sbk92

Reaction score
By Calvin Watkins

In January, tight ends coach John Garrett interviewed with the Miami Dolphins about becoming the offensive coordinator.

Garrett didn't get the job, which eventually went to Brian Daboll.

But Garrett doesn't feel that was a bad thing.

He was given a new title of passing game coordinator, which allows him to remain in the press box during games and help conduct some offensive meetings in case Jason Garrett is unable to for a variety of reasons, such as conduct a news conference, or sit in a defensive meeting.

"I went down to Miami to investigate being the offensive coordinator had a real good interview with Tony Sparano," John Garrett said. " really enjoyed that and enjoyed the process and going through it. But ultimately it was best for me and everyone involved that we stay."

Garrett has a pretty good job in Dallas.

His two brothers, Jason the head coach and Judd in the pro personnel department, work with him on a daily basis, he's got a All-Pro tight end in Jason Witten and two promising backups in John Phillips and Martellus Bennett to work with.

"It wasn't difficult to stay because of the greatness of the organization," John Garrett said. "The greatness of the people and the staff here and the players and everything being apart of the Cowboys. That's one of the pluses of staying. But its just, as with all coaches, there should be a natural progression where hopefully you're doing a good job where you get some opportunities and that was one I invested in."

Top Bottom