dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Per FWST. Supposedly he has been working out everyday and his back injury is healed.

If he's in good enough shape, he's a decent addition because he knows the playbook already.

Also, Dockery says he thinks he is ready to return from his injury.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well.... I would've preferred to find a young lineman from another teams practice squad, but Holland will do I suppose.

I seriously doubt he's in shape or his back is healthy though. He's always been fat and lazy, and back injuries tend to linger, especially on 340lb men.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Holland if he signs today, any odds on how many practices before he hurts a hamstring or a knee?

I say two weeks tops and he will be in street clothes again.

Reaction score
So glad we're going hard for Holland rather than Brian Waters.. who wants a Pro Bowl OG when you can have a guy who squats 340.

That's times per day.. over the toilet.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
@CalvinWatkins

@toddarcher reports #cowboys will sign guard Montrae holland. Bill Nagy could go on IR to make room for holland.

Reaction score
jason-garrett.jpg
Hey team.... that message I tried to send heading into the season about holding players accountable and the importance of showing to camp in shape? Yeah... just forget about that.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
jason-garrett.jpg
Hey team.... that message I tried to send heading into the season about holding players accountable and the importance of showing to camp in shape? Yeah... just forget about that.

It makes sense if he rededicated himself to getting in shape. I just don't like the player, but apparently Arkin is far from ready and Kowalski isn't ready to start at C. So this is what we have to do.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Holland, for all the hate he gets actually plays well when he is on the field. He did play well in that final preseason game, and without alot of conditioning work played alot of that game.

I wonder if after seeing the OL struggle so much the first 5 gamess to run the ball if they might not only replace Nagy (obviously) but think about siutting Kosier down for a few weeks too. he has a pretty painful foot injury right now. If thats the case, mabe Holland and Dockery are moved into the starting lineup. Both guys are alot bigger and more physical than Nagy, Kowalski and Kosier. It might be a boost to the run game. We clearly lose some athletic ability, but it might help improve the run game some.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
He such an asset, that's why it's week 6, going on week 7 and he's still sitting at home.

I'm glad we got him before another team snatched him up.

63echo

Reaction score
After consideration, maybe this is the best move available. Dude is apparently in at least mediocre shape and can step right in and play on Sunday. Not thrilled about it, but it could have been worse.

But still, what a clustersuck this o-line is.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We have so much confidence in Holland, that we signed another Guard today. Help us if we lose a tackle, we only have Jermey Parnell as a reserve there.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We have so much confidence in Holland, that we signed another Guard today. Help us if we lose a tackle, we only have Jermey Parnell as a reserve there.

Apparently they signed Loper because they are saying its up in the air whether Dockery is ready to go in practice.

C

Cr122

Sabin: After leaving Cowboys in frustration, Montrae Holland is 'happy to be back'

After leaving Cowboys in frustration, Montrae Holland is 'happy to be back'
ByRainer Sabin / Reporter
rsabin@dallasnews.com | Bio

2:32 PM on Wed., Oct. 19, 2011 | Permalink
IRVING -- When the Cowboys informed Montrae Holland he had been cut last month, he was overcome with frustration.

"I was just trying to get out of here as fast as I could," Holland said Wednesday, a day after he rejoined the team. "They said that they were going in a different direction and I just ran away."

In line for a promotion when starting right guard Leonard Davis was cut in July, Holland injured his hamstring and back soon after training camp began. The eight-year veteran spent the next weeks doing conditioning drills on the side as his teammates practiced.

The scuttlebutt heard around San Antonio, Valley Ranch and beyond was that Holland's problems were exacerbated by the fact that he was out of shape and was 14 pounds heavier than he was the previous season.

As a result, Holland wasn't cleared to play until the team's final exhibition against Miami. During the telecast of that game, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones praised Holland. But three days later Holland had been released.

Now, he's back with the Cowboys and approximately 10 pounds lighter. On Wednesday, he was seen practicing with the first team at left guard.

"He's in good shape," head coach Jason Garrett said. "His weight is good. I thought he did a good job practicing football today after he hasn't practiced in about six weeks."

Wearing team apparel Wednesday, Holland reflected on a trying period in his life. He then smiled.

"I'm happy to be back," he said.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
"During the telecast of that game, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones praised Holland. But three days later Holland had been released."

More proof that Jerry just loves to hear himself talk more than anything.

Top Bottom