Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
It's nothign special, it's called G1 Jockey 4 2008, a few years old, but whatever.

Now, if the Japs ever consider bringing their "Winning Post" franchise to the U.S., lookout, that game is badass. I'd be in a league for that game in a heart beat.

Not sure why I posted this, as far as I know Sbk is the only other guy here that gives a shit about horse racing.

C

Cr122

It's nothign special, it's called G1 Jockey 4 2008, a few years old, but whatever.

Now, if the Japs ever consider bringing their "Winning Post" franchise to the U.S., lookout, that game is badass. I'd be in a league for that game in a heart beat.

Not sure why I posted this, as far as I know Sbk is the only other guy here that gives a shit about horse racing.
:awkward

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I doubt G1 has online play, I may be wrong, but Winning post has it for sure.

sbk92

Reaction score
I joined a virtual league one time but didn't want to spend the money needed to really develop your horse into a contender.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I joined a virtual league one time but didn't want to spend the money needed to really develop your horse into a contender.

Yeah, same here. I messed with it for a week or so and just never went back. I still get emails from them threatening to delete my stable.

My horses have to be dead by now, I haven't fed or watered them in a year.

C

Cr122

Yeah, same here. I messed with it for a week or so and just never went back. I still get emails from them threatening to delete my stable.

My horses have to be dead by now, I haven't fed or watered them in a year.

lol

C

Cr122

Here's a video on G1 4 Jockey 2008

[video=youtube;YWzgiuuSQrE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWzgiuuSQrE[/video]

C

Cr122

Can we get it in English? lol This is Winning post.

[video=youtube;h9ytONDXXZc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9ytONDXXZc&feature=related[/video]

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
There are no plans to do winning post in engrish. I found a message board that was devoted to swaying the Japanese to do so. No luck. There were guys that promised to buy 10 copies of the game if the Japs would change the language.

I told them it would be cheaper to get Phil to translate for us.

C

Cr122

There are no plans to do winning post in engrish. I found a message board that was devoted to swaying the Japanese to do so. No luck. There were guys that promised to buy 10 copies of the game if the Japs would change the language.

I told them it would be cheaper to get Phil to translate for us.

lol I was thinking of the same thing, sorry Phil.

You still the man.

sbk92

Reaction score
I wouldn't be able to tolerate the running the wrong way thing.

F that. Race cars and race horses turn left.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
The running the wrong way is when you race over seas, at least that was the case with Breeders Cup on PS2, same with Gallop Racer and the G1 franchise on PS2.

I agree, racing the wrong way is Dumb, it. is. sooo. Dumb.

I only tolerate Australia doing it.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score

Was it Horseracingpark.com?

I just joined there. You can actually win real money with this one. They give you 3 horses to start out, then you can claim other horses out of claiming races and buy others from auctions.

Seems like it could get a little expensive if you don't know how to read a racing form or how to train a horse.

I'll update the thread as I go.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
This online horse racing game is insane. It blows away OLR.com.

I just put in two claims for tomorrows races. It's all deals with real money.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I was messing around browsing some grade I races that are coming up when I somehow clicked my way through several links to find a Horse that nearly won the "Triple Crown". This horse won the KYDerby by a head, lost the PK by a nose, then won the Bel by 9 lengths.

If that horse wins the preakness instead of getting beat by a nose, his owner/trainer would have got $35,000 as a bonus for winning what they call the "TC". I would be a sick son of a bitch.

It's obviously luck of the draw to get a horse of that caliber, but the horse went from winning a $40 maiden race to winning a $150 allowance, iirc, to popping off a string of graded1 ,2, and 3 race wins. All the way to entering and winning 2 or the 3 "TC" race legs.

That's luck right there. It's like the owner that buys a $12,000 horse at auction as a yearling and wins the Kentucky Derby with it as a 3 year old.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Just got an email a few hours ago that said it shipped. Originally it wasn't supposed to get to me until the 6th, hopefully I'll get it before Friday.

C

Cr122

Just got an email a few hours ago that said it shipped. Originally it wasn't supposed to get to me until the 6th, hopefully I'll get it before Friday.

Is that the one with online play, if so let me know how it is and I will pick up a copy.

Top Bottom