dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This was in the Waco Tribune Herald, Waco , TX

Put me in charge . . .

Put me in charge of food stamps. I'd get rid of Lone Star cards; no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I'd do is to get women
Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligations. Then, we'll test
recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine and document all tattoos and
piercing's. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, smoke or get
tats and piercings, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks?
You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your
"home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be
inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or
you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of
trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the “common good..”

Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of
the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules.. Before
you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self esteem,"
consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for
doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least
attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system
rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

AND While you are on Gov’t subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a Gov’t welfare check. If you want to vote, then get a job.

Reaction score
How so?

Labeling everything they buy as pointless rims, rice and beans, plus it came from Texas.

The point is that most people on the system arent going from a meh life to the high life. Theyre going from living on the streets/sucking weiners/getting abortions/robbing me level poverty to meh.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Labeling everything they buy as pointless rims, rice and beans, plus it came from Texas.

The point is that most people on the system arent going from a meh life to the high life. Theyre going from living on the streets/sucking weiners/getting abortions/robbing me level poverty to meh.

That system needs reformed badly. The abuse, waste and corruption going on within it are at out of control rates.

There are people who genuinely need help, but there is too high a % of people who get in it and make no effort to ever get out. That shouldnt be what its about.

Plymkr

Reaction score
Dbair, give it a rest bro. We live in a society now where accountability and responsibility are now extinct.

It's ENTITLEMENT for all.

That's what gets the votes.

In regards to the article you posted.

Dude has my vote.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Sounds like a totalitarian fascist society to me, bro.

jsaru.jpg

Whose assistance for the needy to you want to be denying when Jesus comes back?

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
There are people who genuinely need help, but there is too high a % of people who get in it and make no effort to ever get out. That shouldnt be what its about.

Right.
And some of the people in need have seen money pulled from their paychecks for years.
It might be more constructive to ask the legislative branch just what the fuck they did with all that social security money that's just...gone.

Cythim

Reaction score
That system needs reformed badly. The abuse, waste and corruption going on within it are at out of control rates.

What are the rates of abuse, waste and corruption? And what % of people get in it and make no effort to ever get out?

Cythim

Reaction score
It's not the govt's responsibility.

Men who are far greater than any of us could ever hope to be disagree with you, sir.

Constitution of the United States said:
We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What are the rates of abuse, waste and corruption? And what % of people get in it and make no effort to ever get out?

I have no idea, but its talked about all the time.

I know when I interned in retail Pharmacy we accepted Medicaid. At the time all Medicaid members received 5 free prescriptions per month, and after that the member had to pay. After several months of seeing virtually every Medicaid member receive 5 scripts a month, me and two other interns did the research at our store and found out that something like 75% of the subscribers we had on Medicaid all got 5 scripts per month, and some alarmingly high % all got exactly 5. No more, no less. Further there was a penchant for those people to go to their docs and get antibiotics/narcotic cough medicines/pain killers. Alot of them didnt fill the antibiotics, but got the narcotic stuff.

When I got out of college my first job within the healthcare field was for a healthcare company that was a contractor for Medicare (now referred to as Medicare Advantage) and the fraud and abuse within the Medicare system, both from a member and subscriber standpoint was and still is beyond ridiculous.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I lost it when I saw some chick on Judge Judy on welfare with 3 kids sue to get money back from a cell phone she bought. Hmm now where was she able to get that money from?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm sure people on welfare abuse the system badly and cant't stop pushing out babies that we have pick the tab on because they refuse to get a fucking job.

Top Bottom