dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I just watched Ramsey's highlights and I noticed a couple things. He can hit/tackle well. I just hope that translates over to the next level when he's facing larger and stronger opponents. Jones looked like he could tackle on his film too but it didn't seem to translate as well in the NFL and seems to be making few single hit stops or struggles bringing down someone alone. Whereas in college he didn't seem to have that trouble.

Don't forget Jones had shoulder surgery (pretty significant) in the offseason last yr. I think I recall that he was pretty limited with what he could do from a contact and lifting standpoint for basically the entire offseason last yr. IIRC they were wanting him to be careful during camp too.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I didn't realize that. Hopefully he has picked up a little strength and bulk this off season and is back to 100%

It would be an interesting combo having jones and Ramsey in the backfield

Now if only we had a pass rush to help these guys out these two could be something special in a couple years

Sent from my two thumbs using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Sturm:

Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State

Here is another one. I think Elliott is easily the best RB in this draft. But, I also study the draft from a historical perspective and in the last 10 years, RBs taken high are a big mistake. Unless it is Adrian Peterson. So, we are left with the idea that either Elliott is Adrian Peterson - which seems incredibly unlikely because there are almost never Peterson's in drafts and the idea that he is the best 2016 RB and should not be over-valued. We have learned that RBs have short career spans, are subject to the quality of their offense, and can be found later in the draft. But, then everyone sees Zeke and loses their minds. I refuse to do so. I wouldn't take him in the Top 10. Save this clip, too.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And then there's this

•The buzz surrounding Louisville defensive lineman Sheldon Rankins has intensified today. Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com and Matt Miller of Bleacher Report (Twitter links) both have heard that Rankins will be considered as early as No. 4 by the Cowboys, with La Canfora predicting that he’ll end up as a top-10 pick. Tony Pauline at WalterFootball.comhas heard that the draft stocks for both Rankins and Mississippi State DT Chris Jones have risen, with teams seeking interior pass rushers.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The Fan speculating us trading back up into 1st is for WR. Treadwell or Doctson.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jon Machota
✔ ‎‎@jonmachota

Jalen Ramsey: "If I'm the No. 4 pick to Dallas, I promise you you're getting the best player in this year's draft."

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, a stud RB is so important that the Rams gave away their short-term future for a chance at Goff/Wentz. Why? RBs don't win for you. The best way to play it is with multiple backs who aren't a big drain on your cap. QB and WRs are the way to build a team.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
The Fan speculating us trading back up into 1st is for WR. Treadwell or Doctson.

they better not fork over next year's first to crawl into the bottom half of the first round, even if it's for that goateed redneck Lynch.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yes, a stud RB is so important that the Rams gave away their short-term future for a chance at Goff/Wentz. Why? RBs don't win for you. The best way to play it is with multiple backs who aren't a big drain on your cap. QB and WRs are the way to build a team.

They also have their RB of the future in Gurley so they have that luxury

Reaction score

Would have to be Doctson. One has insane body control, high points, beats defenders, and runs a 4.43 which would essentially make him the fastest WR on the team (Brice Butler notwithstanding) and then the other is a slower version of Devin Streets.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
they better not fork over next year's first to crawl into the bottom half of the first round, even if it's for that goateed redneck Lynch.

Next years first would land us in the teens somewhere.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
just the teens? no confidence in this team? fake fan.

i hate going into the draft with no first and therefore nothing to look forward to.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
just the teens? no confidence in this team? fake fan.

i hate going into the draft with no first and therefore nothing to look forward to.

I'm good with that if its netted us a potential franchise QB (or at least long term solution)this yr

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Would have to be Doctson. One has insane body control, high points, beats defenders, and runs a 4.43 which would essentially make him the fastest WR on the team (Brice Butler notwithstanding) and then the other is a slower version of Devin Streets.

I prefer Doctson too but I wouldn't exactly compare Treadwell to Devin Street. Treadwell has excellent hands and leaping ability. He's also very strong, especially for a rookie WR. Treadwell is basically a poor man's Dez.

Reaction score
Devin streets held all of those Pitt records and was supposed to have excellent hands etc. The advantage that Dooley said Street had was he knew the routes. Treadmill has the stats and the height, he may be stronger and more brutal than Streets but he doesn't know much about the route tree. They have different physical and cognitive abilities but basically they both arrived from college to the pros as Mike Willliams from USC did: tall and slow. Dez is slightly faster than both of them. But Dez gets passes to him when he is covered.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jimbo Fisher talks up Jalen Ramsey’s intelligence

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 28, 2016, 10:33 AM EDT

CHESTNUT HILL, MA - SEPTEMBER 28: P.J. Williams #26 of the Florida State Seminoles celebrates his interception with Jalen Ramsey #13 against the Boston College Eagles in the second half at Alumni Stadium on September 28, 2013 in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts. (Photo by Jim Rogash/Getty Images)
Getty Images

One of the knocks on Florida State defensive back Jalen Ramsey has been that he moved between cornerback and safety in college, which some see as a sign that he’s a jack of all trades but master of none. Ramsey’s college coach says that’s nonsense.

Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher said on ESPN that Ramsey played all over the field for Florida State because he’s smart enough to learn every position.

“Highly intelligent, very smart, learns very well,” Fisher said. “That’s why we were able to move him to so many different places. A lot of guys have the athletic ability but not the intelligence level of comprehending all that. Extremely athletic and at the same time physical, that’s very rare for a corner. He’s got length and size, you can play the nickel, you can play the dime, you can play field corner, boundary corner or safety.”

Fisher also said Ramsey can play near the line of scrimmage in a way that other defensive backs can’t.

“He’s a great blitzer also, you’d see him jumping over the pile blocking kicks, he’d come off the edge and get sacks,” Fisher said.

Ramsey might just be the best player in this draft. Most projections have him going No. 3 to San Diego or No. 4 to Dallas.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
2. The Cowboys will be drafting a new player early Thursday night, as Dallas has the No. 4 pick. There are plenty of options to choose from, but it seems the locker room is leaning in one direction.
"A lot of the players are hoping for Jalen Ramsey at No. 4 if he's still there," NFL Media's Stacey Dales reported.

It's easy to see why the team wants Ramsey, especially after listening to his former coach list all of his strengths.

"Highly intelligent, very smart, learns very well," Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher said. "That's why we were able to move him to so many different places. A lot of guys have the athletic ability but not the intelligence level of comprehending all that. Extremely athletic and at the same time physical, that's very rare for a corner."

Top Bottom