NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
DeMarcus Ware says there weren't a lot of mistakes on defense in OTAs, minicamp

The Cowboys’ top defensive player, DeMarcus Ware, summed up the offseason in glowing terms for the defense.

He said the players were aggressive and comfortable with the plan.

“When I think about the defense, from last year to this year, it’s sort of like night and day,” he said Thursday at Cowboys Stadium after the final minicamp practice and the last work of the offseason until training camp. “There weren’t a lot of mistakes we were making. Guys were really aggressive, really comfortable. In the defense, whatever Rob called, we were ready for the situation.

“I feel really good about the defense, how things are progressing. Especially the young guys”

The Cowboys will likely have at least four new starters on the defense in 2012 – safety Brodney Poole, cornerbacks Morris Claiborne and Brandon Carr and inside linebacker Bruce Carter. Defensive end Sean Lissemore might win a job, too.

“I think it was just a great offseason,” Ware said. “There’s a lot of room for improvement, always. But we’ve gotten a lot better.”

Training camp is scheduled to begin with the first practice July 30 in Oxnard, Calif. Ware said it should be competitive defensively.

“Brandon Carr, Claiborne, a lot of the younger linebackers – defensively, it’s a battle out there,” he said. “You can see those guys and the tenacity that they bring. It’s going to be good.”

-- Carlos Mendez

Twitter @calexmendez

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...n-defense-in-otas-minicamp.html#storylink=cpy

Top Bottom