sbk92

Reaction score
My Team. Starting lineup week 1 and my bench....

QB - Joe Flacco
RB - Frank Gore
RB - LeSean McCoy
WR - DeSean Jackson
WR - Roddy White
TE - Zach Miller
W/R - Michael Crabtree
W/R - C.J. Spiller
K - Matt Prater
D - Pittsburgh

Bench
QB Chad Henne
RB Darren Sproles
RB/WR Dexter McCluster
WR Hakeem Nicks
WR Santonio Holmes
WR Mike Wallace
WR Eddie Royal
TE Jermaine Gresham

I took a few chances on some rookies as backups. Spiller starts week 1 but if he's slow out of the gate, I can fill that spot with a WR. I'm loaded there. McCluster's has some potential in a PPR league. Remember, Weis is now running that offense. He figures to get touches. Gresham's a wild card. Big time talent. Could pay off.

I only recently started playing fantasy football again the last couple of years. Was in 5 leagues. 4 wins and a 2nd.

With some luck, it's 5 for 6.

C

Cr122

Here's my squad in draft order.I'm fairly happy w/QB,TE,RB.WR,eh.If it holds true to FF form,my roster will change anyway.

Took a flyer on LT and Mike(Matt Millen drafted me)Williams.I hear Williams has had a great camp.Carroll probably told him he would
get Bush's Heisman.

1. (2) Adrian Peterson RB
2. (19) Tom Brady QB
3. (22) Greg Jennings WR
4. (39) Philip Rivers QB
5. (42) Felix Jones RB
6. (59) Tony Gonzalez TE
7. (62) Ahmad Bradshaw RB
8. (79) Matt Forte RB
9. (82) Austin Collie WR
10. (99) Visanthe Shiancoe TE
11. (102) New Orleans DEF
12. (119) Derrick Mason WR
13. (122) Lee Evans WR
14. (139) LaDainian Tomlinson RB
15. (142) Tim Hightower RB
16. (159) Nate Washington WR
17. (162) Mike Williams WR
18. (179) Robbie Gould K

Good pick with Jennings. I think Bradshaw was picked a little too early, but he'll be better than Fakobs this year.

sbk92

Reaction score
On sbk's draft, I loved 3 picks in the middle to late rounds.

1. Dexter McCluster
2. Eddie Royal(Especially if he can get back to where he was his rookie year)
3. Jermaine Gresham

I took Royal because he's the lead dog now in that offense and McDaniel went on record this offseason that he overlooked Royal in the offense last year. He could be good this year. Somebody has to catch those balls, as McDaniels is all about the passing game.

McCluster and Gresham were just gambles. They could be nothing this year, but the players that were available at that time didn't excite me. You can usually fill your roster during the season off the FA group. So I figured I'd take those two just to see if one of them blows up this year.

C

Cr122

My Team. Starting lineup week 1 and my bench....

QB - Joe Flacco
RB - Frank Gore
RB - LeSean McCoy
WR - DeSean Jackson
WR - Roddy White
TE - Zach Miller
W/R - Michael Crabtree
W/R - C.J. Spiller
K - Matt Prater
D - Pittsburgh

Bench
QB Chad Henne
RB Darren Sproles
RB/WR Dexter McCluster
WR Hakeem Nicks
WR Santonio Holmes
WR Mike Wallace
WR Eddie Royal
TE Jermaine Gresham

I took a few chances on some rookies as backups. Spiller starts week 1 but if he's slow out of the gate, I can fill that spot with a WR. I'm loaded there. McCluster's has some potential in a PPR league. Remember, Weis is now running that offense. He figures to get touches. Gresham's a wild card. Big time talent. Could pay off.

I only recently started playing fantasy football again the last couple of years. Was in 5 leagues. 4 wins and a 2nd.

With some luck, it's 5 for 6.

If it were me I would start Gresham and not Miller, but that's me.

sbk92

Reaction score
If I'm weak anywhere, it's QB.

