CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score
IMO Dallas has a good rotation in place if they keep Ratliff. People are with this foolishness that Dallas needs a big DT to make this defense work. Chicago's DEF and heaviest Dt was Pea and he was listed as a generous 300lbs.

If Dallas elects to release Ratliff then they would be left with Hatcher, Lissemore, Crawford, Price. In this case then a Dt is needed. I'd look at Chicago and then pluck one of their own. But not Melton, but Amobi Okoye. Guy is really active at DT. Didnt work out in Houston when drafted, but he did solid as a rotational DT. I think that is the scret to Chicago's success. They kept their DTs fresh. Because none of them are more than above average, and that above average is Melton.

What they need are 2 disruptive DEs who can force one on one matchups inside. Ill take my money on Hatcher Lissemore Crawford and Okoye in one on ones. With some serious passrush from the outside from Ware and a DE. Bottle up the Qb and let the inside pressure force bad plays.

Dallas IMO would be better off signing more depth at DT than a probowler. Then theres the draft. Dallas will shoot themselves in the foot if they draft a Dt in round 1 because theres plenty of talent but DE is another story. Alot of tweeners.

Kawaan Short, Brandon Williams, Sylvester Williams, and Jordan Hill can all be had later in the draft. Hill as late as probably the end of the 3rd or early 4th. But DE? By the time the Cowboys pick in round 2 they could be left with Margus Hunt. Safe to say the Cowboys wont be playing against Fresno State tackles.

People talk Dallas needs a Warren Sapp, but sorry there are no Warren Sapps in this draft. Sapp was special.

Cowboys need to draft for Wares help and his eventual replacement. Cause he has about 3-4 yrs tops in Dallas left. He's probably playing in his last contract anyways.

IMO Interior OL, DE then S should be the biggest concerns for this team right now. If Ratliff is released then I think DT moves up a notch but still isnt above the first 2.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Maybe that guy we signed a few weeks ago will turn into another Alonzo Spellman.

Reaction score
Problem with your scenario is there aren't really any DE's in this draft to get excited about.

Dion Jordan?
Mingo? Broaddus said the team sees him as LB, so no match.
The guy from BYU? Too raw.

Theres no one to get amped about.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
Maybe that guy we signed a few weeks ago will turn into another Alonzo Spellman.

A bipolar maniac who falls on and breaks the leg of one of our promising young defensive players?

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Problem with your scenario is there aren't really any DE's in this draft to get excited about.

Dion Jordan?
Mingo? Broaddus said the team sees him as LB, so no match.
The guy from BYU? Too raw.

Theres no one to get amped about.
Maybe one of the injured FSU guys. What is funny is that it is a decent year for 3-4 OLBers and the team goes away from that scheme

CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Ezekiel Ansah is my hope. But if Dallas could trade to the bottom of the 1st then Datone Jones im hoping would be the pick if they went DE.

Right now my dream mock would be.

RD1 Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU
RD2 Larry Warford G Kentucky
RD3 Jordan Hill PSU
RD4 T.J Mcdonald S USC
RD5 Kenjon Barner RB Oregon
RD6 Michael Williams TE Bama

Last edited:

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I completely disagree that DT isn't a need...I think it's a huge need..

With that being said, I also think DE is a huge need...I am all for keeping spencer so we can focus on DT in round 1

Our pass rush fucking blows...period, end of discussion. If this Tampa 2 defense even wants to have a glimmer of hope, our front 4 has to improve immensely.

I am ok with waiting til round 2 to take a DT, but that's at the absolute latest.

CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I completely disagree that DT isn't a need...I think it's a huge need..

With that being said, I also think DE is a huge need...I am all for keeping spencer so we can focus on DT in round 1

Our pass rush fucking blows...period, end of discussion. If this Tampa 2 defense even wants to have a glimmer of hope, our front 4 has to improve immensely.

I am ok with waiting til round 2 to take a DT, but that's at the absolute latest.

Where does Dallas get the money to pay spencer DE type money? I dont feel like listening to Cut this person, restructure this person. Dallas will be doing this to cut the cap deficit and make room to sign rookies and sign depth. They have to virtually cut 30-35 mil to be able to do this. Then to want to pay spencer about 4-5 mil for his first yr?

If Dallas keeps Ratliff you have to think he's out some games.

OK goes Dt round 2. Is there really much difference between Short and Hill? Not much. But you can get Hill probably a round later maybe 2 rounds. From what people that matter (Cowboys coaches, Jerry) they seem to like what they have at DT at this point in time. I have a feeling people with their dicks hard for DTs are going to be left with blue balls. Especially if they keep Ratliff.

And i agree passrush needs to be a priority. But not the top priority. The main focus should be protecting your franchise QB. I just have a feeling this team realizes that Romo isnt going to last much longer if they dont handle that situation. Jerry has been talking about Niners and Seahawks teams as a whole. Tough teams that pound the ball on both sides.

Think Dallas might be thinking OL. Its a hope but they know and realize what they have with Murray.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
too bad everybody who claims to know anything, is claiming that dallas has made it clear that DT is their #1 priority in the draft...whether that is accurate or not, i dont know...

its already been proven that dallas can easily sign spencer if they choose to...the bigger question isnt can they, it is will they?

you can easily get a guard that is just as good as cooper in the 2nd round in warford..so why take cooper at 18? unless warmack is available..there isnt a guard worth taking at 18

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
your prospective defensive line that consists of Crawford Hatch Rat Ware is also laughable at best...

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
too bad everybody who claims to know anything, is claiming that dallas has made it clear that DT is their #1 priority in the draft...whether that is accurate or not, i dont know...

its already been proven that dallas can easily sign spencer if they choose to...the bigger question isnt can they, it is will they?

you can easily get a guard that is just as good as cooper in the 2nd round in warford..so why take cooper at 18? unless warmack is available..there isnt a guard worth taking at 18

I think Warford may be gone by the time we pick in 2

Top Bottom