SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Just saw this on twitter,looking for the presser where Jones said this.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Unless it's a contract extenison, in which case I'm out, don't worry about it.

Jerry still thinks we are a contender. He is not going to say anything now that makes it look like Garrett is a lame duck.

Playoff win or else. Trust me

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
If you hate the Cowboys, you gotta hope that Jerry lives forever.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Home > Sports > Cowboys > Cowboys Headlines

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones: Coach Jason Garrett will return in 2014

UHUH.JPG
Vernon Bryant/Staff Photographer​
Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones listens to Dallas Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett as they make there way to the stage before the annual state of the Cowboys news conference at training camp in Oxnard, California on July 20, 2013.

BRANDON GEORGE
Staff Writer
bgeorge@dallasnews.com
[

IRVING — Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Thursday that Jason Garrett isn’t coaching for his job this season and will be back in 2014 no matter how the team finishes in its last six games.The Cowboys are 5-5 and one-half game behind the Philadelphia Eagles for first place in the NFC East. Garrett is 26-24 as the Cowboys head coach since taking over midway through the 2010 season.The Cowboys have finished 8-8 in back-to-back seasons and haven’t made the playoffs since 2009. Many believed that if Garrett didn’t get the Cowboys in the playoffs this season he wouldn’t return as head coach.​
More details to come.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Look for an empty stadium next year, Jerry.

If Garrett isn't fired after week 17 then I will quit. I'm not joking.

Last edited:

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The only thing that I'm now concerned about is if the backdoor negotiating that was supposedly happening since last year with Gruden came to an end, for example, Gruden and Jerry can not agree to how much say Jerry will or won't have, then maybe this is Jerry moving on. In which case, we are uberscrewed.

Reaction score
I think it's hillarious dipshit Jerry is having to address this already.

If the bottom falls out, the pressure will mount.

He could be singing another tune come January.

Lets go losses.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It's not that (an Armageddon year) for Jason, and I'm disappointed that we don't have a better record,” Jones said. “But he has got us in position to win the division and got a team here that I firmly believe has the ability to be one of the better-playing teams at the end and in position to get in the playoffs. We see logically how to get in the playoffs, we have that, for all practical purposes, in our control. Now that's a pretty good spot to be in after 10 games. And so a lot of this story is to be played out. It does not have a bearing on whether or not he will be our coach next year
:towel

He did such a great job to get us to .500, guyz!

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
Like it matters. Coaching isn't the problem, the goofball hiring the coaches is.
No matter who he brings in to replace Garrett, if he does, he's still going to force one of his buddies as assistant of some sort on the new guy. He probably calls his method a 'filos'erfee' and explains it to whomever he hires for the job. They know he doles out cash and they get a nice pay day, so all they have to do is nod, accept his ham-handed filoserfee and ride off a few years later rich(er) men.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Home > Sports > Cowboys > Cowboys Headlines

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones: Coach Jason Garrett will return in 2014

UHUH.JPG
Vernon Bryant/Staff Photographer​
Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones listens to Dallas Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett as they make there way to the stage before the annual state of the Cowboys news conference at training camp in Oxnard, California on July 20, 2013.

BRANDON GEORGE
Staff Writer
bgeorge@dallasnews.com
[

IRVING — Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Thursday that Jason Garrett isn’t coaching for his job this season and will be back in 2014 no matter how the team finishes in its last six games.The Cowboys are 5-5 and one-half game behind the Philadelphia Eagles for first place in the NFC East. Garrett is 26-24 as the Cowboys head coach since taking over midway through the 2010 season.The Cowboys have finished 8-8 in back-to-back seasons and haven’t made the playoffs since 2009. Many believed that if Garrett didn’t get the Cowboys in the playoffs this season he wouldn’t return as head coach.​
More details to come.

Didn't he say something of the effect with Wade? What do you expect Jerry to say?

Reaction score
Although I am very happy and proud to be a new Carolina Panthers fan, I'm experiencing some survivor's guilt after reading this thread.

How and why is it that I managed to escape the madness when so many of my internet buddies couldn't?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Well I for one thought that if things really got bad enough -- like the way they're headed -- Jerry would at least hire a new coach.

If it's true that we can suck and Garrett still be the coach next year, I'm probably going to be done, too. The only fun then would be watching Jerry catch hell.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well I for one thought that if things really got bad enough -- like the way they're headed -- Jerry would at least hire a new coach.

If it's true that we can suck and Garrett still be the coach next year, I'm probably going to be done, too. The only fun then would be watching Jerry catch hell.

He'd have to answer for his justification of firing Wade and keeping Garrett.

Top Bottom