Reaction score
OXNARD, Calif. — Former Los Angeles Dodgers manager Tommy Lasorda visited Dallas Cowboys training camp practice Tuesday for the second consecutive year. He again addressed the team.

“When I talk to them, I don’t lollipop them. I get on them good. No sir, if you want me to talk to the team they’re going to hear from me,” Lasorda said. “I said, ‘You guys from this date until next year, I will probably speak to a million people. If you’re not in the Super Bowl, I’m going to tell a million people how lousy you guys are.’”

Lasorda said the Cowboys should have been in the Super Bowl last year. Instead, their season ended two rounds deep in the playoffs at Green Bay after a controversial non-catch call going against receive Dez Bryant.

“That’s one of the greatest catches I’ve ever seen,” Lasorda said. “Yeah, definitely got robbed. Can’t do anything about it, I guess.”

Lasorda said he believes the Cowboys will be better in 2015, and even said he liked the fights they had in their practice Tuesday against the Rams.

Lasorda also thinks highly of Cowboys coach Jason Garrett. Lasorda said he first met Garrett last year when he came to a Dodgers game and sat with him in the owner’s box.

“I found out that he was such an outstanding guy,” Lasorda said. “I knew if he’s coaching here he’s going to be walking a tightwire here, and I wanted to get him settled in where he got a good [long-term] contract and it happened just the way I wanted to see it happen. He’s a great guy, one of the nicest guys I’ve ever met. I just took the coach and became a very good friend of his and I wanted to see him be here more than one year.”

Ex-Dodgers skipper Tommy Lasorda adds a threat to his speech to the Cowboys | | Dallas Morning News

Ex LA Dodgers manager Tommy Lasorda liked fights at Cowboys camp: "That fight was a good indication that they mean business. That’s good."

Brandon George on Twitter: "Ex LA Dodgers manager Tommy Lasorda liked fights at Cowboys camp: "That fight was a good indication that they mean business. That’s good.""

CMu69uWVAAABjXT.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Garrett is admired and respected by quite a few legendary coaches

we're in good hands

Top Bottom