Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
He better care because the rate this team is going his ticket sales will decrease. Not that you can hear our fans there anyways.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
My point is it's embarrassing to be a Cowboy fan and have to witness that. If I was there I probably would've worn a Packers jersey.

But I'm too smart to buy a Cowboys ticket or buy any merchandise from that skeleton fuck.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yes, it's humiliating. Good thing I don't have any decals on my truck that may as well say "Look everyone, I'm an idiot Cowboys fan!"

FUCK THIS TEAM

God I wish I had a direct line to Jerry right now.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Yes, it's humiliating. Good thing I don't have any decals on my truck that may as well say "Look everyone, I'm an idiot Cowboys fan!"

FUCK THIS TEAM

God I wish I had a direct line to Jerry right now.

Why, you'll get the same response everyone else gets?

Reaction score
He gets blame for hiring Garrett, yes. He gets blame for his circus atmosphere, yes. He doesn't get blame for things like Garrett's offensive system, which goes back a lot farther than this game. Jerry doesn't care if we run the ball at the end of the game. Jerry doesn't insist on this count the box system that goes back to the 2008 game when we ran it like 6 times and passed it 60. I don't believe Jerry cares about insisting on details like that.
well, I'm being more specific in this game. I think the whole play calling fiasco is ultimately Jerry's fault. He didn't implement the system but I guarantee you he cares what plays are called. That's why he inserted himself into the play calling decisions in the last offseason.

Do you not think Jerry's involvement in putting Callahan, romo and Garrett into positions to influence play calling has some effect on the craziness we're seeing now?

Yes Garrett could have fucked this up on his own. But the situations we have now is worse than just him calling plays IMO. At the very least we have less accountability for Garrett because he can pass the buck to others. Yes that's fucked up but jerry created it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not completely. He knew how to use Irvin and Rocket together in his second year and then he used Rocket really well when Irvin went down.

He took Irvin out of the lineup repeatedly, even on 3rd downs and obvious passing situation.

He basically developed a passing game that ignored the entire middle of the field, took the TE completely out of the passing game.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He took Irvin out of the lineup repeatedly, even on 3rd downs and obvious passing situation.

He basically developed a passing game that ignored the entire middle of the field, took the TE completely out of the passing game.

He was still better than the Red Headed Fucktard. That's the point I'm trying to make. I've already slammed that door. I slammed it last page. Take that to the bank.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Probably 60,000 of those in attendance were Packers fans.

At least that's what it sounded like.

Several commented that it was definitely close to half the stadium.

Regardless of the result for the game, an owner of any team should be ashamed and concerned how something like that could happen. But not dildo head Jerry.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Sound is a little misleading at Cowboys Stadium or whatever the fuck it is now. Our fans suck ass and think they're watching a tennis match.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Sound is a little misleading at Cowboys Stadium or whatever the fuck it is now. Our fans suck ass and think they're watching a tennis match.

Brad Sham and Laufenberg commented on it before the game. Said there were tons of GB fans there.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Right, Pep, maybe we're not talking about exactly the same thing here...

Ultimately it's all Jerry's responsibility because he hired Garrett.

Callahan being playcaller is Jerry's responsibility because he made the move.

But I still don't see how any of that excuses Garrett at all. I mean, he can try to pass the buck here, but it won't work. The whole benefit of him being a walk-around head coach is that he supposedly could manage the game better. Well, this was exactly one of those situations where he could override the call in a critical situation if he didn't 100% approve of it.

Put it this way, if Gus Malzahn (yes I love him) or another heavily run-oriented coach like that -- I'm trying to think of a guy who loves to run but who still doesn't have control of the entire organization like a Parcells -- were our coach there, I think we'd have run it. There's no requirement for Tony to have a run-pass option there. In fact, Jason said we have that in there 5 to 6 times per game. So it's not like that has to be an option.

Now where I agree with you, and maybe this is all you were saying, is that Jerry's making Callahan the playcaller might lead to some of this passive-aggressive behavior from Garrett where he's sending the message that this wasn't his fault. But that might just be his personality. I don't think he took a lot of blame when he was the OC under Wade with pretty much total control of the O.

I know one thing, this reminds of how different this is from when Parcells was asked about who the playcaller would be, and he said put it down as me, because I'm going to get the blame anyway and it's ultimately my responsibility.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Imagine what a shitstorm it'll be if Washington somehow beats us. They're so terrible.

Would love to see us lose out. Winning out would leave us with a shitty one week playoff run and more of this status quo next season, but the glory of losing out might actually force Jerry's hand to clean house.

Reaction score
Imagine what a shitstorm it'll be if Washington somehow beats us. They're so terrible.

Would love to see us lose out. Winning out would leave us with a shitty one week playoff run and more of this status quo next season, but the glory of losing out might actually force Jerry's hand to clean house.
Watch us lose to Washington while Philly loses to Chicago, which I think is very possible, and we end up playing for an 8-8 record and the division crown LOL

Reaction score
Right, Pep, maybe we're not talking about exactly the same thing here...

Ultimately it's all Jerry's responsibility because he hired Garrett.

Callahan being playcaller is Jerry's responsibility because he made the move.
Agreed.

But I still don't see how any of that excuses Garrett at all. I mean, he can try to pass the buck here, but it won't work. The whole benefit of him being a walk-around head coach is that he supposedly could manage the game better. Well, this was exactly one of those situations where he could override the call in a critical situation if he didn't 100% approve of it.

Put it this way, if Gus Malzahn (yes I love him) or another heavily run-oriented coach like that -- I'm trying to think of a guy who loves to run but who still doesn't have control of the entire organization like a Parcells -- were our coach there, I think we'd have run it. There's no requirement for Tony to have a run-pass option there. In fact, Jason said we have that in there 5 to 6 times per game. So it's not like that has to be an option.
I'm not excusing Garrett at all. He should have taken over and dictated the play calls, shouldn't call option plays, etc. I'm just saying the situation that has been created where Garrett feels like he can't dictate the play calling is an effect of Jerry inserting himself into shit he shouldn't be. It's also created the situation where Garrett feels like he can pass the buck to Callahan or Romo and avoid the heat. I agree that it's not going to work for the most part (it might work with Jerry).

If Garrett is indeed being "passive-aggressive" and thumbing his nose at the situation, saying this is what the owner/pres/GM wanted, then it's even more embarrassing, though I'm not entirely sure that's possible.

Now where I agree with you, and maybe this is all you were saying, is that Jerry's making Callahan the playcaller might lead to some of this passive-aggressive behavior from Garrett where he's sending the message that this wasn't his fault. But that might just be his personality. I don't think he took a lot of blame when he was the OC under Wade with pretty much total control of the O.

I know one thing, this reminds of how different this is from when Parcells was asked about who the playcaller would be, and he said put it down as me, because I'm going to get the blame anyway and it's ultimately my responsibility.
I think it's created more than just passive-aggressive behavior by Garrett. Jerry has created more confusion than what we had before. Jerry has created a situation of no accountability. We all know play calling was shit yesterday. Whose fault was it? Everyone involved can point fingers at one of two other guys.

Fans and the media go after Garrett, and he throws Romo under the bus (don't even get me started on that one). Callahan refuses to answer questions... Who knows what Romo thinks, other than it's emotional to lose games like this. Yeah, we know.

But we didn't have these problems when Garrett was calling the shots on plays. When the play calling was questionable, which no doubt, he was guilty of, it was his fault alone.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Remember how happy everyone was that Romo was going to have a large say in how the offense was ran?

This is Jerry undermining at it's best and most proficient.

Top Bottom