Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Some ass clown at the zone trying to make the argument that Dak's performance was between average and great the other day. Holding himself out as a film expert. Lol that site.

That post was odd to me especially that millions of people watched the game.

Yeah but did you uninformed fake fans, along with the millions of viewers, watch the All-22? I bet you didn't. That guy did so his opinion and analysis trumps yours.

But really, I was going to respond to that thread but I rarely post there. It's just not worth my time and aggravation. It's like talking to a 5 year old and you can't have an adult discussion with most folks there without it devolving into the fake fan bullshit.

This generation of millennials are just not capable of any type of analytical thinking and (constructive) debate. It's why young guys like Spiderfan MJ, who posts here, have a rude awakening when they have to leave their parent's nest and find that the world is a different place than they've been taught in the re-education camps we call public schools and universities.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So then you're saying Switzer did a hell of a job coaching here? That 95 team absolutely overcame bad coaching. Switzer was unengaged and offered nothing to the that team except handing out hot dogs on the sideline. I'm sure you'd disagree with Aikman.......he certainly doesn't know what he was talking about, even though he was there.

Switzer was a bad HC, we did not have bad assistants. In fact at the time we still had one of the better assistant groups in the league.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Some ass clown at the zone trying to make the argument that Dak's performance was between average and great the other day. Holding himself out as a film expert. Lol that site.

There were actually far more epic ****** threads than that there. Avg IQ of that place is definitely a negative number at this point.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Switzer was a bad HC, we did not have bad assistants. In fact at the time we still had one of the better assistant groups in the league.

So you're agreeing that we overcame a bad HC? So you don't agree with your sig?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So lame. Are you going to tell me BB was referring to assistant coaches? GTFOH

He said "bad coaching"

Belichick is a NFL lifer and a son of a coach. I guarantee you he was referring to all coaching.

If Garrett had elite coordinators and position coaches he wouldn't look as mediocre as he is today, but he doesn't. he has lousy assistants. That's part of being a quality HC though too, being able to surround yourself with good assistants. And Garrett's failed at that too.

Switzer didnt bring any coaches with him, he inherited Johnson's staff and that's why the team didnt washout immediately. It took several years of Switzer b/s plus horrendous drafting and aging of the team to ruin what we had,

Jerseycowboysfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Good point on Switzer. Talent overcomes coaching, to some extent. This team plays to get paid. They're the prima dona's of the NFL, that's why they get ridiculed. Jimmy was on to something when he told us all it was a country club atmosphere. We've got a lot of issues and I still believe we have to hit rock bottom before we can be contenders again.

EDIT: And that pass to Zeke was so ugly. It might have had a bit of a chance had Dak not looked at him the whole time. Just ugly.....
I believe talent does NOT overcome poor coaching . The only reason the 94-95 cowboys were able to overcome poor coach ie switzer was because they were already groomed to be winners by jimmie Johnson. This team however, was groomed all the way through by jason garrett therefore is already doomed from the start .
These teams under Garrett , continue to do all the wrong things fundamentally to be a great team. The continuous mental mistakes are inexcusable!!!!!! I can see physical mistakes but not mental mistakes. Talent is what prevents physical mistakes. Poor coaching allows mental mistakes. Poor coaching takes talent and put in positions to fail.
This Cowboys team is loaaaaded with talent , however it’s being wasted by poor coaching . Yes we still have our “Jeff heaths” but we can fix stuff like this with good coaching. Keep this in mind gentlemen, and I hate to use the Patriots as an example because I can’t stand em , but Belichek always finds a way to get the best out of every guy on his team. He has a few quality guys , yes, but a ton of no names. He puts his team in the best possible spot to win each and every game . He knows how to exploit your every weakness and devise a game plan against it.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
He said "bad coaching"

Belichick is a NFL lifer and a son of a coach. I guarantee you he was referring to all coaching.

If Garrett had elite coordinators and position coaches he wouldn't look as mediocre as he is today, but he doesn't. he has lousy assistants. That's part of being a quality HC though too, being able to surround yourself with good assistants. And Garrett's failed at that too.

Switzer didnt bring any coaches with him, he inherited Johnson's staff and that's why the team didnt washout immediately. It took several years of Switzer b/s plus horrendous drafting and aging of the team to ruin what we had,

Congratulations David. You must be the only person on God's green earth who believes we won in 95 because of coaching. Well done. Ernie Zampese and Dave Campo thank you, as you're the only fool who things they're prowess as coordinators overcame the HC and took a talentless bunch to SB glory.

Thank goodness we eventually promoted Campo to HC 5 years after the 95 SB. Teams were clawing after the 95 season to make him a HC. Same with Ernie. I'm surprised no team offered 1st round picks to raid these guys from our coaching ranks. It's now obvious that Campo was the HC in waiting and was being groomed and Chan Gaily was just holding the baton until Campo was ready.

Thanks buddy. It's all so clear now.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I believe talent does NOT overcome poor coaching . The only reason the 94-95 cowboys were able to overcome poor coach ie switzer was because they were already groomed to be winners by jimmie Johnson. This team however, was groomed all the way through by jason garrett therefore is already doomed from the start .
These teams under Garrett , continue to do all the wrong things fundamentally to be a great team. The continuous mental mistakes are inexcusable!!!!!! I can see physical mistakes but not mental mistakes. Talent is what prevents physical mistakes. Poor coaching allows mental mistakes. Poor coaching takes talent and put in positions to fail.
This Cowboys team is loaaaaded with talent , however it’s being wasted by poor coaching . Yes we still have our “Jeff heaths” but we can fix stuff like this with good coaching. Keep this in mind gentlemen, and I hate to use the Patriots as an example because I can’t stand em , but Belichek always finds a way to get the best out of every guy on his team. He has a few quality guys , yes, but a ton of no names. He puts his team in the best possible spot to win each and every game . He knows how to exploit your every weakness and devise a game plan against it.

