jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Goodell is the worst. Hardy has already been suspended essentially an entire season. Now he needs to basically fly to NYC and give Goodell the most amazing blowjob of his life in order to make it back by October.

I understand that Hardy should be in jail right now, but that's up to the legal system. Not the idiot commish.

I don't understand how Goodell can legally meddle in player's personal lives. It seems like his job gives him total control over every single part of a player's lives and it just doesn't add up. Does the players sign something to allow this invasion of privacy when they enter the league? It is a job. No boss should have the power to meddle with a player when he is not working. I am ignorant to just how this works. Fill me in. It just doesn't seem legal to me.

Reaction score
I agree jnday, Goodell has too much power.

Hell, he not only told Adrian Peterson that he had to have therapy ... Goodell told Peterson which therapist he had to see.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
battered_victim_LWTZE.jpg

she can!

Don't care.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
I agree jnday, Goodell has too much power.

Hell, he not only told Adrian Peterson that he had to have therapy ... Goodell told Peterson which therapist he had to see.

Can you imagine the manager at the local Wal-Mart doing this? The department manager of sporting goods gets a DUI and the manager suspends him for a month. How would that go over? It would be s slime ball lawyer's dream.

Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
This deal seems similar to to the rental that the Pats did to get Revis, they had no intension of using that 2nd year.

One of the biggest reasons I want McClain is because it moves Lee to WLB. Would love to see what he can do from there.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

A couple of things.....

Football is a violent game, played by violent men. We ask young men, to go against their better judgment and risk their own health. We want them to play in a controlled rage on game day, and then immediately become outstanding citizens once they step off the field. I do not condone what Hardy did to his girlfriend in any way. I'm just not going to pretend to be shocked when one of these adrenaline-filled athletes aren't able to contain their rage off the field. Hardy is at a point where he has zero wiggle room. If he screws up, in any way, his career is most likely over. He knows this and there should be no sympathy if he blows this opportunity. Let's just stop pretending that this violent game does not not produce violent men.

The other thing from that speech is that he is dead wrong about Garrett. He said he is either a fraud about the whole RKG thing OR Garrett is someone with no real say. He is wrong because the answer is that Garrett is both those things.

Reaction score
Just a few quick thoughts.

1. So much wining and dining for a player on a 1 year contract.
2. This seems to go against the RKG motto. Is this a Jerry Jones thing?
3. Now we are sucked into this guys life and legal case.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Just a few quick thoughts.

1. So much wining and dining for a player on a 1 year contract.
2. This seems to go against the RKG motto. Is this a Jerry Jones thing?
3. Now we are sucked into this guys life and legal case.
This RKGnshit really gets on my nerves. Irvin and Big E wasn't RKGs by the fans standards, but Garrett would disagree. They was winners. Everybody makes mistakes in their lives, but I don't care. I care about having winners on the team. The goody two shoes homer crowd has took this RKG shit too serious.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Football is a violent game, played by violent men. We ask young men, to go against their better judgment and risk their own health. We want them to play in a controlled rage on game day, and then immediately become outstanding citizens once they step off the field. I do not condone what Hardy did to his girlfriend in any way. I'm just not going to pretend to be shocked when one of these adrenaline-filled athletes aren't able to contain their rage off the field. Hardy is at a point where he has zero wiggle room. If he screws up, in any way, his career is most likely over. He knows this and there should be no sympathy if he blows this opportunity. Let's just stop pretending that this violent game does not not produce violent men.

The other thing from that speech is that he is dead wrong about Garrett. He said he is either a fraud about the whole RKG thing OR Garrett is someone with no real say. He is wrong because the answer is that Garrett is both those things.

At first I wanted to argue with you because while you're right that you can't expect these guys to have the personality of the chess club, Hardy's behavior is way over the top...

But then I read your last paragraph and wanted to give you a hug.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
At first I wanted to argue with you because while you're right that you can't expect these guys to have the personality of the chess club, Hardy's behavior is way over the top...

But then I read your last paragraph and wanted to give you a hug.

:lol

Reaction score
Can't quit thinking about me guys, I'm touched... Not by dbair though, that would be creepy.

I don't understand how Goodell can legally meddle in player's personal lives. It seems like his job gives him total control over every single part of a player's lives and it just doesn't add up. Does the players sign something to allow this invasion of privacy when they enter the league? It is a job. No boss should have the power to meddle with a player when he is not working. I am ignorant to just how this works. Fill me in. It just doesn't seem legal to me.

The CBA gives him super-dictator powers. And even when it doesn't, he takes it anyway. He's probably the most powerful man in the world. Obama got nothing on him.

On Hardy... I don't now the specifics of North Carolina law, but there's not much doubt in my mind he beat the shit out of her, paid her off, and got off on a technicality.

So he and Jerry have something in common.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not the cutting edge analysis we were looking for. Thanks for nothing Pep

Top Bottom