JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Since fuzzylump seems to enjoy Breitbart articles I decided to post another one.

PEW: 1/3 Mexican Adults Would Migrate to USA...

http://www.pewglobal.org/2013/04/29/u-s-image-rebounds-in-mexico/

keeping this in mind....

Immigration Bill Gives Amnestied Residents 'Immediate' Access to Welfare
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...s-by-allowing-illegal-immigrants-onto-welfare

“The Gang of Eight made a promise that illegal immigrants will not be able to access public benefits,” Sessions said in a statement to Breitbart News. “We already know that, once granted green cards and ultimately citizenship, illegal immigrants will be able to access all public benefit programs at a great cost to taxpayers. We have, however, identified a number of loopholes that would allow illegal immigrants to draw public benefits even sooner than advertised.”

If the bill were signed into law, America’s 11 million illegal immigrants would be legalized within six months, when Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano submits her border security plan to Congress. Illegal immigrants would immediately be eligible for Registered Provisional Immigrant (RPI) status, making them legal to live and work in the country.

As Sessions’ staff points out in the memo, “state laws frequently extend benefits to anyone ‘lawfully present’ in the U.S.” The Sessions team points to a Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) brief that details how the only requirement many state and local governments have with regard to immigrant access to public benefits is that they are “lawfully present.” The term “lawfully present” is a legal definition.

According to page 91 of the bill, all illegal immigrants granted legalized RPI status would legally be considered “lawfully present.” That section reads as follows:

‘‘(4) TREATMENT OF REGISTERED PROVISIONAL IMMIGRANTS.—A noncitizen granted registered provisional immigrant status under this section shall be considered lawfully present in the United States for all purposes while such noncitizen remains in such status, except that the noncitizen—

‘‘(A) is not entitled to the premium assistance tax credit authorized under section 36B of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986;

‘‘(B) shall be subject to the rules applicable to individuals not lawfully present that are set forth in subsection (e) of such section; and

‘‘(C) shall be subject to the rules applicable to individuals not lawfully present that are set forth in section 1402(e) of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (42 U.S.C. 18071).”

In evaluating whether an illegal immigrant qualifies for RPI status, Sessions’ staff points out, the legislation “explicitly forbids” the Department of Homeland Security from using current law, which blocks entry to those who could become "public charges," i.e. dependent on government welfare programs.

“Therefore, when those here illegally who are unable to support themselves are legalized, much of the immediate fiscal burden will fall on state and local governments,” Sessions’ staff wrote in the memo.

In addition to that loophole, Sessions and his staff found several more loopholes that allow current illegal immigrants access to public benefits even on the federal level before the promised wait time of 13 years from the bill’s passage.

In the memo, Sessions’ staff notes that current illegal immigrants who are “granted RPI status will immediately become eligible for federal benefits through citizen and permanent resident dependents, with no requirement that they support their household as a condition of receiving or maintaining legal status.” That means any current illegal immigrant who subsequently has dependent children, who are, by right of birth, U.S. citizens would qualify for federal welfare benefits through them.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
We need to conquer Mexico, again. Right now we can absorb another 100,000,000 Mexican-Americans, but if we just let them stay Mexicans they are going to a be a birthing factory that churns out illegal immigrants for ever.

Join my "Annex Mexico to end illegal immigration and Mexican threats of world domination" movement.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
The richest man in the world lives in Mexico, there is a lot of money to be made on welfare babies.

FuzzyLumpkins

In the Rotation
Reaction score
We need to conquer Mexico, again. Right now we can absorb another 100,000,000 Mexican-Americans, but if we just let them stay Mexicans they are going to a be a birthing factory that churns out illegal immigrants for ever.

Join my "Annex Mexico to end illegal immigration and Mexican threats of world domination" movement.

I know you are saying this somewhat tongue and cheek but I would not be against it actually going down. We already invade and take over ME countries. At least in this case it is an issue of national sovereignty.

Foreign nationals enter the country, establish a foothold in the electorate and then erode sovereignty.

Displace their elites and carpetbag the shit out of that country. The rich poor gap there is so severe that it could be handled such that it's not like the dispossessed there are going to become less dispossessed.

Ben_in_Austin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Send them home. They're here illegally. The only way you conquer the problem is to look where they are, within the companies that hire them. So start there, then start sending them home. It's a tough pill to swallow, but it has to begin sooner or later before it gets out of hand. I'm for deportation and strict penalties for illegal aliens. We could stop imprisoning our own citizens for non-violent offenses and send the undocumented workers packing.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Send them home. They're here illegally. The only way you conquer the problem is to look where they are, within the companies that hire them. So start there, then start sending them home. It's a tough pill to swallow, but it has to begin sooner or later before it gets out of hand. I'm for deportation and strict penalties for illegal aliens. We could stop imprisoning our own citizens for non-violent offenses and send the undocumented workers packing.