My point is this. Talent can and has overcome bad coaching. It's extremely rare but the 95 team overcame Barry Switzer until the foundation completely eroded. They were that talented. We may not see that again simply because we assume if a team goes to a SB, they were well coached. Doug Pederson was all the rave and now the Eagles can't beat a two win team. John Fox took the Broncos to the SB and won the division every year he was there but he was removed after a 12 and 4 season. Might Payton Manning have had something to do with Denver's success? Or did Denver just decide to dump a coach after a 12 and 4 season and a year removed from a SB appearance?

I get it. You guys want to put it all on coaching and I'm not going to disagree one bit that Garrett sucks as a coach. I despised him the moment I realized he costs games with his poor clock management and game management. That was early on and I wasn't one of those fans that thought we should give him an opportunity to "learn on the job." Fuck that....

But this team is not "loaaaaded" with talent. The DL has issues, the LB's have issues and when Jeff Heath is your starting safety, GTFOH with that BS that we're loaded with talent. And Cole Beasley just bent this D over and rammed them for over 100 receiving yards. That's right, Cole Fucking Beasley. Let that sink in.

Witten is your starting TE because the other guys can't block and the minute Cooper leaves in free agency, we're fucked at the wide out position just like we were before he got here. Any time we lose an OL, the line becomes a turnstile because we have no depth. The starting LG was already a turnstile for 2 years now before his injury.

Everyone wants to point at Belichick but those guys are rare. And he's had the benefit of having the GOAT at QB.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Congratulations David. You must be the only person on God's green earth who believes we won in 95 because of coaching. Well done. Ernie Zampese and Dave Campo thank you, as you're the only fool who things they're prowess as coordinators overcame the HC and took a talentless bunch to SB glory.

Thank goodness we eventually promoted Campo to HC 5 years after the 95 SB. Teams were clawing after the 95 season to make him a HC. Same with Ernie. I'm surprised no team offered 1st round picks to raid these guys from our coaching ranks. It's now obvious that Campo was the HC in waiting and was being groomed and Chan Gaily was just holding the baton until Campo was ready.

Thanks buddy. It's all so clear now.

Zampese was one of the top offensive coaches in the league when we got him. We got Norv from that same Rams staff at Zampese's urging. The offense in 94 and 95 was outstanding under Zampese, save a game or two perhaps.

Agree for the most part on Campo, though he did a reasonably good job in 95 and 96 as a first time coordinator.

Those were not the only coaches though. We had pretty good position coaches as well, and a great special teams coach.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Zampese was one of the top offensive coaches in the league when we got him. We got Norv from that same Rams staff at Zampese's urging. The offense in 94 and 95 was outstanding under Zampese, save a game or two perhaps.

And in 96 and 97 that same offense was near the bottom of the NFL. The 95 team is the team that won in-spite of it's coaching and even Aikman admitted it. It's really not even debatable.

Do yourself a favor and use your Mod powers to delete your previous posts before someone outside the forum sees them. I'm trying to help you. You really may be the only Dallas fan, dead or alive, to credit coaching for the 95 SB.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And in 96 and 97 that same offense was near the bottom of the NFL. The 95 team is the team that won in-spite of it's coaching and even Aikman admitted it. It's really not even debatable.

Do yourself a favor and use your Mod powers to delete your previous posts before someone outside the forum sees them. I'm trying to help you. You really may be the only Dallas fan, dead or alive, to credit coaching for the 95 SB.

Aikman's gripes with the coaching were definitely with Switzer, not with Zampese or the other assistants.

And where the hell did I ever "credit" the coaches for the 1995 Super Bowl? All I said was the HC was lousy, but the assistants were pretty good. Almost all of them were Jimmy's assistants by the way, are you suggesting he hired all shitty staff?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Aikman's gripes with the coaching were definitely with Switzer, not with Zampese or the other assistants.

And where the hell did I ever "credit" the coaches for the 1995 Super Bowl? All I said was the HC was lousy, but the assistants were pretty good. Almost all of them were Jimmy's assistants by the way, are you suggesting he hired all shitty staff?

Lousy HC and "pretty good" coordinators = SB Championship. I got it.

The talent left by Jimmy on on that 95 team won the SB despite it's coaching. End of story. You're response is that we had pretty good assistants. It's late and I can't even have this discussion sober. Are you even listening to yourself?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Lousy HC and "pretty good" coordinators = SB Championship. I got it.

The talent left by Jimmy on on that 95 team won the SB despite it's coaching. End of story. You're response is that we had pretty good assistants. It's late and I can't even have this discussion sober. Are you even listening to yourself?

Dude you have gone 100% fucktard with this stuff

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dude you have gone 100% fucktard with this stuff

So says the guy that credits coaching for the 95 season. And not just any coaching, mind you, but assistant coaching. you've gone 100% loon.....

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So says the guy that credits coaching for the 95 season. And not just any coaching, mind you, but assistant coaching. you've goon 100% loon.....

Like I said pure fucktard dude. I never gave any "credit" to the coaches for that Super Bowl, I said the HC was awful but the assistants were not. There's a difference.

I know you arn't this fucking stupid, so you're only doing this to be a total dickbag. Get a fucking grip.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
How is this for a grade?

NFL interception leaders through Week 13:
- Minkah Fitzpatrick, 5
- Marcus Peters, 5
- Devin McCourty, 5
- Joe Schobert, 4
- Logan Ryan, 4
- Kevin King, 4
- TreDavious White, 4