Reaction score
Deion Sanders Jr. hassled at same mall that troubled Dez Bryant
http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/...-at-same-mall-that-trou?urn=highschool-wp3357

By Cameron Smith

Deion Sanders Jr. has plenty of reasons to be recognized in public. After all, he's the son of an NFL Hall of Famer and one of the most famous athletes of the recent generations. That's before you consider the fact that he has become a bit of a notable athlete himself, turning heads as a dual threat quarterback for Flower Mound (Texas) Marcus High.

Flower Mound Marcus quarterback Deion Sanders Jr.

Yet none of that mattered when he was questioned by police at the North Park Center shopping mall … the same mall in which Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant was harrassed for wearing his pants too low.

According to the Dallas Morning News and Sanders Jr.'s Twitter account, the entire episode was sparked by a simple, everyday fast-food purchase: Deion Jr. just wanted some Chick-fil-A.

Unfortunately, when the rising senior went to pay for his meal with a credit card, he was asked to present his driver's license. As it turns out, Sanders had forgotten his ID at home, and the cashiers had a hard time believing he was actually Deion Sanders.

Here's how the prep quarterback chronicled the entire episode on Twitter:

Police at North Park mall tried 2 get me becuz I tried 2 buy chickfila with my card but didnt have my ID. They Said It was card theft or sum.

They thought I stole the card or somethin cuz it said Deion Sanders. I'm like sir I'm not tryna be cocky but you can google me and see ...

Quite understandably, Sanders Jr. said he felt victimized by the entire episode, which left him with a sour taste in his mouth. Tellingly, he seemed to feel that the whole unseemly situation was made worse by the North Park Center security guards, even if one might think they would be a bit more reluctant to accuse famous names of wrongdoing after the Dez Bryant episode.

"Now I see how Dez Bryant felt," Sanders Jr. wrote on his Twitter feed.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Seems pretty routine to me. Especially if you live in an area where a famous namesake used to play and you use a credit card that has his name on it.

Reaction score
According to the Twitter account of Deion Sanders Jr., the Flower Mound Marcus quarterback was involved in a dispute with police at North Park Center in Dallas.

On Wednesday night, his Twitter account described an incident that happened at the trendy North Dallas shopping center: " Police at North Park mall tried 2 get me becuz I tried 2 buy chickfila with my card but didnt have my ID. They Said It was card theft or sum."

The next tweet detailed why the police were questioning his identity: "They thought I stole the card or somethin cuz it said Deion Sanders. I'm like sir I'm not tryna be cocky but you can google me and see..."

When contacted, officials at North Park Center said they were unaware of the incident.

North Park Center was in the news in the spring when Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant felt he was mistreated by security. A tweet on Sanders Jr. indicates he feels his incident was similar. "Now I see how Dez Bryant felt."

Clutch88

Practice Squad
Reaction score
It was one of Dez's friend's pants "sagging" not Dez himself. Good Grief...

Top Bottom