends too many people, and I don’t want to add to the offensiveness. Some people, and some Native American organizations — such as the highly respected American Indian Movement — think the nickname is a slur. Obviously, the team feels it isn’t a slur, and there are several prominent Native American leaders who agree. But I can do my job without using it, and I will.”

King and I talked about his decision during a break from Saturday’s FNIA rehearsals at 30 Rock (we’re in the Saturday Night Live studio this year). It’s not a P.R. move. In fact, he’s avoiding interview requests about the topic. King told me that, for example, he declined an invitation to appear on ABC’s Good Morning America. (If he wants publicity for the move, that’s definitely not the way to get it.)

Many will agree with King’s decision. Many will disagree with it. In my own personal view, the name when stripped from the team it represents should be regarded in modern times as offensive. Though PFT will (for now) continue to use the word as long as the team goes by that name, I’m confident that, at some point within the next 50 years, the name will change. Then, the debate as to whether the name should have been changed will linger for another 50 years.

Come 2113, the people populating the United States of America (or whatever we’ll be called then) will be amazed that, in 2013, that name was still in place. My primary goal is to live for as many of the next 100 years as possible. My secondary goal is to ensure that my great-great-great-grandchildren will realize when they go to Google (or whatever it’ll be called then) that I didn’t support it. And that I had a decent toupee.

One out of two ain’t bad.

Top Bottom