But if they do that, dems will lose about 700 billion votes.

Ben_in_Austin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
But if they do that, dems will lose about 700 billion votes.

It's not really about any particular party, it's about the country and how livable it will be when we have 700 billion undocumented workers and their offspring here. Illegal immigration is one of the biggest problems this country faces. We have aliens committing crimes, taking jobs, taking space and it has just become the norm to break the law here. Businesses are the only one who benefit from it, which would explain why the government turns a blind eye.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It's not really about any particular party, it's about the country and how livable it will be when we have 700 billion undocumented workers and their offspring here. Illegal immigration is one of the biggest problems this country faces. We have aliens committing crimes, taking jobs, taking space and it has just become the norm to break the law here. Businesses are the only one who benefit from it, which would explain why the government turns a blind eye.

Eh. Time to quit blaming business owners for some of this stuff. They hire illegals for a couple reasons 1) they want to work, many lazy US citizens wont do the work these guys do because they'd rather sit on their stupid asses and collect welfare checks and 2) they will work for cheap in a lot of cases.

Businesses need workers. If the people here WONT take those jobs, they have little other choice.

63echo

Reaction score
Eh. Time to quit blaming business owners for some of this stuff. They hire illegals for a couple reasons 1) they want to work, many lazy US citizens wont do the work these guys do because they'd rather sit on their stupid asses and collect welfare checks and 2) they will work for cheap in a lot of cases.

Businesses need workers. If the people here WONT take those jobs, they have little other choice.

My dad is a contractor, will not hire illegal workers, and pays a decent wage. People beat down his door whenever he has an opening on any of his crews. Saying legal workers don't want these jobs is circular reasoning that can be blown out of the water with little effort.

63echo

Reaction score
The ONLY way to fix the immigration problem is to quit promising amnesty (which worked so well in 86), make e-verify mandatory, enforce employer sanctions laws already on the books, and institute a sane guest worker program that won't have legal workers competing with guest workers. It would be fairly simple, but we as a country lack the intestinal fortitude to do this since, and likely will until it's too late.

MetalHead

In the Rotation
Reaction score

Oh yes it is.
There is a certain political entity that promises free stuff to the poor and undocumented masses in exchange for their votes.

63echo

Reaction score
Oh yes it is.
There is a certain political entity that promises free stuff to the poor and undocumented masses in exchange for their votes.

I dunno about that. For vastly different reasons, neither party is interested in any sort of effective immigration policy.

Hell, IRCA 86 was enacted during the Reagan administration.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
I dunno about that. For vastly different reasons, neither party is interested in any sort of effective immigration policy.

But it was started during the Carter admin and pushed largely by Democrats.
I don't hold much to partisan loyalty and both sides of that foolishness foul things up, but each side does take ownership of particular issues. For example, immigration and abortion are largely left-side platform, but if the right really cared as much about the issue as they did the benefits they get from the divisions over it, they would actually do more than pretend to fight over these things

ScipioCowboy

Practice Squad
Reaction score

And that's the primary reason Republicans don't compromise on the issue anymore. Reagan compromised, and the Democrats didn't fulfill their half of the bargain.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
So, I'm interested in a couple of hard numbers.

1. How much of our current budget is allocated to true welfare? Not Medicare/Medicaid, but food stamps/weekly checks type of welfare?
2. Do we currently limit the number of immigrants to the U.S. yearly, specifically from Mexico?
3. Has anyone done an economic study of the impact of easing immigration law to allow more immigrants to gain citizenship?

I'm curious, I haven't looked into any of these things in much detail. I had an economics/finance professor who snorted in disgust at any sort of immigration reform.

His opinion: Let 'em come and make them citizens. He felt the positive economic impact would far outweigh whatever cost might be incurred by additional welfare, etc. The U.S. has a few densely populated regions, but is largely empty. There is no shortage of places to live and build. No shortage of food in this country (and we could make a hell of lot more if we ditched worthless shit like ethanol subsidies) It'd drive up industry and kick start the economy by simply rapidly increasing the population.

I'm sure there are people that abuse the system, but I'm sure there are many immigrants that would come here for the same reason all of our ancestors came here. A better opportunity. They aren't all deadbeats.

MetalHead

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Problem is,that the majority of them associate opportunity with government programs like welfare and section 8,both tax payer funded.
It will be disastrous.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Problem is,that the majority of them associate opportunity with government programs like welfare and section 8,both tax payer funded.
It will be disastrous.

So no numbers or info then?

Top Bottom