Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Well yeah, basically. We're good enough to take advantage of inferior opponents. Outside of V. Jackson, who can be double covered, who scares you over there? I'm glad they won, but since the road to the playoffs goes thru tougher teams than Tampa, yesterday really didn't tell us anything about the team.

Games are about matchups. They had two good backs Jackson who can not be understated how good he is. Williams and the athletic Dallas Clark.

They had no problems moving the ball at ny or against Carolina......

Now all of a sudden freeman should have been benched? That is beyond insane and ignorant to say.

There is only one reason to believe that statement and we know why that is.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Thinking back we were putting hits on Clark and Williams right as they were catching the ball too, to force incompletions.

I mean until that final BS drive Freeman had passed for 30 yards? This is a talented offense, I mean they added about 100 mil in contracts with Nicks and Jackson, grabbed Clark and already had Williams. Then Added Martin in the draft who everyone can't stop raving about. And we absolutely shut all of that down. They couldn't run no matter where they tried.

Through three weeks it looks like we have a top 5 D.

Ya and we had 5 frigging defensive lineman, one in spears who they thought should have been inactive but he refused according to mike fisher.

So against a big strong line and two good backs our front completely shut them down.

Yet it's only cause they're not good and should bench there qb.......

Utterly the epitome of stupid.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That play where Carter tracked down the TE in the flat to prevent a first down?

Athletic LBs ya'll. That's a 15 yard gain against Bradie/Brooking.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That play where Carter tracked down the TE in the flat to prevent a first down?

Athletic LBs ya'll. That's a 15 yard gain against Bradie/Brooking.

And he was injured on the play before and was desperately trying to come off the field, he ran almost to the sideline but Tampa was hurrying a little and eberflus waived him back out on the field.

Go watch the play again, his left arm is just hanging and he fought through it and made a great play.

Not to mention mcray covered tight ends well all day, he was in perfect position to where it was going to be incomplete or he would catch it all day...

Defense was stellar.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Thinking back we were putting hits on Clark and Williams right as they were catching the ball too, to force incompletions.

I mean until that final BS drive Freeman had passed for 30 yards? This is a talented offense, I mean they added about 100 mil in contracts with Nicks and Jackson, grabbed Clark and already had Williams. Then Added Martin in the draft who everyone can't stop raving about. And we absolutely shut all of that down. They couldn't run no matter where they tried.

Through three weeks it looks like we have a top 5 D.

lol

Not exactly the 1970/80's Chargers. TB has some decent pieces here and there, but they hardly posed a "stiff test." Are we legitimately good, or were we simply determined not to be shown up like we were in Seattle?

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how Seattle looks against Green Bay tonight.

On the one hand, they lost to Arizona. But Arizona has been beating the first three weeks. And Seattle dropped two balls in the end zone taht would've won them that game.

So maybe Seattle isnt' as bad as we think. And losing to Seattle, while the manner in which we did, was bad... maybe it's not something to be as ashamed of as we all think.

I'm going to delete this post if Seattle gets rolled by double digits.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Omg.

Now the defense was only good because the bucs offense is bad?

That is what norm said yesterday also.

People have gone crazy with their dislike of Garrett.
The D isn't even Garrett's side of the ball, so how is that a criticism of him?

And our D did play great, there's no doubt our corners are on fire. But Freeman also was terrible and I don't see how anyone can argue that. I told my buddies when it was 10-7 that we'd already won the game barring a special teams or defensive touchdown from them, or some fluky long Doug Martin run, because they couldn't do anything against us.

I'm just saying that late in the game, he did nothing but check down because he lost his nerve. And then he couldn't even hit half those throws. lol That doesn't happen to even a decent NFL QB.

I seriously checked my phone during the game to see who their backup QB was. I wouldn't be too surprised to hear that Dan Orlovsky is getting some work this week.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The D isn't even Garrett's side of the ball, so how is that a criticism of him?

And our D did play great, there's no doubt our corners are on fire. But Freeman also was terrible and I don't see how anyone can argue that. I told my buddies when it was 10-7 that we'd already won the game barring a special teams or defensive touchdown from them, or some fluky long Doug Martin run, because they couldn't do anything against us.

