NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
Running back Felix Jones started training camp by failing the conditioning test and still seems to be rounding himself into form after two preseason games.

He doesn’t seem to have the same burst of past years and has dropped passes in each of the first two games.

Coach Jason Garrett said Jones is still trying to get in football shape after missing the entire offseason with shoulder surgery.

“I think he’s still getting there,” coach Jason Garrett said. “The thing to remember about Felix is he wasn’t there in the offseason program very much because of his shoulder surgery. It’s less about the conditioning test and more about coming back from the injury off the field and away from your team for so much of the offseason. He has to continue to play, practice hard and get himself in physical shape to play football.”

Garrett said he is not too worried about the dropped passes because they know Jones has good hands. But there is no excuse for the drops on screens and flares out of the backfield.

“We have to be able to throw and catch,” Garrett said. “We have to make the makeable plays on a consistent basis, certainly the veteran players we are counting on.”

Clarence Hill

JonJon

Spectator
Reaction score
This is somewhat comforting about Felix. I was beginning to wonder if he had just lost his heart and desire. It makes sense to hear hat he just isn't in game shape yet. I hope he gets there soon because we will need his explosiveness.

Top Bottom