cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
http://nfl.si.com/2014/04/09/dallas-cowboys-2014-nfl-draft-trade-rumors/?xid=nl_siextra

BY BRYAN ROSE

The Dallas Cowboys aren’t interested in the St. Louis Rams’ No. 2 overall pick in the 2014 NFL draft, but that doesn’t mean they’re not looking to trade up.

Always on the lookout for a star in the making, the Cowboys front office is reportedly open to the idea of moving up in the draft assuming an elite player that fills a need is available. Multiple sources have said the Cowboys aren’t trying to move up from No. 16 to No. 2. However, the sources did say the Cowboys would be willing to make a move up if [they] were able to obtain an elite player who can fill an immediate hole. Who exactly that “elite” player would be is currently unknown, though the Cowboys do need help on the defensive side of the ball, a sentiment owner Jerry Jones admitted in the above interview.

However, there aren’t many defensive players considered worthy of trading up for outside of South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney, so you have to wonder who exactly the Cowboys would be targeting.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The Rams always hook us up. Jerry should have hired Fisher. I've always loved watching his teams play.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Probably Clowney, but I think he'd have to get past 3 or 4 for it to have any legit chance at happening.

It would appear to most to be cost prohibitive to move up, but it also depends on how bad the team that is wanting to trade down wants to make a deal. Didn't Oakland drop way down last yr and got nowhere near what people thought true market value was (maybe the deal was with Miami, cant remember)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The Rams always hook us up. Jerry should have hired Fisher. I've always loved watching his teams play.

Yeah he seems perfect for our plans here. He does a great job coaching teams to .500

Once Garrett is canned, we should go all in to acquire Fisher so he can continue the excellence of 8-8 here.

Reaction score
Probably Clowney, but I think he'd have to get past 3 or 4 for it to have any legit chance at happening.

It would appear to most to be cost prohibitive to move up, but it also depends on how bad the team that is wanting to trade down wants to make a deal. Didn't Oakland drop way down last yr and got nowhere near what people thought true market value was (maybe the deal was with Miami, cant remember)

Agree. Jerry is transparent. Lose Ware. Want Clowney.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score

Miami got the 3rd overall(Dion Jordan) for 12(D.J Fluker) and 42(Menelik Watson)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Miami got the 3rd overall(Dion Jordan) for 12(D.J Fluker) and 42(Menelik Watson)

Yeah that's what I was thinking. That was really a "bargain" trade up (although Miami reportedly hates Jordan now and wants to get rid of him)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Agree. Jerry is transparent. Lose Ware. Want Clowney.

You could hardly blame anyone for wanting Clowney on their defense. If you truly believe he's the next Reggie White or Bruce Smith he's a game changer.

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I was thinking. That was really a "bargain" trade up (although Miami reportedly hates Jordan now and wants to get rid of him)

Miamindoesnt like Jordan? I'm so out of touch with the NFL anymore.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Miamindoesnt like Jordan? I'm so out of touch with the NFL anymore.

Yeah they've been supposedly calling around the league and trying to trade him basically since the offseason started.

Top Bottom