bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
Escobar blames himself for not giving Romo better target on interception

Gavin Escobar said he should have given Tony Romo a better target on the interception that cost the Cowboys.

Romo tried to hit the rookie tight end on a seam route, but Broncos linebacker Danny Trevethan turned it into a turnover for the game-winning field goal. Escobar blamed himself for not running a better route, though Romo said he didn’t get enough on the ball because of pressure.

“I probably should’ve flattened it off more, be more friendly to the quarterback,” Escobar said. “…When I saw it coming out, I was trying to break it up. It was a seam route. I was trying to get over to the other side. I should’ve flattened it off more.”

Escobar caught a pass for 25 yards in the first quarter on the same route.

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett credited the defense.

"I think he probably felt like he could get the ball in there," Garrett said of Romo. "Again, in that situation, they made a good play. That was the difference-making play in the game."

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com...#storylink=cpy

Reaction score
There was nothing you could've done, Pablo.

It's in Tonys nature to make those throws in critical situations.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
On the most important drive of the day Romo believed the tripled covered rookie was the best option when two other guys were wide open. Fucking Cowboys.

Go Chiefs!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Maybe he should have just pushed the Bronco defenders out of the way, kinda like the two hand shove the Bronco defender did to Witten (ignored by refs staring right at play)

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh God. Witten did the same thing when Tony threw that braindead interception in Pittsburgh a few years ago.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Maybe he should have just pushed the Bronco defenders out of the way, kinda like the two hand shove the Bronco defender did to Witten (ignored by refs staring right at play)

No that would have been called.

Top Bottom