Reaction score
I had an interesting convo today about the JFK assassination conspiracy.

I'm a reformed conspiracy theorist on this subject. I think all evidence and logic point to Oswald as the lone gunman.

What say you, DCU?

sbk92

Reaction score
If I had to guess, I'd say Oswald was involved.

But I don't believe we know the whole story. I don't buy the lone gunman, acting completely on his own, then makes a bee line to Oak Cliff to kill Tippet. Before an army of police cars show up at the Texas Theatre because a man there matched a very, generic description of the suspect.

It doesn't pass the smell test.

Plus I don't believe that Kennedy and Connelly were hit with the same bullet. You clearly see Kennedy's elbows go up in reaction to the hit, while Connelly is turning around to see what's going on. His reaction is later to the naked eye. Which would be impossible coming from the same shot. And if you dig up comments from both Connelly and his wife right after it happened, they both clearly state he was hit after the President. He later changed his story.

Do I believe in the grassy knoll shooter? Not really. Now the Dal-Tex building? Yeah....I think that's possible.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I don't know enough about it to have an opinion. I don't doubt our crooked ass government is behind a cover up, though.

Cythim

Reaction score
I don't know enough about it to have an opinion. I don't doubt our crooked ass government is behind a cover up, though.

That about sums it up for me. If there is a cover up then it is a damn good one to last this long. I have never cared about it enough to do any research for myself.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
It's not settled in my mind.

If Oswald did all the shooting,it was pretty damn good shooting.

I,too,have some trouble with the timeline between the killing of Kennedy and Oswald's apprehension at the theater.

There's a lot of loose threads and conflicting eyewitness testimony.

Like SBK said,it stinks.

But,as Cythim noted,if it's a cover up,it's a beauty.

Reaction score
Thats what every shred of evidence points to.

I will say this though... if you lined up all the alledged conspiracies (Roswell, 9/11, Pearl Harbor, etc) and said one of them was true, and your life depends on guessing which one it is/was... I'd pick the JFK assassination without hesitation.

Reaction score
If I had to guess, I'd say Oswald was involved.

Of course he was. Even hard core conspiracy folks have to admit he was involved. Evidence supports him not only being involved, but being the lone gunman.

But I don't believe we know the whole story. I don't buy the lone gunman, acting completely on his own, then makes a bee line to Oak Cliff to kill Tippet. Before an army of police cars show up at the Texas Theatre because a man there matched a very, generic description of the suspect.

It makes perfect sense for Oswald to make a bee line for Oak Cliff, to his boarding house. The witnesses that saw him kill Officer Tippet are some of the most reliable ones in the whole case, and they identified Oswald, a man they had seen many times before in the neighborhood. And as for the Texas Theater, Oswald's actions there were anything but the actions of an innocent man, attempting to fire on a police officer.

It doesn't pass the smell test.

I think it passes the smell test with flying colors. More likely scenario: A disgruntled and disturbed former Marine kills the president...OR...said Marine was a patsy in the greatest cover up known to man. A cover up that has spanned nearly 50 years, and has had no leaks. No deathbed confessions (of verifiable merit), no evidence to support a second gunman of merit (discounting the audio evidence that the HSC found in the 70's that concluded that a 4th shot was fired; as this has been scientifically proven to have been a backfiring police motorcycle). Nothing. Nada, Zilch.

Plus I don't believe that Kennedy and Connelly were hit with the same bullet. You clearly see Kennedy's elbows go up in reaction to the hit, while Connelly is turning around to see what's going on. His reaction is later to the naked eye. Which would be impossible coming from the same shot. And if you dig up comments from both Connelly and his wife right after it happened, they both clearly state he was hit after the President. He later changed his story.

Taking into account the fact that JFK was seated at an elevated position behind the governor, and the hundreds and hundreds of ballistic tests that have proven time and time again that not only could a single bullet do this damage, but it was likely, I'd say its a safe bet that both men were struck by rounds fired from the 6th floor of the TBD.

Do I believe in the grassy knoll shooter? Not really. Now the Dal-Tex building? Yeah....I think that's possible.

Even conspiracy theorists have trouble putting a shooter in the Dal-Tex building. No credible witness reported hearing gun fire from that direction. As for thr grassy knoll, agreed, no shooter. Not only from a physical stand point ( the height of the knoll fence, the lack of any evidence in the area i.e. suspects, shell casings et al, but also from a ballistics stand point. The shots that hit Kennedy had to come from behind.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I will say this though... if you lined up all the alledged conspiracies (Roswell, 9/11, Pearl Harbor, etc) and said one of them was true, and your life depends on guessing which one it is/was... I'd pick the JFK assassination without hesitation.

I probably would to, but to me thats like picking what mythical creature you want as a pet.

Top Bottom