Clutch88

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Romo Staring Them Down

Will Romo stop staring down his No. 1 read on passing plays?

This is another problem for Romo. A big problem. Defenses seem to know where he is going, because he can't take his eyes off the first or hot read.

Romo has to learn to check down. He also needs to know who will get open—and who won't.

For the brief time we saw Romo in 2010, his eye sight was glued on Witten on Austin—just not on the same play. Adjustments to how he checks down has to happen this season. I say that because if I noticed it, there won't be too many defensive coordinators in the NFL that won't notice either.

This is something Romo still hears about because he does it all the time.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/787279-dallas-cowboys-top-7-concerns-for-tony-romo-and-americas-team/page/4

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
I'm not even sure what this man is talking about. Tony was staring them down, because he had all of .5 secs to get the ball out before being trashed last year.

X Dawg

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Well known that Romo has a pre determined place to go with the ball before he gets to the LOS .. . he's fallen in love with Witten for 9 rather than shoot the ball 18 to Austin..RW...or Dez or Crayton etc over the years....

Kitna brought the WR's to life....

Reaction score
Well known that Romo has a pre determined place to go with the ball before he gets to the LOS .. . he's fallen in love with Witten for 9 rather than shoot the ball 18 to Austin..RW...or Dez or Crayton etc over the years....

No. If Kitna did anything, it was check down to Witten.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score

Wow. I've read other things this dude's said and took it with a grain of salt, thinking everybody has their right to an opinion.

But this? Nope. Full blown ******. Disregard.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think theebs has a point, because earlier in his career, Romo did a great job of fooling the D by looking one way while ending up throwing another.

Top Bottom