Reaction score
Anyone read it?

I just got it yesterday and cracked it open. Doesn't seem to have any real flow to it, just a bunch of random stories from the time Eatman has been with the team. Each story is about a two or so pages long, and some are mildly entertaining. However, I have to say, his writing style just kind of strikes me as annoying.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Thought about getting that once. Glad you posted this so I can save my money.

Reaction score
Interesting story in there, imo.... regarding 2003 draft. We had a first round grade on Witten. It came time for our 2nd round pick and the team was arguing over Al Johnson or Jason Witten. Parcells said to stop arguing over the individual players and look at the respective positions in the draft: which position was deeper so we could likely get a quality player in the third. Team decided tight end was the deeper position. Hence we took Al Johnson. When we got on the clock in the third, San Fran called and offered their 3rd, 4th, and 5th. Jerry asked who they wanted and they said Witten, Jerry said no and hung up the phone. We took Witten.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I've also heard Broaddus give Parcells the credit for Witten. Said Bill pretty much stayed out of things that first draft because he hadn't been there long enough to influence things yet, but he really wanted Witten from the start and when he was still there in the third, he "stood on the table" for him.

But how lame does your operation have to not realize something as basic as taking the more shallow position before the deeper one? But it took Parcells pointing that out for them to see it?

Reaction score
Well the book also claims that the team wanted to draft Romo in the 7th, but Parcells was pouting because we went the whole draft to that point without taking an offensive lineman, so the team took Justin Bates instead.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Bobby Carpenter, Al Johnson, Jacob Rogers

Some winners there for sure.

Top Bottom