Reaction score
I saw Bob start a watch thread, i figured i could start one about guns.

I am wanting to get something for home defense. Something without a license and not too expensive. Ive thought about a shotgun but those things have alot of kickback. Maybe a stun gun? Ive looked at different knives. I have small kids so thats a concern too. I just need something in case of an emergency.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
6237a176.jpg

Reaction score
Yeah I need to get my concealed carry license... but Texas could be going to open carry soon, so it may be a moot point.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Knives are an interesting choice. Watch the robber take it away from you and stab you though.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I have a .40 cal S&W for home defense. Similar to the one below. Good gun, but not necessarily cheap.

C3njkZ3.jpg

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Yeah I need to get my concealed carry license... but Texas could be going to open carry soon, so it may be a moot point.

I only carry in my vehicle. As it stands right now, a lot of liability could be gained from carrying in my person. Plus, I have a little bit of a temper, so that's another reason for me not to carry. :awkward

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
What's an expensive gun go for? So I can gloat in the robber's face; 'yo, you got shot with an expensive gun yo!'.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
What's an expensive gun go for? So I can gloat in the robber's face; 'yo, you got shot with an expensive gun yo!'.

As far as pistols go, they can go up to around 1200. But, to me that's overkill (no pun intended) for home defense. Or for anything, TBH. And, I much prefer a pistol for home defense because it's not nearly as bulky as a shotgun.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Knowing you well like I do, you'd miss with either gun anyways. Might as well go affordable then.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Knowing you well like I do, you'd miss with either gun anyways. Might as well go affordable then.

I wouldn't miss you. Mainly because you would be drunk... and driving... so, actually now that I think about it, you would be really hard to hit, what with all the swerving and stuff.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm probably going to get my CCL license. I thought it was nearly impossible in Cali, but a customer of mine told me if I carry a certain amount of cash on me at all times, It's a pretty easy get.

Reaction score
I always thought it'd be cool to rig a breaker in your house that'll cut off all the lights, and lock all the doors. Put the breaker near your bed. And have a pair of night vision goggles. Then when someone breaks in, you trap them and hunt them like Buffalo Bill did Clarece at the end of Silence of the Lambs. But not get killed because you try and sneak up on them and touch their hair or some dumb shit.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I always thought it'd be cool to rig a breaker in your house that'll cut off all the lights, and lock all the doors. Put the breaker near your bed. And have a pair of night vision goggles. Then when someone breaks in, you trap them and hunt them like Buffalo Bill did Clarece at the end of Silence of the Lambs. But not get killed because you try and sneak up on them and touch their hair or some dumb shit.

That would be a terrible idea.

Top Bottom