Reaction score
During yesterday's press conference, a member of the media noted that Garrett was being more honest/forthright during the press conferences lately ... and less evasive.

I think it is true. I've been listening to Garrett's press conferences regularly since training camp and they are more informative than they used to be. There is much less of the mindless optimism speak that were a staple of Garrett's press conferences during previous years.

Just an observation.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
It does make it tougher for the radio Fake Jason Garrett to be accurate.

Less stacking, process and Dallas Football Cowboys.

Reaction score
Depressive realism. He has found out how mortal his coaching career with the Cowboys is, and even more eye-opening to him (IMO) has been that his "genius", "his system", his "playcalling" and his coaching in general are not good enough. He has a high opinion of himself and the results and demotions are in direct contradiction of his methods. All he has left is just frank expression like he has been doing at press conferences.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Excellent take, Omega. :like

Really, even I can admit he seems better this year. Not sure why he was ever such a robotic cliche machine before. It's almost like for all his famed polish and education, he was nervous or uncomfortable in front of the media which made him default to the pet phrases like the aforementioned Dallas Football Cowboys, "really, really", and "ball plays". :WTF

He does seem better as a walk-around head coach. Too bad his ego wouldn't let this happen before. Good on Jerry for forcing the move.

Top Bottom