bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
Josh Brent positive for marijuana

Associated Press | June 6, 2013
DALLAS -- Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Josh Brent tested positive for marijuana while he awaits trial in a car crash that killed a teammate, prosecutors said Thursday in asking a judge to revoke the player's $100,000 bond and issue a warrant for his arrest.

Police have accused Brent of driving with a blood-alcohol content more than twice the legal limit during the Dec. 8 car crash that killed Jerry Brown, a Cowboys practice squad player.

Prosecutors said in their motion that Brent failed a urine test taken after a May 24 court hearing in which they had sought for his bond to be revoked due to problems with his alcohol monitoring. While the judge declined to do so, he did order Brent to provide a urine sample.

A hearing on the prosecutors' motion had not been scheduled Thursday afternoon. Brent's attorney, George Milner, did not immediately return a phone message and a spokeswoman for the Dallas County district attorney declined to comment.

Brent is required to wear an alcohol ankle monitor and appear for regular meetings with a county officer. Judge Robert Burns last month ordered a second form of monitoring to take breath samples, and for Brent to provide the sample after the hearing.

More on the Cowboys

Calvin Watkins, Tim MacMahon and Todd Archer have the Dallas Cowboys blanketed.
Blog » ESPN Dallas »
Top 50 Cowboys

The prosecutors' motion said the test results indicate Brent took marijuana within 30 days of the test date and it did not appear the exposure to marijuana was second-hand.

"Given the defendant's prior alcohol-related contacts and the severity of the charge in this case, it is the State's belief that the defendant continues to pose a threat to the community," prosecutors said in the motion.

A crash report released by suburban Dallas police says Brent was driving the night of the crash with a suspended driver's license from Illinois, where he pleaded guilty four years ago to a misdemeanor driving under the influence charge. Brent and Brown both played college football at Illinois.

Brent faces up to 20 years in prison if convicted of intoxication manslaughter, though he could also get probation.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
finish-him.jpg

Reaction score
Cutting him for smoking pot isn't the deal. He's just too stupid to keep around.

Oh I wasn't objecting to cutting him. I doubt he had a chance to play for us again anyways.

Weed is just such a shitty and harmless drug that I find it being illegal comical. Probably 60% of the population between the ages of 15-35 smoke it.

Especially when alcohol is legal.

Reaction score
Ed Werder everybody...

@Edwerderespn1m
A potential defense for Josh Brent: inhaled second-hand marijuana smoke while gargling Scope in a public men's room. #sarcasm

MetalHead

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Ed Werder everybody...

@Edwerderespn1m
A potential defense for Josh Brent: inhaled second-hand marijuana smoke while gargling Scope in a public men's room. #sarcasm

Show me a man who gargles Scope in a public men's room,and I'll show you an idiot.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
God he's a moron. I'll try to find an interview he did on a show with about 100 people in the audience. You should see what he wore.

[video=youtube;wtKxuvm5eUk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtKxuvm5eUk[/video]

Skip to the 8:30 mark. Not a care in the fucking world. He had the same demeanor on the sidelines the game after he killed his teammate.

Last edited:

iceberg

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Oh no he smoked a harmless plant that has never harmed anyone ever.....

as has been pointed out, he's just too stupid. he's living under a microscope and poor decisions have cost a life already. about the only thing that can happen at this point if we don't let him go is he lets us down when we need him most.

not when he can be replaced at this point.

why set ourselves up for a potential huge that isn't an if, but a when?

iceberg

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Ed Werder everybody...

@Edwerderespn1m

i know people who tested for TCH for the army. 2nd hand smoke won't do it. i realize we're kidding around here, but if he does run to this excuse, then it only compounds his stupidity.

what next? poppyseed bagels?

Reaction score
When a player tests positive for bath salts, you'll have my attention.

Pretty sure every NFLer smokes weed.

iceberg

In the Rotation
Reaction score
When a player tests positive for bath salts, you'll have my attention.

Pretty sure every NFLer smokes weed.

not denying it. stepnoski made an entire career out of it. but he knew how to play the system and proved to be a smart player. hell i know some people that take the test stoned and know how to pass it. i'd not want to give it a shot but if my million $$$ career was hanging on a thread of public judgement, i'd not push it.

brent is stupid and better to replace him now than have him put us in a bad spot say on a playoff run or something.

Top Bottom