dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Shows what I know I guess.

That said it's PFF and nobody truly understands their ratings. Here's what they had for our guys as FYI. I dont agree with a lot of this.

QB: Dak Prescott- 85.0 Grade (5th) Passing grade 78.7 (7th)

RB: Zeke- 82.7 Grade (1st)- Run grade 77.6 (4th)- 82.3 Rec grade (2nd)- 84.8 Pass Pro (1st)
T. Pollard- 66.6 not enough snaps to rank

WR: Amari- 71.3 (24th)
MG- 66.6 (40th)
Ceedee- 55.1 (72nd)
N Brown- 58.1 not enough snaps to rank
C Wilson- 56.7 not enough snaps to rank

TE: Jarwin- 52.0 (50th)
Schultz- 40.9 (56th)

C: Looney- 61.9 (19th)
Biadasz- 60.0

G: Martin- 67.2 (30th)
Williams- 49.5 (53rd)

T: Tyron Smith- 62.3 (42nd)
Steele- 49.8 (56th out of 58)

DT: A. Woods- 61.0 (43rd)
Hill- 57.6 (54th)
Ty Craw- 44.9 (80th)
D. Poe- 37.4 (87th)
Gallimore- 47.2 not enough snaps to rank

DE: A. Smith- 72.6 (20th)
DLaw- 52.1 (72nd)
Griffen- 33.7 (90th)
Armstrong- 56.1 not enough snaps to rank

LB: Joe Thomas- 58.7 (26th)
Vander Esch- 47.0 (39th)
Jaylon- 29.5 (60th out of 63)

CB: Chido- 73.9 (12th)
T. Diggs- 58.2 (43rd)
AB- 51.3 (64th)

Safety: X Woods- 68.7 (18th)
D. Thompson- 60.6 (38th)
Worley- 60.1 not enough snaps to grade

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
FWIW Jerry was on his radio show today and essentially said the same thing, they werent signing guys to make up for injuries or the poor play. Just going with what we have.

I do wonder if they might call up that practice squad LB from Utah, he had a really good camp and people were surprised when he didnt make the active roster.

Francis Bernard. That’s what I’m hoping, they call him up. He had a great camp by all accounts.

And Jerry said they have no plans to sign anyone but did he say anything about trading for a player? I’d love to see if they could get Cameron Brate from Tampa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I never had a problem with going for it on 4th down. The play call on the other hand......seems like no team in the league likes to throw behind the sticks and rely on athleticism to pick up necessary yardage. All time often that has blown up spectacularly in the play callers face.

The Rams were doing it. And converting on 3rd downs as a result.

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys: How good is Connor Williams?
published last Sunday

and that's his best tape :(
people have been trying to justify William's since drafted ... I've seen no reason to keep him on the game day roster

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The Rams were doing it. And converting on 3rd downs as a result.

Yeah, because our knuckleheaded ultra conservative defensive game plan had LB's and DB's playing so far off the damn ball.

That and it definitely appears to be that we lack overall team speed on defense. A bunch of those guys just look too damn slow.

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Yeah, because our knuckleheaded ultra conservative defensive game plan had LB's and DB's playing so far off the damn ball.

That and it definitely appears to be that we lack overall team speed on defense. A bunch of those guys just look too damn slow.

Yeah, it was the scheme, and their reflexes looked off. the scheme cost a step so did their game 1 no preseason reflexes.

Net result "those guys just look too damn slow."

But they actually have serious play speed, at least at CB. Our Ss are a different story. Awuzie, Brown, Diggs, Lewis, Worley, and Robinson are incredibly quick, at least in press coverage. (Worley and Lewis lack deep speed).

What bugs me is 9 of 10 DCs with Awuzie, Brown, and Diggs as starters would press most of any game. Particularly game 1 under these circumstances. I scrubbed the tape hard have no idea what Nolan was trying to do in coverage.

