C

Cr122

Donovan McNabb can't stop seeing Cowboys

11:27 PM CDT on Friday, July 30, 2010
Rick Gosselin
Around the NFC East

ASHBURN, Va. – The Cowboys have become Donovan McNabb's personal groundhog day.

The six-time Pro Bowl quarterback was traded from Philadelphia to Washington this off-season. When the Redskins open the season at home against the Cowboys on Sept. 12, it will be his third consecutive game against Dallas. It'll also be the fourth time he has faced the Cowboys in the last 11 games.

McNabb lost all three of his starts against the Cowboys last season, completing just 50.4 percent of his passes with two touchdowns, two fumbles, three interceptions and 11 sacks. McNabb and the Eagles lost to the Cowboys 20-16 in Week 9, 24-0 in Week 17 and 34-14 in the opening round of the playoffs.

"It doesn't matter to me," said McNabb of his personal scheduling quirk. "If we played them the first game of the preseason, I wouldn't care. They are just another team on the schedule. Some teams you play a lot, some teams you don't. The focus here is what we need to accomplish as a team."

McNabb is 12-9 in his career against the Cowboys but just 2-5 over the last three years.

Rick Gosselin

After further review ...

An NFL officiating crew headed by Gene Steratore met with Cowboys coaches and players on Thursday night to discuss rules changes and answer questions. The crew also presented an NFL-produced 15-minute video that illustrated rules changes, most of which are designed to increase the protection for defenseless players, and behavior issues.

Cowboys past and present popped up in the video.

The league wants players to tone down the exaggerated displays by players trying to get a penalty call against the opponent. Cowboys wide receiver Roy Williams was shown begging for an interference call.

"There were some chuckles in the room," Steratore said.

Former offensive tackle Flozell Adams was shown taking a shot at New York Giants' defensive end Justin Tuck on the final play of the first half last December. Under the previous rule, officials waved off a dead-ball personal foul against the offense on the final play of a half. The penalty will now be carried over to the second half.

The video stressed the need for sportsmanship. It showed linebacker Anthony Spencer helping up San Diego quarterback Philip Rivers after flattening him with a clean tackle.

Gerry Fraley

C

Cr122

I really can't stand this douche bag.

That's my new nickname for him. (McDouche)

Top Bottom