cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
from this article....

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4725010/jerry-explains-why-hes-not-leaving

"This isn’t uncommon in the NFL to realize the individual that ultimately makes the decision in acquiring players, not one day, not a single hour since I've owned the Cowboys have I not made the final decision on any player," Jones said. "If you check with the league, not one day since 1989, has anybody been authorized in the league office to call up there and say, 'we've acquire or we want to trade for this player.' The only one is me. I was real clear about that when I got involved."

Can't wait to see Jimmy Johnson's response.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If you check with the league, not one day since 1989, has anybody been authorized in the league office to call up there and say, 'we've acquire or we want to trade for this player.' The only one is me. I was real clear about that when I got involved."

That's not what I heard about Tony Casillas. Jimmy made the trade for him and once Jerry found out he had no clue who he was. Then he bragged to the media that he made the trade.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Yeah Jimmy has been pretty vocal that he had final say on personnel during his time in Dallas

Did Jer have to sign the official paperwork? Maybe

Reaction score
Naw, every team Dallas has fielded since 1989, Jerry built.

He just forgot how to build teams since Jimmy left.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
It doesn't really sound as bad as that. Making the final decision on acquiring a player someone who knows better brought up is one thing. Sure, he signed off on Jimmy's choices. The problems started when he himself began playing director of player personnel instead of ok-man to the choices of more knowledgable people.

It's perfectly normal for the owner to ok the purchases, it's just not good for him to scout out and evaluate when he sucks at it.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Yeah Jimmy has been pretty vocal that he had final say on personnel during his time in Dallas

Did Jer have to sign the official paperwork? Maybe

There was also a snit between the two of them when Jones had left the office and Jimmy pulled a draft deal with Belichick and it was announced.

Top Bottom