All the talk about putting players in position to do what the do best seems to have been just talk.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Two years ago we were sure that the nerve finally regenerated in Jaylon Smith's knee. Remember when he sprinted down the line to prevent a TD in Houston? Now he can't hang with guys like Higbee.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Yeah, the D wasn't good but it did hold the Rams to 20 points. When your offense is 1 for 7 on 3rd down, your offense has some issues. If we keep teams to 20 points and under, you should win a lot of games if you have a franchise QB, especially when you have a premier RB and WR(s).
Ah and here we go again with Dakota which is why I am so glad we did not commit the $ he was asking for b/c though I believe he is a "franchise" QB he just doesn't inspire that next level of play...that game was set up for him on a platter to make his case and he failed though that pass to Gallup should have counted
Agree with all your points and I agree too with Dooms about the timid moniker...he had some nice drives where he was firing on all cylinders but the routes looked all the same and nada down the field...enjoyed the running part and we need to see more of that but also agree about that he looked like the same old Dak...passes too routinely where they shouldn't be i.e. behind so the accuracy seems to be again something that will haunt us this year

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I bitched about it initially. I think they should have taken the points and tied it up. There was still plenty of time left in the game. But, upon further thought, I find that I do not have as much of a problem with them going for it on 4th and 3, but moreso the (lack thereof) personnel involved. Keeping Zeke off the field in that circumstance is beyond stupid. You basically telling the defense what exactly you are going to do and that was pass. When you add Zeke, the defense does not know what will go down: will Zeke run --- draw? will the Cowboys do play action? Will Zeke kick out or be released as a receiver out of the backfield? Will Dak run --- QB draw or option? So many options are available when you include Zeke into the equation. You want to call a pass play for 2 yards when 3 yards is needed for the 1st down? Have Zeke run that route. He'll get you that extra yard and then some; I'd like to see a DB try and knock Zeke back, I'll take matchup ALL DAY.

If you are going to go for it in that situation, we ask that they be smart about it. This is some Garrett shit. Garrett would go for it, and take Zeke out. Just dumb.
I'm with you about initially being pissed that we didn't take the 3
I'm of the mindset that sometimes don't out think yourself, keep it simple, its week 1 and lets not put ourselves behind the 8 ball and now be chasing points
My buddy and I always keep wondering that why is it that these guys run routes 1yd less then what is required on 3rd down? That is my problem with the play call or at least have Lamb at least be drifting towards the first down marker rather than strictly parallel
I still think the 3 was the way to go and of course had it worked we have lauded MM but it didn't and there you go...

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ah and here we go again with Dakota which is why I am so glad we did not commit the $ he was asking for b/c though I believe he is a "franchise" QB he just doesn't inspire that next level of play...that game was set up for him on a platter to make his case and he failed though that pass to Gallup should have counted
Agree with all your points and I agree too with Dooms about the timid moniker...he had some nice drives where he was firing on all cylinders but the routes looked all the same and nada down the field...enjoyed the running part and we need to see more of that but also agree about that he looked like the same old Dak...passes too routinely where they shouldn't be i.e. behind so the accuracy seems to be again something that will haunt us this year

I agree Nick. This isn't MM's offense. We catered to Dak and kept the same offense so he had the same terminology and scheme when he got back from his holdout. Guaranteed it won't be the same offense next year if the team and Dak continue with these mediocre showings.

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
"Yeah, the D wasn't good but it did hold the Rams to 20 points. When your offense is 1 for 7 on 3rd down, your offense has some issues. If we keep teams to 20 points and under, you should win a lot of games if you have a franchise QB, especially when you have a premier RB and WR(s)."

I'll trade a pro bowl QB, pro bowl RB, pro bowl WR, and a SB winning coach for a real OL which can block

HCs and QBs will always attract blame - but the game is won and lost in the trenches

BTW, any D allowing 153 rushing yards and 2 rushing TDs - sucks as bad an O that goes 1 of 7 on 3rd down

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
"Yeah, the D wasn't good but it did hold the Rams to 20 points. When your offense is 1 for 7 on 3rd down, your offense has some issues. If we keep teams to 20 points and under, you should win a lot of games if you have a franchise QB, especially when you have a premier RB and WR(s)."

I'll trade a pro bowl QB, pro bowl RB, pro bowl WR, and a SB winning coach for a real OL which can block

HCs and QBs will always attract blame - but the game is won and lost in the trenches

BTW, any D allowing 153 rushing yards and 2 rushing TDs - sucks as bad an O that goes 1 of 7 on 3rd down

Let me know if you need help with the quote feature......

That's because you're an idiot. This has to be the dumbest thing I've heard and that's saying something.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Hey dolt, let me show you how utterly stupid your comment is......

Do you know where the Chiefs ranked? 20th....not even in the top 10...

