VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
Poor bastard...

Jay Gruden was the Redskins’ head coach choice from the get-go, or so it appears.

Just like that, Chucky’s sibling signed on for five years. Jay Gruden, brother of Jon, Arena Football League legend and recently a very good offensive coordinator in Cincinnati, has been given Bruce Allen’s final rose and will become Robert Griffin III’s new coach.

Six interviews into the general manager’s 11-candidate, Bacheloresque search for a successor to Mike Shanahan, Allen ended his speed dating. So smitten with another Gruden, he told the other five coaches he requested to interview that their services were not necessary.

Link

Reaction score
Props for going with a new name who's had success. I think it'll be a good hire for them.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Thought I heard Werder say part of it was that he worked with Haslet at some point (arena league?) and Danny wants to keep the DC in place, Jerry style.

But yeah, he's probably better than our favorite Ginger.

Reaction score
Other things that are "better than The Ginger":

Diarrhea
Rape
Eye herpes
Getting hit by a car
Dbair's humor
Gigli
Mouth herpes
Hostile's grammar
Dial-up internet
Scrotal herpes
AIDS

Reaction score
You had me until dbair's humor. I'd rather lick Hostile's asshole after a particularly epic dump than listen to David tell jokes.

Reaction score
Quincy Carter
Typhoid
Vince Young's SAT score
The Hindenburg
Walt Disney's love for black people
Enron
Mentrual blood
Julie Burke in a swimsuit
Chinese people (no offense, sheik)
Trans fats
Impotence
Lacewell
North Korea
Anal herpes
Eli Manning

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Quincy Carter
Typhoid
Vince Young's SAT score
The Hindenburg
Enron
Mentrual blood
Trans fats
Impotence
Lacewell
North Korea
Anal herpes
Eli Manning

:lol

That is a brutal list. You would have to put a gun to my head to make me choose the best one.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Thought I heard Werder say part of it was that he worked with Haslet at some point (arena league?) and Danny wants to keep the DC in place, Jerry style.

Yeah one of the stories I read this morning had a quote from Gruden that said he wanted the job because of "familiarity with the staff"

In other words- Danny and RGknee said "these are your coaches" and he said yes sirs Mr Snyder and Mr Griffin

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Quincy Carter
Typhoid
Vince Young's SAT score
The Hindenburg
Enron
Mentrual blood
Trans fats
Impotence
Lacewell
North Korea
Anal herpes
Eli Manning

LOL

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

But yeah, he's probably better than our favorite Ginger.

Shanahan was better than Ginger. What's your point? Coaching wasn't so much a problem with the Redskins as much as lack of talent. When you have a 40+ year olds London Fletcher and Santana Moss still as your starters, that says quite a bit about the players behind them.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
What's my point? Just that as blah and unexciting a choice as Gruden may be, he's still better than what we have. Not sure what you were reading into it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What's my point? Just that as blah and unexciting a choice as Gruden may be, he's still better than what we have. Not sure what you were reading into it.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I dont think they are going to be that good. If anything they might end up at the same level of mediocrity as we do.

Reaction score
That organization is a mess. No high draft picks and a shitty owner. I'm not sure what their cap situation is but I doubt it's great. It'll be tough for any coach to go in there and completely turn things around like we've seen in spots like Seattle, Carolina and SF. A lot of the talent on those teams was built through the draft. Like Dallas, the skins are not capable of accomplishing such a feat. Plus, Gruden made some very questionable personnel decisions in Cinci already. He'll fit right into DC, but certainly not in a good way.

Top Bottom