I went into this draft intending to take what was left at QB. I wanted to load up on WRs. Ideally, I figured I'd might get Rivers. Kolb was more likely, but he went right before I selected one. Ryan would have been my pick but I have him in an NFL.com league, where I also took what was left of the QBs. So I went with Flacco. He's got some nice weapons this year but Baltimore's offense never really lights up the scoreboard. I could regret that pick. Henne as the backup is dicey.

I'm probably going to have to win my games at RB and WR this year.

C

Cr122

I thought I got a steal with Jerome Harrison that late.

Not like I'll need him that much with Ray Rice, Ryan Grant and Ronnie Brown.

sbk92

Reaction score
Alex Smith is a guy who I think COULD have a nice season but I just couldn't bring myself to take him, since he's Alex Smith.

Maybe if the pic wasn't there next to his name it would have been easier.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
In PPR leagues, WR is really the wildcard. I'm kicking myself because I was wanting to draft Welker but I didn't know what his health was like so I passed.

sbk92

Reaction score
In PPR leagues, WR is really the wildcard. I'm kicking myself because I was wanting to draft Welker but I didn't know what his health was like so I passed.

Yeah, Welker's an unknown. If he's back 100%, he's one of the best PPR receivers in football.

C

Cr122

Alex Smith is a guy who I think COULD have a nice season but I just couldn't bring myself to take him, since he's Alex Smith.

Maybe if the pic wasn't there next to his name it would have been easier.

With the 49ers schedule and their poor division they win that division.

I think their offense does well this year.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
RB is the position that I was strong at last year that I'm not this year.

Last year I had Chris Johnson/Frank Gore winning league games for me every week.

Shonn Green and Cedric Benson isn't complete shat, but it's not Johnson/Gore either.

sbk92

Reaction score
If it were me I would start Gresham and not Miller, but that's me.

Zach Miller's a pretty nice player. He's just buried in Oakland where nobody cares.

I'm starting Miller week 1 for two reasons. 1) Gresham's a rookie. 2) Jason Campbell relies on his tight ends, since he can't read defenses and get the ball down the field much. He did it with Cooley and did it again with Fred Davis seamlessly when he took over after Cooley's knee injury.

But that does suck. When you see one of your bench players go off. I had Favre on my bench for that game where he lost his mind and threw for like 400 yards and 5 TDs. With no picks, I don't think. Or maybe 1. Romo was my starter and he played like shat that week.

C

Cr122

I took Johnny Knox because I think he flourishes in Mike Martz system.

I also took Steve Smith(NYG) I believe he'll have a huge year.

sbk92

Reaction score
RB is the position that I was strong at last year that I'm not this year.

Last year I had Chris Johnson/Frank Gore winning league games for me every week.

Shonn Green and Cedric Benson isn't complete shat, but it's not Johnson/Gore either.

I actually was going to take Green. I'm kinda regretting that I didn't. At the last moment I just went with the more known player. But Gore scares me. He gets hurt too much.

Green will be the workhorse back for the team that will run the ball more than any other this year. As they did last year.

I'm thinking 1,200 yards and 12 TDs at the minimum.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I don't know. He's got two diva receivers talking into the QB's ear.

True dat.But,with Henry gone,Palmer may have to look away from the VH1 brothers down in the red zone.Henry caught some

TD's a couple years ago just because TJ and Chad were blanketed.Gresham might ring some up that way,as well.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I stayed away from the Giant WRs, They all were in the mix last year and it was hit and miss with who was the hot player that week. Steve Smith is a 3rd down WR and Eli looks to him quite a bit, so you may have gotten the best of the 3 or 4 wrs on that team when it comes to points.

sbk92

Reaction score
LeSean McCoy is a guy that seems to be underrated. Especially in PPR leagues.

Dude. Westbrook is gone. Philly loves, Loves, LOVES to throw those checkdowns and screens to the backs. It's a point everytime they do, whether they gain anything or not.

Top Bottom