sbk92

Reaction score
ESPN.com news services

The NFL has offered money, tickets, merchandise and more to roughly 400 fans who had to give up their seats at the Super Bowl. It might not be enough.

Approximately 1,000 fans sued the NFL, the Cowboys and owner Jerry Jones on Wednesday saying they were deceived by not getting seats or received inadequate seats. The federal lawsuit, filed in Dallas, alleges breach of contract, fraud and deceptive sales practices.

"We think that this is a pretty straightforward matter," said Michael Avenatti of Eagan Avenatti which is representing the fans, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "People did not obtain what they were told they were going to get."

The lawsuit seeks $5 million in actual damages for the plaintiffs -- but that number can be tripled under the state's trade law -- and unspecified punitive damages, according to Bloomberg.

About 1,250 fans were displaced after some temporary seating sections were not completed in time at Cowboys Stadium on Sunday in Arlington, Texas. Other seating was found for 850 fans, but 400 were forced to watch the game on monitors or use standing-room platforms.

The league initially said Monday those fans would get $2,400 -- three times the face value of the ticket -- and tickets to next season's Super Bowl. The fans also were allowed on the field after the game and given merchandise and food.

On Tuesday, the NFL added a second option: They can choose to attend any future Super Bowl instead of being limited to the 2012 game and receive round-trip airfare and hotel accommodations. If fans choose that option, they will not get the $2,400. They can wait until after the conference championship games each season to see whether their favorite team reaches the Super Bowl.

If fans choose the first option of next year's game plus the $2,400, the ticket is transferable, which means it can be sold on the secondary ticket market. It won't be transferable in the other option.

Some fans who were moved want compensation as well. Mike Dolabi said that when he paid for his seat license at Cowboys Stadium, he was promised "the best sightlines in the stadium" for the Super Bowl, according to Bloomberg.

Instead, some fans received "temporary metal fold-out chairs" in an attempt to break the Super Bowl attendance record, according to the complaint.

"The NFL and Jerry Jones sold something to fans they weren't able to deliver, and they knew they weren't able to deliver it," Avenatti said, according to Bloomberg.

The Green Bay Packers beat the Pittsburgh Steelers 31-25 on Sunday.

The NFL said it is working with the Packers, Steelers and Cowboys to track down all of the affected fans. Contact information can be e-mailed to SBXLV@nfl.com.

sbk92

Reaction score
LOL. I don't know why you are waving the towel. Jerry is blameless in this mess. This is all the NFL's doing. They took over the stadium. The fan is reaching.

Stress.

It's a killer.

I'm for anything that may increase his stress level.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jerry lovers saying this is the NFL's fault... nice try. The NFL is now saying that the Cowboys knew about this and should have had the seats inspected ahead of time. Jerry may or may not end up being responsible but one thing is for sure. The NFL will not be giving Jerry a Superbowl again, anytime soon.

sbk92

Reaction score
Jerry may or may not end up being responsible but one thing is for sure. The NFL will not be giving Jerry a Superbowl again, anytime soon.

Sure they will.

For the simple reason that they'll make more money than they can make in a smaller venue.

Plymkr

Reaction score
This is stupid.

The NFL offered the money back, even triple the value. Take it and shut up. The lawsuit is just bullshit greed. Nobody put a gun to these cocksuckers heads to buy the overpriced tickets. Anyone who bought those tickets are stupid in the first place..

$5 Million? insane.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
Some fans who were moved want compensation as well. Mike Dolabi said that when he paid for his seat license at Cowboys Stadium, he was promised "the best sightlines in the stadium" for the Super Bowl, according to Bloomberg.

Thats your fault dumbass. You buy a ticket / seat license sight unseen without knowing where your sitting. Before I drop a dime or turn over my credit card numbers I'm going to know where my ass is going to be planted especially for that type of money. I'd rather stay home than sit in a stadium where I need a telescope and bag of pigeon food to feed the pigeons roosting on my shoulders. But that's just me.........

As soon as this happened you knew dollar signs appeared in some of those ticket holders eyes as well as some money hungry lawyers. The compensation offers seem more than fair. Only thing the NFL may want to add is travel expense for the Dallas trip( flight/hotel) on top of whats being offered. That would really be going above and beyond. Anything else....GTFO.

sbk92

Reaction score
Thats your fault dumbass. You buy a ticket / seat license sight unseen without knowing where your sitting. Before I drop a dime or turn over my credit card numbers I'm going to know where my ass is going to be planted especially for that type of money. I'd rather stay home than sit in a stadium where I need a telescope and bag of pigeon food to feed the pigeons roosting on my shoulders. But that's just me.........

As soon as this happened you knew dollar signs appeared in some of those ticket holders eyes as well as some money hungry lawyers. The compensation offers seem more than fair. Only thing the NFL may want to add is travel expense for the Dallas trip( flight/hotel) on top of whats being offered. That would really be going above and beyond. Anything else....GTFO.

Definitely. You have to assume that was going to happen. It doesn't matter that they are actually making out on the situation. They want more.

They'll probably get it too.

sbk92

Reaction score
Descendant of Packers' first president: Jerry Jones should never host a Super Bowl

Associated Press

A granddaughter of the first president of the Green Bay Packers says she was among the 400 ticketholders forced to watch the Super Bowl from standing-room spots in Cowboys Stadium because their seats weren't safe.

In a letter sent to the NFL, which she provided to The Associated Press, Peggy Beisel-McIlwaine says Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones should never be allowed to host another Super Bowl. She called her experience a "total disaster."

Beisel-McIlwaine tells the AP she received a call Wednesday from the NFL, and will be going to the league office Friday to meet with a person who is handling her situation.

Beisel-McIlwaine's grandfather was Andrew Blair Turnbull, the Packers' first president and a member of the team's Hall of Fame.

Reaction score
Your grandfather accomplished something, but your voice holds no weight over anyone elses.

That said, I'm kind of glad there is all this drama surrounding the Super Bowl. Maybe it'll keep Jerry busy, and away from microphones for a while.

Top Bottom