Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just watched the Football life on Aikman and now I’m watching the episode on Emmett Smith

I don’t know how many times I’ve seen these same episodes and I will watch them every time they are on.

And every time they come on I remember how amazing it was to be a Cowboy fan in the 90’s.

Somehow I seem to forget that feeling over time. Watching these shows reminds me of “how sweet it is” or at least was, to be a Cowboy fan!

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just watched the Football life on Aikman and now I’m watching the episode on Emmett Smith

I don’t know how many times I’ve seen these same episodes and I will watch them every time they are on.

And every time they come on I remember how amazing it was to be a Cowboy fan in the 90’s.

Somehow I seem to forget that feeling over time. Watching these shows reminds me of “how sweet it is” or at least was, to be a Cowboy fan!
Thank God for Jimmy Johnson.

Biggems74

Dr. Pepper or Die
Reaction score
1. Staubach
2. Aikman
3. White
4. Romo
5. Dak

1. Emmitt
2. TD
3. Zeke
4. Walker
5. Barber

1. Moose
2. Newhouse

1. Witten
2. Novacek
3. Dupree
4. Ditka
5. Cosbie

1. Irvin
2. Pearson
3. Hill
4. Hayes
5. Dez

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Worst QBs in recent memory (who started at least one game)

Cassell
Weeden
Brad Johnson
Henson
McGee

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
^ Zeke rarely got that kind of space to run through, especially last couple seasons.

I'm excited to see what the subtle changes in the blocking scheme might do for him, along with being far less predictable than Red Goober's offense.

Zeke should catch way more passes (so should Pollard). I’d expect the screen pass to be a regular part of the offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
That's about right. TO had more raw talent than many of those guys, but he didn't play with us long enough to make the list.

He would still make my list.

Irvin
Pearson
Dez
Hayes
Owens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
1. Staubach
2. Aikman
3. White
4. Romo
5. Dak

1. Emmitt
2. TD
3. Zeke
4. Walker
5. Barber

1. Moose
2. Newhouse

1. Witten
2. Novacek
3. Dupree
4. Ditka
5. Cosbie

1. Irvin
2. Pearson
3. Hill
4. Hayes
5. Dez
If you are going to include Ditka who was here like 2 years at TE, then you may as well put Lance Alworth near the top of the WR list. Alworth one of the best to ever play the position and HOFer, won a ring here in 1971. However I dont consider Alworth or Ditka Dallas Cowboys. I dont consider Deion a Cowboy, and really dont consider Hailey a Cowboy.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If you are going to include Ditka who was here like 2 years at TE, then you may as well put Lance Alworth near the top of the WR list. Alworth one of the best to ever play the position and HOFer, won a ring here in 1971. However I dont consider Alworth or Ditka Dallas Cowboys. I dont consider Deion a Cowboy, and really dont consider Hailey a Cowboy.

I'm with you on Ditka and Alworth, neither were all that "great" in their time here (compared to their careers) and as you said, neither were here all that long.

Haley was an integral part of 3 super bowl championship teams and was still in his prime when we traded for him. He was here long enough to be considered a "Cowboy". As much as I dislike Deion the person, he was here 5 yrs, voted all pro 3 times and probably would have been 4 if not for only playing a half season in 1995. I am ok with including both these guys on all-time greats for us.

Top Bottom