How would you manage the first based on the situation provided?

• Trade down slightly for a fourth rounder (who would you hope to be avail in mid teens?)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DoomsdayDefense

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Lets say the draft unfolds like our recent site mock did. Here's the first 13 selections:

1. Indianapolis Colts - Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
2. St. Louis Rams - Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
3. Minnesota Vikings - Matt Kalil, OT, USC
4. Cleveland Browns- Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
5. Tampa Bay Bucs - Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
6. Washington Redskins - Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
7. Jacksonville Jaguars - Alshon Jeffrey, WR, South Carolina
8. Carolina Panthers - Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina
9. Miami Dolphins - Jonathan Martin, OT: Stanford
10. Buffalo Bills - Melvin Ingram, OLB, South Carolina
11. Kansas City Chiefs - Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
12. Seattle Seahawks - Luke Kuechly, ILB, BC
13. Arizona Cardinals - David DeCastro, G, Stanford

The Cowboys are on the clock.

Courtney Upshaw, Dre Kirkpatrick, Alfonso Denard, Donte Hightower, Peter Konz are all still available.

A team in the late teens (17-20) calls and offers you a 4th rounder to move up.

A team in the mid 20's (23-26) calls and offers you a 2nd rounder to move up.

What are you going to do?

Reaction score
I like the thread idea, but it's too early to accurately answer this. You never know who will emerge in the draft process.

It'd be interesting to do this now, and then ask again two weeks out from the draft. See how people's perspectives change.

But to answer the question today, I'd stay pat and draft the best player available - which after last night, seems to be Courtney Upshaw.

Reaction score
Right now, the Bama trio in this order: Courtney Upshaw, Dre Kirkpatrick, Donte Hightower. I think 14 is too high for Konz and don't want Dennard.

And I wouldn't trade down just for a 4th, or want to drop into the 20's. If we could move to the late teens for more than a 4th I'd consider it if our top options are gone. But I think there's going to be enough quality available when we our on the board to warrant staying put.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The Cowboys would not have to trade down to the 20s to get a 2nd rounder. They could trade down a few slots to maybe the 15-16 and still get a 2nd.

Reaction score
Kirkpatric is my pick at 14. Secondary needs help big time and hes seemed pretty elite in the National Championship and on the nations number 1 defense....

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I want to see Kirkpatrick at the Combine. He seems too stiff so I want to see him in the DB drills and the 3-cone.

In your scenario, I take Upshaw. The only thing is by draft time, we could have either re-signed Spencer or another OLB in Free Agency.

Reaction score
I will take Kirkpatrick.

One guy that really caught my eye last night is Mingo. He fills out and can keep that speed, money.

C

Cr122

Hate to be a corner whore, but Kirkpatrick would be my pick in that scenario.

Top Bottom