Predictions for 2020?

"Overall, the Chiefs have four mid-level starters and a star in Schwartz at right tackle, a combination that should put them back in the top half of the league if everyone stays healthy. "

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hey dolt, let me show you how utterly stupid your comment is......

Do you know where the Chiefs ranked? 20th....not even in the top 10...

Predictions for 2020?

"Overall, the Chiefs have four mid-level starters and a star in Schwartz at right tackle, a combination that should put them back in the top half of the league if everyone stays healthy. "

as for PFF ... LOL

as for how weak the Chiefs OL,, they make plays and don't get man handled
BTW, have you ever seen an Andy Reid OL beaten as badly as we were Sunday night?

as for the swap I mentioned ... I'll take the dominant OL - not worried about their "PFF rank", just play making

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
as for PFF ... LOL

as for how weak the Chiefs OL,, they make plays and don't get man handled
BTW, have you ever seen an Andy Reid OL beaten as badly as we were Sunday night?

as for the swap I mentioned ... I'll take the dominant OL - not worried about their "PFF rank", just play making

You can laugh all you want, but show me something that says the Chiefs have the best OL in the game. You're the dolt that would "trade a pro bowl QB, pro bowl RB, pro bowl WR, and a SB winning coach for a real OL which can block."

Back that statement up. I'm showing you (and others) where the team with a great QB, great HC and weapons on offense are the premier team in the NFL and won the SB last season without a dominant line.

Back up your statement or GTFO.

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
You can laugh all you want, but show me something that says the Chiefs have the best OL in the game. You're the dolt that would "trade a pro bowl QB, pro bowl RB, pro bowl WR, and a SB winning coach for a real OL which can block."

Back that statement up. I'm showing you (and others) where the team with a great QB, great HC and weapons on offense are the premier team in the NFL and won the SB last season without a dominant line.

Back up your statement or GTFO.

PFF stats don't "prove" anything except that PFF published them
but then you will push any notion from any source that supports your narratives
if they are your source prove their credibility

do you really believe KC has a weak OL? 20th last year? :)
as brilliant as Mahomes is and as mediocre as Reid is ... if that were true they'd have had no chance vs the 49ers, wouldn't likely have gotten to the big show

to illustrate my point - you take Troy, Emmitt, Mike, and Jimmy and move to any other team.
I'll take their back ups and the '93 OL and stomp you

in SB X, the Boys went in with pro bowl QB, pro bowl RB, pro bowl WR, and a SB winning coach,
a mediocre coach, with a not top notch QB and a mediocre RB with a bad ass OL pushed the Boys around and won

looks this is game we are talking about takes heart and you have a fantasy football herd mentality
but what's to be expected of an individual like you who can't figure out if you're a Cowboy fan, or not

so you "GTFO" whatever that is, something tacky I'm sure, it's your style

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
PFF stats don't "prove" anything except that PFF published them
but then you will push any notion from any source that supports your narratives
if they are your source prove their credibility

do you really believe KC has a weak OL? 20th last year? :)
as brilliant as Mahomes is and as mediocre as Reid is ... if that were true they'd have had no chance vs the 49ers, wouldn't likely have gotten to the big show

to illustrate my point - you take Troy, Emmitt, Mike, and Jimmy and move to any other team.

in SB X, the Boys went in with pro bowl QB, pro bowl RB, pro bowl WR, and a SB winning coach,
a mediocre coach, with a not top notch QB and a mediocre RB with a bad ass OL pushed the Boys around and won

looks this is game we are talking about takes heart and you have a fantasy football herd mentality
but what's to be expected of an individual like you who can't figure out if you're a Cowboy fan, or not

so you "GTFO" whatever that is, something tacky I'm sure, it's your style

I'll ask you again and then I'm done with you. Can you show me where the SB champs had the best OL in the game? You're the guy that would trade Mahomes and Reid for the best OL. Please give me something to at least try to back up your silly opinion. It's easy enough to be critical of my links in support of my argument but at least I provided something to back up my argument. All you do is spew hot air in every conversation.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

You just keep saying stupid shit. You just can't help yourself.

And you're not illustrating any point other than showing how truly idiotic you are.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Holy fucking shit, what a moron.

You have posted droves of stupid shit here the last several weeks, but honestly this might be the most ignorant thing you have typed yet.

Top Bottom