Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
That still doesn't mean they did their homework.

They did not have him visit the facility. Nor did they send much to his pro day.

They did not go to the level of having him fully vetted as they have done other first rounders.

That is retarded when you mortgage the upper end of a draft for the player.

Exactly.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Plus, it's been proven you can find good corners later in the draft, this was a big mistake but of course Jerry will never admit that.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Jerry was the Jacksonville GM from Draft Day. "What's wrong with him Sonny? Tell me what I'm missing". Jeff Fisher was probably like " We love him. We think he's Deion Sanders. It would take an awful lot to get us to move off him." Good job Jerry.
:lol

Sounds about right. Jerry fell for the banana in the tailpipe.

Reaction score
I think he is a bust. Most GMs would lose their jobs over that draft pick.
Exactly... especially when the scouting department (directed by the GM) didn't do their due diligence on a prospect. What owner in the world would be willing to give a GM with such a dysfunctional system any more rope?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Exactly... especially when the scouting department (directed by the GM) didn't do their due diligence on a prospect. What owner in the world would be willing to give a GM with such a dysfunctional system any more rope?

we had his fantastic Wonderlic score. what more did we need?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Claiborne was not perceived as a first-round draft pick prior to his junior season.[7][8][9] By midseason, however, he had drawn the attention of NFL scouts and analysts, having erased concerns his sophomore production resulted from playing opposite of Patrick Peterson.[10][11] Towards the end of his junior season, Claiborne had established himself as the No. 1 cornerback prospect for the 2012 NFL Draft, unanimously projected as a top-6 selection.[12][13][14] Claiborne scored a 4 out of 50 on the Wonderlic Test, which is an aptitude test given to NFL prospects to test basic intelligence.[15] After being drafted, Claiborne admitted he "blew the test off" (the Wonderlic test) after seeing that it had "nothing on the test that came with football".[16]

Coming into the NFL draft, Claiborne was predicted to be drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at the number 5 pick overall or even the 4th overall pick to the Minnesota Vikings. The first day of the NFL draft was held on April 26, 2012. On the first day of the draft, the Buccaneers traded out of the 5th pick to the 7th pick with the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Jaguars selected Oklahoma State University wide-receiver Justin Blackmon with their newly acquired 5th overall pick. The Cowboys then traded with the St. Louis Rams (who had expressed their desire to trade out of the 6th pick in order to collect more draft picks) for the 6th pick, and selected Claiborne ahead of the Buccaneers. The St. Louis Rams received the Cowboys' 2012 first and second round selections (14th and 45th overall) while the Cowboys received the 2012 first round selection (6th overall). Buccaneers drafted safety Mark Barron with the 7th overall pick.

Dallas Cowboys owner and G.M. Jerry Jones explained after Claiborne was selected that Claiborne was the only player the Dallas Cowboys would trade up for in the 2012 NFL Draft, but considered it a far fetched idea because Claiborne was ranked as a top 5 player in the draft with the Cowboys picking 14th overall. Claiborne was ranked number 2 in the Dallas Draft board right after number 1 pick Andrew Luck.[17][18][19]

Reaction score
They need to invest in sportsvu a camera that tracks player movement throughout a game It'll sHow you this nigga was stiff as hell. It would eliminate the aspect where his pass rush saves Him Form Exposure In college

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
I remember watching Mo play at LSU and I wasn't impressed at all. I assumed that I was missing something because all of the scouting reports had him rated so high. He was showing flashes of having these problems at the college level that has made him stink in the pros. It was all there for the scouts to see if they were looking. I saw it and I don't consider myself as a DB scouting expert. Booze has brought the point up that Dallas didn't scout him and I agree with him. The bad tackling was easy to see and he didn't have many opportunities to defend the pass that would show his coverage skills. It was just a poor job scouting and a bad pick by the GM.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
The best on the zone is when someone says "so - and - so sucks, let's trade him for a 1st!"

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
:lol

We would be lucky to get a seventh for this turd.

He's reached Bobby Carpenter level bad and now has an attitude on top of it.

Who the hell wants a thin skinned bitch like this playing CB for your team? Seriously.

Look at see what other first round busts are around, maybe we could get an even swap.

I would seriously take a conditional 6th that could turn into a 5th round pick due to certain playing incentives for him.

I think we could get that much.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
btw, watch. The Cowboys will make Claiborne the 3rd CB over Sterling Moore because now they feel bad about 'demoting' him.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Hasn't it been clear as day by now that Jerome Henderson is a useless job?

What exactly has he done here? Claiborne and Wilcox are still lost out there. Carr has actually regressed. The fuck?

Good for 2 wins. Haha, good one Hostile.

Top Bottom