I'm just saying that late in the game, he did nothing but check down because he lost his nerve. And then he couldn't even hit half those throws. lol That doesn't happen to even a decent NFL QB.

I seriously checked my phone during the game to see who their backup QB was. I wouldn't be too surprised to hear that Dan Orlovsky is getting some work this week.

I will bet anything freeman is not benched and that he plays well and has big numbers against Washington next week.

Our defense and the field position made him play that way. He was rattled and guys were covered.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
lol

Not exactly the 1970/80's Chargers. TB has some decent pieces here and there, but they hardly posed a "stiff test." Are we legitimately good, or were we simply determined not to be shown up like we were in Seattle?

Are you high?

Up to yesterday's game Vincent Jackson was looking like the best offseason acquisition by any team. He was uncoverable against TB and Carolina.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I disagree wholeheartedly.

Idk. The Bucs signed Carl Nicks and couldn't do shit on O. Couldn't run, couldn't pass protect either.

Our line has a bigger problem than the play of one OG. When the inside is holding it down either Witten drops a pass or the edge collapses. And viceversa with Witten still dropping a pass.

We were 2 additions away on defense to fielding a solid group, while we're up to 4 players on the line away from fielding a solid, consistent offense.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Are you high?

Up to yesterday's game Vincent Jackson was looking like the best offseason acquisition by any team. He was uncoverable against TB and Carolina.

I've never done illegal narcotics in my life. If I crashed at your place for a week, that'd probably change.

Reaction score
Freeman's completions, distance traveled relative to LOS:

9 yards
-3 yards
3 yards
-1 yards
-3 yards
-1 yards
-4 yards
27 yards
0 yards
20 yards
7 yards
And those completions of 27 and 20 yards came after they had that long 4th down. They were deep in their own end, down 9 with under 5 minutes left, and send their punt team out. Then Schiano called a timeout and said what do we have to lose, and they hit those two longer plays.

Our D had them ready to give up.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Richie Whitt just posted a breaking news tweet saying Jason witten is not healthy.

VAcowboy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Idk. The Bucs signed Carl Nicks and couldn't do shit on O. Couldn't run, couldn't pass protect either.

Our line has a bigger problem than the play of one OG. When the inside is holding it down either Witten drops a pass or the edge collapses. And viceversa with Witten still dropping a pass.

We were 2 additions away on defense to fielding a solid group, while we're up to 4 players on the line away from fielding a solid, consistent offense.

Oh, I'm not debating that we shoulda selected DeCastro instead of Claiborne. I think Jerry and JG absolutely made the right move. But a guy said DeCastro woulda been a clear reach at #14, and with that I strongly disagree.

Reaction score
It does deserve An explanation though. Like, we were ready to take LB bobby Wagner in the 2nd round? After we redshirted Bruce carter?

Clearly they think they know something no one else does re: value of OL. And they keep being proven wrong

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think the difference between Carl Nicks and Nate Livings is not worth 50 million dollars.

We were in Freeman's grill all day. They couldn't run anywhere.

If you can draft them you draft them. But you don't give big money to FA OL. It's just not worth it.

Reaction score
2 of the best 3 or 4 centers in the league were available. Scott wells and another guy.

Brian waters was available 2 years ago.

It's like, they either pay a fortune ala Leonard Davis Or just scrape the bottom of the burn barrel .

Would a line of Tyron- Grubbs-Wells-Bernadeau-Free
Be Too much to ask?

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
2 of the best 3 or 4 centers in the league were available. Scott wells and another guy.

Brian waters was available 2 years ago.

It's like, they either pay a fortune ala Leonard Davis Or just scrape the bottom of the burn barrel .

Would a line of Tyron- Grubbs-Wells-Bernadeau-Free
Be Too much to ask?

Archer said they wanted Grubbs, but with the cap penalty and his asking price going to 7 mil per season they couldn't fit him in.

Scott wells has been injured all year and waters decided to retire. Can't really blame them foe not giving big money to either.

But yeah it needs to get better.

Top Bottom