Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I was thinking of the song, "Happiness Is a Warm Gun" today as I was driving home from the shooting range when I realized it is very true. Happiness is a warm gun! Sorry libs. Don't knock it until you've tried it!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
See? That's why NRA moved to texas...

The NRA never moved to Texas. If looking for a new place to be there's already other states that have permitless carry. Are you really this malinformed?

See? Your sources whatever they are, had you believing in something that never fucking happened.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Will everyone please stop buying ammo for a couple of months. Let supplies catch up so prices return to normal. If you already have 1000 rounds, you can hold off buy more for 2 months. We are not going to war before then. Then if August when prices are 50% less than they are now, you will thank me!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Will everyone please stop buying ammo for a couple of months. Let supplies catch up so prices return to normal. If you already have 1000 rounds, you can hold off buy more for 2 months. We are not going to war before then. Then if August when prices are 50% less than they are now, you will thank me!

And that’s why I reload

I have enough components on hand to keep a small army outfitted. So I never have to worry about ammo shortages.

Not to mention the real ammo I have had stockpiled.

That’s why these short term ammo shortages never phase me.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Judge Overturns California's "assault weapons ban. There is no doubt the 9th circuit appeals court with reverse this judges decision but at least we know some judges still know the constitution. After the 9th circuit rules this will head to the Supreme Court where we will see if the Trump appointed justices will meet expectations or disappoint us.

https://nypost.com/2021/06/04/us-judge-overturns-californias-ban-on-assault-weapons/

Notice how the article shows a picture of 3 scary looking guns? Yes, the style of the gun is what this is all about because the components that actually makes these weapons guns are no different than those on many common hunting rifles. It should also be noted that since 1982 to present, almost 40 years, there have been only 49 mass shootings involving rifles (all types). There have been 97 using handguns and 26 involving shotguns. FBI data shows that out of 14,000 murder victims in 2019, only 364 were killed by rifles, again, all kinds of rifles. 1476 were killed with knives, and 600 were killed with fists and feet! 6368 people were killed with handguns, 17.5 times as many as those killed with rifles. The focus on how some rifles look is one of the more ridiculous things about liberal thinking.

More truth: The FBI admitted that the 1st assault weapons ban enacted in 1994, and expired in 2004, had no appreciable impact on the number of mass shootings in the US.

Here is the definition of an "assault rifle" in CA:
"1. A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
A thumbhole stock.
A folding or telescoping stock.
A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
A flash suppressor.
A forward pistol grip.
2. A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
3. A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches."

Other than the grenade launcher none of these features banned in CA have anything to do with the lethality of a weapon. But grenades are outlawed under other gun control provisions. Telescoping stocks are for comfort.

As for the argument against large capacity magazines, it is a specious argument. A semi-auto rifle or handgun with a 10 round magazine is going to be just as deadly in a mass shooting in a gun free zone because it is one shooter who is armed vs. a bunch of unarmed people. The Columbine shooters used shotguns to kill the majority of their victims. Magazine capacity only matters in a combat scenario - like a home invader with a gun and a home defender with a gun. Obviously, if you are attacked by a home invader with a handgun that takes a 15 round magazine, and you have only a 10 round magazine, you are at a disadvantage.

When this case gets to the Supreme Court let's hope common sense and the constitution prevail. Every state ban on assault weapons should be overturned because these laws are an infringement on the 2nd amendment and they don't really accomplish anything.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
20772517f447176065f515dbbc2ab8d1.jpg

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

The legit gun owners are NOT the only ones hoarding ammo.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
After the 9th circuit rules this will head to the Supreme Court where we will see if the Trump appointed justices will meet expectations or disappoint us.
Honestly other than Clarence Thomas, are any of them worth a shit?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Alito is still a dependable conservative. The problem is Roberts. He is a judicial coward.

I am 100% convinced the liberals (Soros, Obama others) have something major on Roberts.

It seems the vast majority of his rulings have no similarities to the rest of his career prior to SCOTUS.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I am 100% convinced the liberals (Soros, Obama others) have something major on Roberts.

It seems the vast majority of his rulings have no similarities to the rest of his career prior to SCOTUS.

I read somewhere a long time ago a theory on Roberts and how he is unpredictable and inconsistent. The theory is Roberts is on medication for bi-polar disorder and when he forgets to take his medication he gets wacky. It is not just his wrong decisions, it is how he defends them. For example, during the initial hearings on Obamacare Roberts asked the US solicitor general, "if the government can make me buy insurance, can they make me buy broccoli?" Great question. The govt response was, the ACA only authorizes a mandate to purchase insurance, which completely misses the point. After asking this question and hearing the answer court watchers were certain this question by Roberts signaled he was going to rule against the ACA mandate rendering the AC unconstitutional. Instead Roberts decided the mandate was legal because it was a tax, not a penalty, despite the fact the government went out of its way not to call the mandate a tax when they argued their case. In fact, the solicitor general corrected any comment that the mandate was a tax arguing the government was not stipulating that point.

To this day we have no idea why Roberts asked the question about buying broccoli, or why he called the penalty a tax when even the government refused to call it a tax. But apparently the correct answer to the question now is, yes, the government can pass a law requiring you to buy broccoli. According to the Supreme Court, the American government can do to its citizens exactly what the British did to the colonies with various taxes and mandates to purchase British merchant goods. These mandates and taxes were one of the main reasons we revolted against the crown and fought for independence! How in the world could the SCOTUS make such a ruling?

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
As expected, the 9th circuit ruled against the lower court judge and upheld the ban on assault weapons, at least for now. The 9th circuit put a stay on the lower court ruling which overturned the ban until all the appeals are heard. This is going to go to the Supreme Court eventually and I am expecting the Roberts court to either uphold the ban, or issues some narrow ruling that only has limited effect on gun rights.

The lower court got it exactly right. The so-called "assault weapons" are only modernized rifles which are in common use and serve multiple purposes, from home defense to target shooting or hunting varmints. There is no evidence the ban has any impact on gun fatalities.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, let's say Biden and his commie party figure out how to pass gun bans in America. Will the borders still be open so Mexican cartels can run illegals guns across the boarder to stock the black market that will undoubtedly follow? What if conservative states ignore the gun running like Democrats ignore illegals streaming into the country?

I am just curious how liberals plan on stopping the flow of illegal guns into America when we have spent decades and trillions of dollars trying to stop illegal drugs coming across the border with little success.

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
We need Common Sense High Capacity Bow Regulations Now !!
End Bow Violence Now !! :mad:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, let's say Biden and his commie party figure out how to pass gun bans in America. Will the borders still be open so Mexican cartels can run illegals guns across the boarder to stock the black market that will undoubtedly follow? What if conservative states ignore the gun running like Democrats ignore illegals streaming into the country?

I am just curious how liberals plan on stopping the flow of illegal guns into America when we have spent decades and trillions of dollars trying to stop illegal drugs coming across the border with little success.

Liberals don’t believe illegal guns are a real issue

They only worry about the legal ones in the hands of law abiding citizens

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
Norway perp is a Danish citizen AND a recent convert to the "Religion of Peace."

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Nothing screams why we have the 2nd Amendment louder than what is going on in Australia, Italy, Greece, Spain, and others right now. If you don't have a gun, the govt can do whatever the fuck they want without worry that you'll fight back. It's the only right that protects all the other rights. Only a dumbass would think otherwise.

Top Bottom