Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
CBS News thinks they're onto something... I think not.

Another example of how the media thinks we are stupid, or maybe it is they who are the stupid ones. Yes, the US disarmed the Japanese after WWII. And the way they did it was to occupy the country with military force. This is precisely why the founders wrote the 2nd amendment! And the reason they disarmed Japanese civilians was to prevent uprisings among those who wished to continue killing Americans even after the Japanese emperor surrendered unconditionally.

But there are some very significant cultural differences between Japan and the US. For 1 thing, the Japanese are a homogenous society. There are few, or none, sub-cultures in Japan. They do not have issues of race because they do not allow immigration into their country to dilute their society. The Japanese culture is more of conformity than independence. Look at how Japan views drug abuse compared to how the US views it. Drug abusers are not well tolerated in Japan, even people who are high in society. In America, we glorify drug use in Hollywood, on college campuses and almost everywhere else. Now we are pushing to legalize it.

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score

Two Uvalde city police officers passed up a fleeting chance to shoot a gunman outside Robb Elementary School before he went on to kill 21 people inside the school, a senior sheriff’s deputy told The New York Times.

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
Troubling new reporting offers a different account of the Uvalde Police’s response to the school shooting that left 21 people dead. The Texas Tribune’s Editor in Chief Sewell Chan shares that officers may have had more tools on hand than first thought.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
The NJ Assembly is considering a new gun control law that would require gun owners to keep their ammunition and guns locked up in their homes, and it would make it illegal to store loaded magazines even in safes and lockboxes. Magazines would have to be unloaded at all times. This bill, if it passes would basically prevent homeowners from using semi-autos to defend themselves and their property.

I have no doubt this bill would be overturned by the Supreme Court, but the audacity of lawmakers to even consider such a bill tells you how bold liberals are becoming.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The NJ Assembly is considering a new gun control law that would require gun owners to keep their ammunition and guns locked up in their homes, and it would make it illegal to store loaded magazines even in safes and lockboxes. Magazines would have to be unloaded at all times. This bill, if it passes would basically prevent homeowners from using semi-autos to defend themselves and their property.

I have no doubt this bill would be overturned by the Supreme Court, but the audacity of lawmakers to even consider such a bill tells you how bold liberals are becoming.

Hard to fathom how something like this would curtail gun crimes. But it's not about that. But you have to give it to the Dems......they really think outside the box to try to get around the 2A. Republicans lack the courage to do the same thing.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Multiple articles in the last two-three days about the MASSIVE amounts of ammunition the IRS has been buying and stockpiling.

This is not the first time I have heard about this, though its the first time it's actually made the news. When we were having huge quantity shortages several yrs ago gun shops commented then that they were pretty sure the government was buying it in huge amounts to limit the amount the public could get.

Now we see this with the IRS, which is probably even more ominous.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Hard to fathom how something like this would curtail gun crimes. But it's not about that. But you have to give it to the Dems......they really think outside the box to try to get around the 2A. Republicans lack the courage to do the same thing.
Dodger, you just don't understand.

Gun free zones work. Gun free country works. No crimes will ever be committed if there are no guns. Guns cause crime.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Multiple articles in the last two-three days about the MASSIVE amounts of ammunition the IRS has been buying and stockpiling.

This is not the first time I have heard about this, though its the first time it's actually made the news. When we were having huge quantity shortages several yrs ago gun shops commented then that they were pretty sure the government was buying it in huge amounts to limit the amount the public could get.

Now we see this with the IRS, which is probably even more ominous.

Does the IRS even have an enforcement component that would need ammunition? If they do then that is an even bigger issue. It is amazing to me how far we have moved away from the concept of government created by our founding fathers.

Does everyone remember when Hillary made the comment that 13 or 17 intelligence agencies in the US all agreed that Russia interfered in the 2020 election? When I heard that my first question was, why do we have 17 intelligence agencies all doing the same thing? It is absurd.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
NY Governor made a total asswipe of herself yesterday and got owned all over the internet for it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Two of the dumbest cunts anywhere, Whitmer in Michigan (who is also as fucking crooked as one can get) and this Communist Hochul in NY.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
NY Governor made a total asswipe of herself yesterday and got owned all over the internet for it.

Libs had to know this ruling was coming. I am pretty sure the Supreme Court made this same ruling a couple of years ago in another case for another state. In that case and in this one, the two liberal states were basically denying anyone applying for a permit. There are other states with similar laws, including mine in NJ. I am pretty sure these will fall next.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Just a follow up: I did not realize the SCOTUS decision on the NY law applies to 6 states including my state of NJ. I got an email from the NRA last night with a link to a message from the state attorney general. Basically, the AG said NJ can no longer require concealed carry permit applicants to to demonstrate a specific need. From now on you can apply without that requirement but it still requires 3 character witnesses who have known you for an extended period. You must demonstrate some proficiency as far as gun safety and handling. And you must pass a background check.

I never thought in a million years NJ would ever allow me to carry and I probably won't but I am considering obtaining my CC permit anyway. I might have to take some additional training at the range but that should not be a problem.

Kudos to the Supreme Court.

Top Bottom