VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
I guess it depends on when you personally set a line and declare it a precedent. Is it after one incident? 100? 1,000?

I wish children were never sexually abused. But it happens in every type of family dynamic. Trying to take one incident and declare it as a precedent, and ignore similar incidents in different circumstances, is the epitome of hypocrisy.

I'm not taking the incident as precedent, because as of now, the numbers don't exist to make such a comparison. It can't be hypocritical at all due to the sheer disparity of the numbers. Heterosexual parenting far far exceeds the instances of homosexual parenting and a comparison can't be logically made.

I'm talking about the idea of allowing two gay men especially, to adopt children, specifically male children. But I know I can't even begin to penetrate the cultural and social conditioning that has gone into convincing people that this will not be a horrible thing.

Reaction score
I'm talking about the idea of allowing two gay men especially, to adopt children, specifically male children. But I know I can't even begin to penetrate the cultural and social conditioning that has gone into convincing people that this will not be a horrible thing.

I agree with this, I dont understand how this can be ok?

Two gay dudes adopt/surrogate a child from another country and that doesn't seem suspicious?

I believe every child should have the opportunity to be raised by Parents as opposed to foster homes and the like, but having said that I don't believe that it should be a right for people to have that ability.

I think the ability to be a parent should be a earned privilege not something that people take advantage of to gain benefits from the Government. There would be a whole lot less abused and troubled youths.

Reaction score
I think the ability to be a parent should be a earned privilege not something that people take advantage of to gain benefits from the Government.
How will that be earned exactly? IOW who is doing the vetting and what are the criteria?

Reaction score
Yes. I'm also worried about how we're going to stop 15 year old girls raised in conservative households and not put on birth control or given access to abortions and sex ed (because, big surprise...their parents want that taken out of school) from having all these welfare babies.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well don't you worry about that. We're moving away from religion at an exponential rate.

Reaction score
How will that be earned exactly? IOW who is doing the vetting and what are the criteria?

I'm sure there could be several ways to line up criteria for this. I don't know how exactly but there has got to be a way to do it and make it reasonable AND fair.

There's a lot of shitty parents out there and shouldn't have the right to raise a child...

There's also a good portion of Shitty people out there shouldn't breed to begin with...

Reaction score
Sorry Johnny, you could live in a nice house in the suburbs by affluent parents who can provide for you and send you to college, but we don't want you being raised by homos. Back to foster care with ya. Oh, we're also going to cut the welfare programs keeping you alive because we're conservatives and that's what we do. Have fun shopping at WalMart your whole life, they keep their prices low because we give them and their brethren insane tax breaks so that's probably the only place you'll be able to afford on the shitty minimum wage job you'll get after you get out of the system.

But at least you won't be raised by two dudes.

Reaction score
I'm not taking the incident as precedent, because as of now, the numbers don't exist to make such a comparison. It can't be hypocritical at all due to the sheer disparity of the numbers. Heterosexual parenting far far exceeds the instances of homosexual parenting and a comparison can't be logically made.

You said in the post I quoted that the fact that children are sexually abused in other instances doesn't negate the "existence of a bad precedence"? You're saying that two gay men should never be allowed to adopt a male child. That's ridiculous. One instance of a gay male couple abusing a male child doesn't mean it's always going to happen, or that it's gong to happen a percentage of the time.

I believe homosexuality is a sin, but I'm not going to try to prevent sinners from adopting male children, because that would mean no male children could ever get adopted. And if the children aren't adopted, that's a decidedly higher risk for the types of things we're discussing here. Would you rather the child be sold into slavery?

So no, I'm not ready to declare that two gay men adopting a male child is a horrible thing, especially compared to the alternatives. You can claim it's social or cultural conditioning all you want. I'll call it what it is... critical thinking and refusal to fall into that trap of using the bible to make humans seem subhuman.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I couldn't even read the rest of this shit. Just utterly sick.

My fear is, that the more you and society at large, hears and reads about this shit so much that the result is to become desensitized to it, and eventually it becomes "normal"; and that is clearly their aim.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Well don't you worry about that. We're moving away from religion at an exponential rate.

And our society is going to shit. Back on topic, I have made no secret about my feelings toward homosexual behavior. There is no way in hell that a gay couple should be allowed to adopt a child, especially a boy. I am not surprised by this incident. This is what happens when perverted people are accepted for fear of offending them. There are some sick bastards in this world.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
You said in the post I quoted that the fact that children are sexually abused in other instances doesn't negate the "existence of a bad precedence"? You're saying that two gay men should never be allowed to adopt a male child. That's ridiculous. One instance of a gay male couple abusing a male child doesn't mean it's always going to happen, or that it's gong to happen a percentage of the time.

I believe homosexuality is a sin, but I'm not going to try to prevent sinners from adopting male children, because that would mean no male children could ever get adopted. And if the children aren't adopted, that's a decidedly higher risk for the types of things we're discussing here. Would you rather the child be sold into slavery?

So no, I'm not ready to declare that two gay men adopting a male child is a horrible thing, especially compared to the alternatives. You can claim it's social or cultural conditioning all you want. I'll call it what it is... critical thinking and refusal to fall into that trap of using the bible to make humans seem subhuman.

Why do you believe it is a sin?

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
I couldn't even read the rest of this shit. Just utterly sick.

My fear is, that the more you and society at large, hears and reads about this shit so much that the result is to become desensitized to it, and eventually it becomes "normal"; and that is clearly their aim.
Not really sure how the managed to make fag-gotry normal i will never understand, but you have to be impressed with what control of the propaganda machine can get you.

Top Bottom