Reaction score
What Josh Brent did really screwed us.

He looked like a beast NT that we desperately needed. Especially with Jay Ratliff being old and brittle now.

Dline is a position of weakness for us anyways. Losing Brent takes away one of our few young bright spots.

Lissemore has played NT, but from all accounts, he's better served at end.

Other than that, all we have is Callaway.

Anyone thing NT moves to our #1 priority come draft day? There's a number of good ones in the first round.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Couple of good ones this year..Star, Jesse Williams, John Jenkins.

Free agency? not much available.

Reaction score
Are there any in the mid to later rounds worth consideration?

I want either Warmack or Cooper in rd1.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
this is actually the guy I want.. Midswat should be familiar with him...

Daniel McCullers DT Tennessee 6-6 377
tenn.jpg

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Beast? Let's not get carried away. He was an adequate rotation guy.

Reaction score
Beast? Let's not get carried away. He was an adequate rotation guy.

I disagree.

First off... he was rarely in a rotation on account of Ratliff/Lissemore being injured.

Second, he was very disruptive.

Was he all-world? No.. but he was one of our better young defenders.

Reaction score
http://walterfootball.com/draft2013NT.php

Daniel McCullers*, DT, Tennessee
Height: 6-8. Weight: 360.
Projected 40 Time: 5.45.
Projected Round (2012): 3-5.
11/17/12: The mammoth McCullers has been a presence for Tennessee. He had a good game against Florida with three tackles and a tackle for a loss. McCullers also had some pass pressure versus the Gators. He's totaled 36 tackles, 4.5 tackles for a loss, a pass broken up, a forced fumble and a blocked kick this season. McCullers is still raw, but he could turn into something special.

The junior probably would be better off playing four years in college before going pro. McCullers started out his college career at Georgia Military College. He had 37 tackles, nine tackles for a loss and two sacks there last year. McCullers had 27 tackles, four tackles for a loss and a forced fumble in 2010.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I disagree.

First off... he was rarely in a rotation on account of Ratliff/Lissemore being injured.

Second, he was very disruptive.

Was he all-world? No.. but he was one of our better young defenders.

When? Recently? He's been on the team for like three years. I wouldn't be surprised if that forced turnover the other night was his first.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Brent did look like a big dope anyway.

We need a big 330 lb NT if we want to stay in the 3-4. Ratliff can't handle it anymore. It's been obvious for 2 seasons now.

VAcowboy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Brent did look like a big dope anyway.

We need a big 330 lb NT if we want to stay in the 3-4. Ratliff can't handle it anymore. It's been obvious for 2 seasons now.

But, but...

Ratliff is quick! Ratliff is an All Pro NT! Ratliff doesn't WANT to play another position!

Top Bottom