dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Well another disappointing loss. Doesnt matter if we play good teams or bad teams. Teams with rookie QB's and RB's.

They do make games exciting though. Amazing comeback yesterday (again). Romo throws for 400+ and 4 tds, with zero picks and we lose because we have arguably the worst defensive staff ever.

1) Amazing performances by Romo and Dez. Too bad they are wasted in a losing effort. What Dez is doing the last half of this season is just awesome. And to think he did what he did yesterday with a badly injuried finger than needs surgery to correct.

2) I dont want to hear about the injuries on defense anymore. Even the least talented defenses in football dont give up 560+ yds and 33 first downs in a game. We've given up 500+ now several times this year. Think about that. The better defenses in the league will give up 300 yards a game (or 4800-5000 per SEASON). We've given up 1500+ in just 3 games or so from our schedule.

3) Brees dropped back 53 times, came close to being sacked maybe once or twice. This is defensive coordinator FAIL

4) I thought Morris Claiborne had a pretty good game. He did give up some completions, however he had fairly tight coverage on most of them and the others came when they had him playing way off in zone coverage (which should almost never happen with him and Carr, but Ryan does it constantly). He forced what should have probably been a game changing turnover with that great strip in OT, only to have NOBODY anywhere near the middle of the field to recover the ball. That ball bounced 15 or so yards downfield, and there were no Cowboy defenders to be seen anywhere.

5) Another fairly solid game by the OL, although Bernadeau was responsible for several bad plays and gave up one of the sacks when he failed to block anybody. Also was partially responsible for a running play that lost 6 yards.

6) Pretty sure that was holding on Hatcher on the opening play of the game. Not sure what the zebras could have been thinking on that one. On another note, the fumble that was reviewed in OT was almost exactly the same play as last week vs Pittsburgh. Both were ruled fumbles on the field, but someohow the refs decided last weeks wasnt a fumble and this weeks was. Wonder why that was?

7) Not really Cowboy related here, but how can anyone not be impressed with Seatle, Washington and Indianapolis, especially Seattle. They've scored 150 pts in their last 3 games, and have absolutely destroyed their last 3 opponents. With a rookie middle round pick running the offense. On Washington, I do think they'll handle us with relative ease next Sunday night and win the division. The Colts made the playoffs and won double digit games despite being 1-15 last year and losing their HC to cancer for most of this year. Kudos to those teams.

8) In terms of our future, we need to upgrade two OL spots and find another backup RB on offense. Otherwise I think we ae in good shape there. On defense, they need to overhaus the staff, find two new starting safeties, probably anpther DL or two and add another pass rusher (even if they keep Spencer). At least we do have a sensational kicker in place on ST, Bailey might be the best kicker this franchise has EVER had.

9) Dwayne Harris had a couple of rough moments on ST early in the game, but in the 4th qtr he had a couple of nice offensive plays (including his first receiving TD) and a great punt return late to help set up another TD drive.

10) Not sure anyone had noticed (I hadnt) but FB Shaun Chapas was signed off our practice squad and now starts for Detroit.

I hope we pull it our next Sunday night, but unless Washington just plays really poorly I dont see how we win with this defense. Even if we did somehow win, playing Seattle in the first round would be a disaster for us I think.

Reaction score
Keep blaming the defense. It's clear you hate Ryan and you've got an agenda.

I think if you look objectively, you'd see a defense gutted up the middle with injuries.

And you'll see an offense that can not sustain drives, eat clock, put the defense in good positions.

It's easy to look for one thing or one person to blame, but theres not a defensive coordinator in the league who would succeed with what we have here.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Keep blaming the defense. It's clear you hate Ryan and you've got an agenda.

I think if you look objectively, you'd see a defense gutted up the middle with injuries.

And you'll see an offense that can not sustain drives, eat clock, put the defense in good positions.

It's easy to look for one thing or one person to blame, but theres not a defensive coordinator in the league who would succeed with what we have here.

Even the worst defenses dont give up 500+ yards, we've done it several times this year now. The Saints ran off 90+ plays and we had forced a negative play on like 2 of them. Thats unheard of regardless of who you trot out there.

