Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Observed and heard in the locker room after the Cowboys’ 38-17 win over the Saints.

High times: The Cowboys are 3-1 for the first time since 2008. They had their best performance of the Jason Garrett era. They exorcised bad memories from last year’s whipping by the Saints in New Orleans.

“We believe in what we do,” Garrett said. “We’re convicted about how we put this team together, how we build this team, the kind of guys we want on this team, the physical nature we want to play with. We have strong convictions about that. You just have to keep going about it the right way.”

High company: DeMarco Murray became the fourth player in NFL history to open a season with four straight 100-yard games and a rushing touchdown. He joined Hall of Famers Jim Brown, O.J. Simpson and Emmitt Smith.

Murray finished with 149 yards and two rushing touchdowns on 24 carries, which upped his season totals to 534 yards rushing and five touchdowns on 99 carries.

“I’m just out there to do whatever I can to help the team,” Murray said. “There’s a lot of things I’m worried about. Obviously, got to give credit to the offensive line for what they were able to accomplish up front, but that’s definitely not something I’m thinking about.”

High praise: Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones is one for hyperbole every now and then, but as he searched his mental rolodex to describe Sunday’s performance, he saw something better than what he saw in his teams that won three Super Bowl trophies in the 1990s.

“I don’t recall ever seeing a Cowboys team in my 25 years play better in terms of effort than we did in the first half,” Jones said. “We have such respect for New Orleans, especially as an offensive football team.”

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Team's are going to focus on Murray now and dare Romo and the passing game to beat them. Hopefully, Garrett, Linehan, and Romo will game plan and execute an effective attack and not just revert to flinging the ball 40 plus times a game.

Reaction score
I find it very encouraging that the Cowboys are now willing and able to run against defenses that are stacked to prevent the run. This is a huge game-changer.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jerry just has to make a ridiculous comment at the end there, doesn't he? Yeah, that game had better effort than 30-20 in San Fran, or blowing out the Bills in the Superbowl.

Top Bottom