bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys cornerback B.W. Webb is a superstar in the making

http://nfldraftzone.com/draft-news/d...in-the-making/

Dallas Cowboys cornerback B.W. Webb is a superstar in the making

June 20, 2013

by Damond Talbot

Before the start of the season last year, I had B.W. Webb as the top small school cornerback in the game. I had him higher than Robert Alford and every other small school player, for one simple fact, HEART.

I watched almost every William and Mary game of B.W. and I was impressed at his cover skills. Webb is not afraid of taking on the big name wide receiver, and he never shies away from contact. B.W. is a player that doesn’t talk a lot, but rather keeps you quiet by his intelligent play.

At the end of the season Webb had made me feel even better about my evaluation of him. I had the pleasure to sit down with B.W. and I was blown away with this kids knowledge of the game. Remember this is a small schooler that had Boston College drooling over him coming out of high school. He ultimately chose William and Mary because of a full scholarship. He compares his play to Asante Samuel and I believe that is a pretty fair comparision.

B.W. has been learning quite a bit from former Grand Valley State corner and current Cowboy Brandon Carr.

“Brandon Carr is like my mentor now,” said Webb, speaking at Carr’s celebrity softball game to benefit stopping domestic abuse on Saturday. “He helps me out with techniques, plays, all that. It’s helping out a lot.”

For Carr, its an opportunity to give back. When he was drafted by Kansas City in 2008, former All-Pro Patrick Surtain became his principle adviser, helping to mold him into the cornerback worthy of the big contract in 2012.

In Webb, Carr saw somebody who reminded him of himself (“Kind of quiet but with a lot of athletic ability) and somebody who had a similar path. Webb is a fourth-round pick from the FCS’s William & Mary. Carr was a fifth-round pick from Division II’s Grand Valley State.

Remember to keep an eye on B.W. Webb this year, he will be a special player, and will contribute more to this team than Mike Jenkins did.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score

And lons wants more fan written articles.

:suicide

Yeah, it would be nice. But since this links to a 404 error and it is... a link to a story. Not sure what you mean fan based article written by someone in this place means!

Reaction score
Is NFLDraftZone a legit site with journalists?

Or is a hack internet site like Bleacher Report or TheLandryHat and the like who lets almost any "fan" write articles for them?

Because that is what the OP screams of.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, fans are retarded lons and suck my dick.

Reaction score
Not much in the "article" about evidence of the athleticism or why Webb would be a superstar...other than Talbot likes his personality. Weird write up

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
For Carr, its an opportunity to give back. When he was drafted by Kansas City in 2008, former All-Pro Patrick Surtain became his principle adviser, helping to mold him into the cornerback worthy of the big contract in 2012.

That phrase just struck me as odd.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
That sure sounded like a Hostile "article".

It lacked a few traits that would qualify it for being on Hostile's level. No mentionof church, family, his football career or a John Wayne comparison.

Top Bottom