We scored 30+ pts in a home game, that should be enough to win, fool.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Ryan kept the middle of the field WIDE OPEN. Every receiver and RB was wide open almost EVERY TIME.

But Garrett definitely deserves blame. I hate him and Ryan both. It's unforgivable that Dez has the first half like he did and then does not get a single look in the second half.

Why is it that we always have to mount these comebacks and still fall short? We just cannot ever play with a lead and maintain it.

It's Romo that is propping Garrett up, then Garrett still screws him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Ryan kept the middle of the field WIDE OPEN. Every receiver and RB was wide open almost EVERY TIME.

But Garrett definitely deserves blame. I hate him and Ryan both. It's unforgivable that Dez has the first half like he did and then does not get a single look in the second half.

Why is it that we always have to mount these comebacks and still fall short? We just cannot ever play with a lead and maintain it.

It's Romo that is propping Garrett up, then Garrett still screws him.

Garrett doesnt tell Romo where to throw the ball Laz.

Plays have primary and secondary receivers, but ultimately the QB decides where to throw the ball. Its not like Dez didnt go out for passes. He went out. Maybe he wasnt open on alot of second half plays. Looked like the Aints rolled alot of help to his side in the 2nd half to me.

Reaction score
When the Cowboys were a top 3 defense in yards allowed, you said it wasn’t an accurate reflection of how good the defense is. Now, you are using yards allowed to prove the defense is playing poor.

Everyone can see the defense is playing bad but i wouldn’t blame Ryan because Brady Poppinga is having trouble in coverage.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
When the Cowboys were a top 3 defense in yards allowed, you said it wasn’t an accurate reflection of how good the defense is. Now, you are using yards allowed to prove the defense is playing poor.

Everyone can see the defense is playing bad but i wouldn’t blame Ryan because Brady Poppinga is having trouble in coverage.

or peproah

VAcowboy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
7) Not really Cowboy related here, but how can anyone not be impressed with Seatle, Washington and Indianapolis, especially Seattle. They've scored 150 pts in their last 3 games, and have absolutely destroyed their last 3 opponents. With a rookie middle round pick running the offense. On Washington, I do think they'll handle us with relative ease next Sunday night and win the division. The Colts made the playoffs and won double digit games despite being 1-15 last year and losing their HC to cancer for most of this year. Kudos to those teams.

Ok. Kudos to Seattle and Indy.

The Skins can fuck themselves.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Yeah, dbair is agenda-driven. He wants 6 man rushes, leaving the worst selection of safeties to hold up the rest of the defense.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't want to hear about dead players on defense anymore. No excuses.

6522373_129218820266.jpg

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, dbair is agenda-driven. He wants 6 man rushes, leaving the worst selection of safeties to hold up the rest of the defense.

Safeties dont have to play man to man, thats why we paid Carr 50 mils and traded up for the best CB in this years draft, in addition to having two proven CB's behind those guys.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think Murray is the 5th best RB in the league in a vaccum

At first I was going to argue this but outside of AP, Charles, MJD, Forte, Shady and Rice there's not alot of great options. I guess Foster is legit but I feel like him and Morris are system backs. CJ Spiller and CJ2K are probably more physically talented though and are having better years. Gore is still doing it. Lynch is legit.

He's at least top 10 (but barely) I think. He's not flashy or crazy talented but he will get you every yard that's out there.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Murray can definitely be one of the league's top backs if he stays healthy for all or most of a season.

The two fumbles are bad, but he hasnt shown any evidence prior to being a fumbler. So hopefully its just two bad plays and not a trend.

But his combination of size, power, speed, hands, cutting ability and blocking ability is not something many backs can match. Some are better in one or two areas, but in terms of all of them combined he is definitely up there.

Reaction score
Good thing you decided against challenging me because I forgot lunch and Charles. And you forgot shady.

The point is we have a top back and he's not putting up any numbers. Half his yards seem to be after contact or a cut back. We just got the weakest blockers and witten and vickers just seem to clog things up.

Top Bottom