ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jay's usually a wild man as it is. How jacked up is he going to be Monday night? Dude might stroke out.

I still say Jerry shouldn't have released him if he didn't want this to happen. He should either be playing for us or on IR.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He refused to play for us. He didn't play a down after that horrible extension we gave him. And I heard he got in another shouting match with Jerry.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I hope he has a heart attack after he does that big hulk scream and falls on his back. That would be so funny.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Yeah, he is done, he can't play anymore.

Immediately signs with another team.

That thieving bastard!

How about we make sure before we make decisions on players with multi-million dollar contracts? How about we have a doctor look at him before we cut him? If not sure, why not IR him so there is zero chance he could go play for another team that we have to face?

Well ran organization. Good job Jerry.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't blame them at all for cutting him. I do blame them for his and Anthony Spencer's contracts.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Randall Godfrey too. He single handedly beat us after Jerry made him play his last year for $500,000 then let him walk.

Then he signs 5'7 215 lb Dexter Coakley to a deal for the same amount.

Reaction score
We didn't give Coakley an extension until 2001. I think letting Godfrey walk had more to do with not wanting to pay him because they had Dat Nguyen ready to take over.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And that was a mistake because Nguyen wasn't a top 3 MLB like Godfrey was and he stayed injured because he was too small.

Reaction score
Disagree. Godfrey was an All-Pro his first year in Tennessee, but injuries ruined him after that. Nguyn was an All-Pro in 2003 and was dependable until his neck ended his career in 2006.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Nguyen had like 17 surgeries on his knees too. His shoulders were also hurt as well. We spent a 3rd rounder on Nguyen to replace Godfrey when all we had to do was re-sign Godfrey. Stupid.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I liked Dat Nguyen and wanted us to draft him the first time I saw him at A&M, but we could have afforded to re-sign Godfrey and moved Nguyen to Coakley's spot. I bet he would have lasted longer too.

Reaction score
Nguyen didn't have the speed to play outside. Coakley may have been undersized like Dat, but he could fly.

Top Bottom