JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Is a topic on Egypt allowed? I find what is happening over there and how different countries are responding fascinating and illuminating.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
If I went down to the mall and asked 100 adults to find Egypt on a map, how many would succeed?

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
I think we should adopt their fashion code for the ladies here if the are over 160lbs. That was the main thing I wanted to hit on.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
I find it interesting that we backed the Brotherhood (a known terrorist organization), but now we will not back a more reasonable regime. The spin the news has placed on this topic is almost as bad as the Trayvon fiasco. The military has offered to rebuild the Christian churches the fanatics burned, which is a great move in my opinion. The fact that Israel is open to the new regime also speaks volumes to me.

I am having trouble understanding why we are reluctant to back the moderates.

PS. Try to keep this clean. I am really interested in what some others think. Particularly those from other countries.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I've been watching the war in Syria for the past few years since the uprising began. I understand that Syria was a major player in terrorism in the Iraq War, such as letting terrorists fly into their airports, allowing them pour over their border into Iraq, and then financing them. But it's a secular regime and we're supplying and financing these Islamic extremists who are fighting them. It's more like sending them into a meat grinder, but we're still helping people who we actually fight in other countries. Once Syria falls, and it's looking like the regime has got the upper hand right now, then Iran will be bombed. We're just making sure Syria gets destroyed first and letting them kill terrorists for us, that we sponsor.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It's because "we support democracy always" doesn't work. Sometimes unfriendlies are elected, like this time.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
I am not sure they were elected. I know what the vote total was, but middle east elections are rigged worse than ours.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
I know 75 percent of the country identifies itself as conservative or moderate and only 21% self identify as liberal yet the votes do not reflect that. I believe election fraud is a far bigger issue than most believe it is. There is a reason certain people will fight to the death in order to not show an ID when they vote. Just my two cents.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I know 75 percent of the country identifies itself as conservative or moderate and only 21% self identify as liberal yet the votes do not reflect that. I believe election fraud is a far bigger issue than most believe it is. There is a reason certain people will fight to the death in order to not show an ID when they vote. Just my two cents.

One group is for getting votes at any cost at the expense of taxpayers and society.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
[video=youtube;b9N3tIlEJNc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9N3tIlEJNc[/video]

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
An Egyptian court has ordered that former President Hosni Mubarak be released from custody while he awaits a retrial on charges related to the killing of protesters during the 2011 protests that led to the toppling of his government, NPR's Peter Kenyon reports from Cairo.

Peter adds that even though that case and others related to corruption charges are still active, Mubarak's release would "likely spark anxiety that the military-backed government now in charge is returning Egypt to the authoritarian state it was in before the Arab Spring.

:lol

Still thinking that characterizing it with flowery language will prohibit people from seeing it for what it is. I think he means before it was open season on Christians and the only people facing crack-down were violent extremists and rapists.

Link

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
The Arabs have had many springs. The only thing that changes is the list of those they want to kill. They act like the Brotherhood is a bunch of benevolent caring people that are respectful of everyone's rights and beliefs.

Top Bottom