C

Cr122

Eagles Trade For Veteran Running Back
The competition at Lehigh just got tougher as the Philadelphia Eagles training camp at Lehigh, with the team trading a linebacker for a veteran running back.

The Eagles sent backup middle linebacker Joe Mays to Denver for veteran running back J.J. Arrington.

The team will get a draft pick from Denver if Arrington isn't on the opening day roster.

Arrington, 27, didn't play for Denver last season as he recovered from a knee injury.

The speculation in Denver is the Broncos sent Arrington to Philadelphia to free up a roster spot for former Eagles' star Brian Westbrook.

Arrington and Westbrook have similar playing styles, and Arrington will battle former CFL star Martell Mallett and Eldra Buckley for a spot on the Eagles.

Mays struggled last season playing for the injured Stewart Bradley, and his trade means veteran Omar Gaither and rookie Jamar Chaney will play behind Bradley.

Chaney is also playing at outside linebacker and the odds went up greatly of him making the Eagles' team with the trade of Mays.

The Eagles said Arrington still has to pass a physical and they will get a 6th round pick as compensation if Arrington can't play.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
If JJ Arrington ever had a prime, I have a vagina, and if I have a vagina it's the longest one you've ever seen.

Reaction score
If JJ and Westbrook have similar playing styles . . . why would you trade the younger guy to sign the older, injury prone one?

C

Cr122

If JJ and Westbrook have similar playing styles . . . why would you trade the younger guy to sign the older, injury prone one?

Yeah I didn't get that either, they must know something we don't.

Top Bottom