Reaction score
laratahrir.08.jpg

Lara Logan of CBS News Was Attacked and Sexually Assaulted in Egypt
by Maureen Ryan

Lara Logan minutes before she was assaulted in Egypt. Many of the scenes broadcast from Egpyt in recent days have been joyful, but events took a horrific turn for CBS News correspondent Lara Logan on Feb. 11, the day that former president Hosni Mubarak resigned.

CBS News has issued a statement saying on that day, Logan was physically and sexually assaulted by members of the crowd when she was separated from her news crew. The photo here was taken moments before the attack began.

Logan "was covering the jubilation in Tahrir Square for a '60 Minutes' story when she and her team and their security were surrounded by a dangerous element amidst the celebration," according to the statement. "It was a mob of more than 200 people whipped into a frenzy."

"She was surrounded and suffered a brutal and sustained sexual assault and beating before being saved by a group of women and an estimated 20 Egyptian soldiers," the statement continued.

"She reconnected with the CBS team, returned to her hotel and returned to the United States on the first flight the next morning. She is currently in the hospital recovering," according to CBS News.

Several members of the media were roughed up as they tried to cover events in Egypt. CNN's Anderson Cooper was beaten by hostile members of one crowd as he walked the streets on one volatile day. But the ordeal of Logan, who has covered some of the most dangerous hot spots in the world in her wide-ranging career as a news correspondent, sounds particularly horrible.

We can only hope that she is surrounded by friends and family as she recovers from this awful incident. CBS News said it would have no further comment on the matter.

sbk92

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that.

It's tough to have sympathy considering women have no business working.

I'll chalk this up to she was asking for it.

63echo

Reaction score
In a "mob rules" situation like that, you have to go in with the mindset that something like might happen. ESPECIALLY with that kind of mob, and what they were "mobbing" for. Unsurprising.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
In a "mob rules" situation like that, you have to go in with the mindset that something like might happen. ESPECIALLY with that kind of mob, and what they were "mobbing" for. Unsurprising.

And coupled with the fact that in general, Middle Eastern men are ugly so they'd want a piece of some hot, blonde ass no matter the cost.

63echo

Reaction score
And coupled with the fact that in general, Middle Eastern men are ugly so they'd want a piece of some hot, blonde ass no matter the cost.

No doubt. The hosers behind her in that pic give weight to your opinion.

Cythim

Reaction score
Yet another case of the reporter becoming the story. I wonder how many others were treated the same way but we ignored it because it wasn't a reporter or an American. I have sympathy for her but she knew the danger (per the "they called me a spy" story) and decided to go in anyways.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Yet another case of the reporter becoming the story. I wonder how many others were treated the same way but we ignored it because it wasn't a reporter or an American. I have sympathy for her but she knew the danger (per the "they called me a spy" story) and decided to go in anyways.

riots don't mean rapine.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Alot of the story apparently isnt even being reported, because it hurts the dumbshit liberal media's agenda.

63echo

Reaction score

Seriously. The jockeys at the network who decide to place their reporters in situations like this (or allow their reporters the lattitude to decide for themselves) need to fall on their swords when things like this happen. It's stupid and about the most foolhardy thing I can think of for a reporter (or anyone not active in a riot, really) to do short of chasing a tornado around from the inside.

This means all of nothing, but I was roped into taking an 80 course in crowd dynamics a few months back and it's frightening how the collective gets a mind of its own. There's no way in hell I'd send anyone in there...whether I had a crew of bodyguards or not. In fact, that she thought a bodyguard would be any protection at all is laughable.

Why this type of thing doesn't happen more often is beyond me.

Plymkr

Reaction score
A blonde goes into a crowd of smelly camel loved men. What was she expecting? And she is the "enemy", the "american"... DIE INFIDELS!!!!

I kid, I kid. lol

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
url

I believe I would hit it.

Apparently some Egyptian men agree.

CNN's Anderson Cooper was beaten by hostile members of one crowd as he walked the streets on one volatile day.
Now, this,,I would have liked to see.

pdom

UDFA
Reaction score
The article is unclear. Were the Egyptians celebrating before or after the assault?

Reaction score
I hope at least someone will be able to appreciate an old 1980's shitty Jodie Foster movie reference.

Top Bottom