CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score
This is a quote from a article on PFT on Gibbs talk with the team

Owner Jerry Jones addressed the situation in a way that threw a passive-aggressive jab at Garrett.

“He came into chapel and talked about some of his low times,” Jones said. “He spoke about some of the coaching errors. He wasn’t directing it to the team at all, relative to our criticism this week of our sideline coaching decisions, but he talked a little about a couple that bit him.”

Full Article
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/page/2/

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
here is a tip.

never read pft and there third hand out of touch articles.

Gibbs talked to an unkown number of players in the chapel. We dont even know who he talked to.

none of the best media members here no what he said.

CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I know that. Just theyre quoting the AP's article of it. and Quoting Dan Connor and Jerry jones himself. Just interesting to me. Because Jerry has been 10000000% behind Garrett and for him to say something like this has me thinking maybe just maybe he's growing thin of Garretts coaching.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I know that. Just theyre quoting the AP's article of it. and Quoting Dan Connor and Jerry jones himself. Just interesting to me. Because Jerry has been 10000000% behind Garrett and for him to say something like this has me thinking maybe just maybe he's growing thin of Garretts coaching.

jerry and gibbs are friends.

Jerry could be asked what color an orange is and his answer would confuse 5 out of 10 people. I wouldnt take any of it as a slight to garrett. Why we need a retired hall of fame coach talk to our team for a regular season game I have no idea.

between garretts meetings with jimmy, nick saban and Mike K at duke he would have enough in the tank to talk to the team.

but I dont take it as a slight to the golden boy.

CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Actually in the article is says that Garrett asked Gibbs to talk to the team not Jerry

CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I know PFT likes to make a story out of nothing. And maybe its just them trying to make a Cowboy story.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Actually in the article is says that Garrett asked Gibbs to talk to the team not Jerry

yea. I dont know what ties garrett has to gibbs other than learning the coryell system from norv who learned it from those guys.

Jerry and gibbs are friends, i imagine jerry asked and garrett agreed because there is no way to say no to jerry when he wants something. He is like a rock star who always gets his way.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
It's pretty funny that the week Joe Gibbs talks to the team, Jason Garrett goes Joe Gibbs 2007 style with his play calls.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What could have been. Jones tried very hard to get Gibbs to take over the Cowboys in 1998 before he ultimately hired Gailey, but Gibbs said he was determined to stay retired and wanted to focus on car racing. Of course he came out of retirement several years later to coach in DC again.

Gibbs coaching Aikman. That would have been damn good.

Top Bottom