cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
http://nfldraftdiamonds.com/jerry-jones-living-past-time-wake/

The Dallas Cowboys were once one of the best franchises in the NFL, and at one point, all owner Jerry Jones thought about was winning. Well over the last several years that concept has changed quite a bit. The team has given contract extensions to players that do not deserve them, they have cut their best players, and they have stuck with guys like Jason Garrett and Monte Kiffin when neither deserve to be there. Today Jerry Jones might have crossed the line again.

In an interview Jerry Jones made a puzzling comment that could cause folks to wonder about the priorities for a marketing genius who moonlights as the Dallas Cowboys’ general manager.

“As you know, the Cowboys have not gone to the playoffs in several years,” Jerry said during a press conference at the ACM Awards in Encino, Calif., this weekend. “We have not gone, yet we are the most popular TV show on television. We lead all teams in TV ratings. Twenty-four of the top 25 shows were all NFL games, and any time the Cowboys play, they’re up there at the top and leading.

“Well, what causes that? What causes that is creating tomorrow, creating some excitement. We want to use that to make this awards show as best we can to make this awards show the greatest ever.”

I honestly believe he has forgot about winning, and the franchise and rather he has focused on “Jerry’s World” and the money they are making. It is sad that an owner who once had a Dynasty in the 1990′s has turned his team into one of the biggest jokes in the league. I am not a fan of the Dallas Cowboys, but at one point Jerry Jones had the entire world believing in “America’s Team”. They are now known as the joke, and not because of their fan base that is loyal and stronger than almost any in the game, but rather because they are being led by a fool.

If he really wants to “Create Tomorrow” so to speak, he should cut Tony Romo, fire Jason Garrett and his staff, and start over. It is time to put his priorities on the Dallas Cowboys and not the ACM Awards…….

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
He's a real stupid ass.

Hes taking the focus away from failure, and he's saying "look, but we draw in the ratings." When teams are judged by neilson ratings instead of wins and losses, let me know.

I have friends that watch just so they can laugh. Everyone knows what this team is. It's a dramatic failure. But hey, it's must see TV.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I don't have a team. Can't really get to the point where I like another team more than I enjoy hating the Dallas Cowboys.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
don't agree with cut Romo but other than that...

I wouldn't cut him either, but I would have traded him for whatever we could have got (and it would have been quite a package I suspect) last yr before he signed that mega extension.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Romo would be fine if he wasn't saddled with a dipshit offensive coaching staff that lets him check out of plays however he wants.

Build a strong running game, take the game off of Romo's shoulders and he'll be just fine.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Romo would be fine if he wasn't saddled with a dipshit offensive coaching staff that lets him check out of plays however he wants.

Build a strong running game, take the game off of Romo's shoulders and he'll be just fine.

Eh. Tired of the lame excuses for him. He has as much to do with whats happened as anyone else really. He's had his chances to stand out in big games and almost never does (in a positive way)

He's been an incredible value when looking at how we acquired him (UDFA) but the worship of some who think he belongs in the same discussions as guys like Aikman, Staubach, Montana, Brady, Manning etc etc is just retarded.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
One thing I'll say that's positive about Jerry, he isn't as retarded as dbair.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Eh. Tired of the lame excuses for him. He has as much to do with whats happened as anyone else really. He's had his chances to stand out in big games and almost never does (in a positive way)

He's been an incredible value when looking at how we acquired him (UDFA) but the worship of some who think he belongs in the same discussions as guys like Aikman, Staubach, Montana, Brady, Manning etc etc is just retarded.

No, he isn't in the same tier as those guys. But he is good enough to win if you play to his strengths.

The problem is that Garrett and his band of merry idiots don't do that.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
No, he isn't in the same tier as those guys. But he is good enough to win if you play to his strengths.

The problem is that Garrett and his band of merry idiots don't do that.

I want Garrett gone as much as anybody now, but I also think its lame to act like he's had nothing to do with some of the success (and failure, he gets blame too) that Romo has had.

I mean the guy was undrafted for a reason, because most teams didn't see much talent to work with. He's also been surrounded by a lot of good offensive players, especially skill guys.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
I want Garrett gone as much as anybody now, but I also think its lame to act like he's had nothing to do with some of the success (and failure, he gets blame too) that Romo has had.

I mean the guy was undrafted for a reason, because most teams didn't see much talent to work with. He's also been surrounded by a lot of good offensive players, especially skill guys.

We're saddled with Romo for at least two more years due to his contract anyway. I'd rather try to maximize those years with an offensive staff that can limit his fuck ups and maximize his abilities.

Romo has had his share of gaffes for sure, but he's also been the reason for a lot of the wins.

Put a decent team around him and you could win with him.

Is he Manning or Brady? Of course not.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It's probably too late for Romo. He probably only has a couple good years left, maybe just one. And of course he's not going to get a new coach for that one year.

I can't believe Jerry is going to waste Romo's entire career with his pet project trainee coach. I thought this would be the year he'd realize that Tony is about done and he'd better try a new voice before it's too late... But no. It's one of the saddest things I've seen.

Oh, and on the quotes in cmd's post... Fuck Jerry. Fuck him with the rigor mortised body of a rabid Australian shepherd.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Jerry is the money man. Always has been.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Talent at the skill positions? Miles Austin (Undrafted) Laurant Robinson (Journey man 3rd Rounder) Patrick Crayton (7th rounder) Dwayne Harris (6th rounder) Cole Beasley (Undrafted) Terrell Owens (We got him year 9 of his career, we actually got production from Terrell for a couple of years) Terry Glenn (We got him in year 8 of his career with bad knees, but man he could run!) Sam Hurd (undrafted) Dez Bryant (1st Rounder we drafted him, beast!!) Roy Williams (1st Rounder, bust for us over paid and over traded for him, We got him year 6 of his career) Kevin Ogletree (undrafted) Jesse Holley (undrafted and got a spot through a reality TV show!!!)

Witten

Felix Jones, Julius Jones, MB3, Murrey

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I applaud the shit out of this clown for figuring out a way to continuously be so successful business wise, while putting out a mediocre product on the field... This organization is a soap opera

Top Bottom