cowboysportsblog

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Babe asked how you cut a guy like Tanner and he responded with two words... you dont... just happened third quarter

Reaction score
When a staff member uses Quick Reply, it's easy to hit "Close The thread" box right below. It's a definite pain the ass.

Like hearing that Tanner is going to make the team.

C

Cr122

I'd like to hear Jason's opinion on this, but having Tanner on the 53 man roster would be awesome.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd like to hear Jason's opinion on this, but having Tanner on the 53 man roster would be awesome.

We did hear Jason's opinion. Jones regurgitated what Garrett told him.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Look Garrett may be calling the shots with personnel, but Jones is and will always be the face of the Cowboys. If Tanner is on the roster it's because Garrett wants him.

tiny tim

Practice Squad
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4682943/phillip-tanner-has-made-the-team

'Phillip Tanner has made the team' By Todd Archer.

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. -- When Jerry Jones says a player has made the 53-man roster, there can be little doubt about the player’s future.

After Thursday’s 17-3 loss to the Dolphins, Jones said undrafted rookie running back Phillip Tanner, a Dallas Kimball grad, had made the team.

“It’s a blessing, but once it’s official I’ll rejoice,” Tanner said. “This is just the preseason and we lost the game, so it’s disappointing. There’s still a lot of work to do.”

Tanner had signed with Hartford of the UFL but joined the Cowboys after the lockout when that league suspended operations. Tanner had six carries for 28 yards against the Dolphins and finished the preseason with 128 yards on 24 carries.

“I feel like I took advantage of my opportunities,” Tanner said. “I worked every day trying to get better at every aspect of my game and finish every play.”

If Tanner is on the team, then the Cowboys could keep four tailbacks on the 53-man roster with Felix Jones, Tashard Choice and DeMarco Murray rounding out the group. Choice did not play Thursday because of a bruised knee and did not make the trip to Florida. It is possible he could be on the bubble or trade bait.

Jones admitted the decision could complicate how the team puts together the final roster.

“That’s what happens at the end of the roster is you end up going long some places,” Jones said. “You end up going short in others … But going long in a position is a good thing. It also complicates things a little bit. But we can handle this.”

C

Cr122

Look Garrett may be calling the shots with personnel, but Jones is and will always be the face of the Cowboys. If Tanner is on the roster it's because Garrett wants him.

Which is the way it should be.

Reaction score
I truly hope this kid turns into something, and isn't a tease like Reshard Lee was several years ago.

I really thought Lee was going to be a very good back for us, but obviously he never panned out.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I truly hope this kid turns into something, and isn't a tease like Reshard Lee was several years ago.

I really thought Lee was going to be a very good back for us, but obviously he never panned out.

Tanner looks alot more talented than Lee did IMO. He runs with tremendous pad level and power, and he has really good cutting ability.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Him and Michael Wiley.

Top Bottom