MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
In Jerry Jones' eyes. . .

Roy Williams is worth a 1st/3rd/6th or whatever that trade was.

Patrick Crayton is worth a 7th round pick.

Last 2 years:

Williams- REC:74 YDS:1026 TDS:9
Crayton- REC:76 YDS:1212 TDS:9

Hmm.

I wouldn't ever defend the Roy Williams rape... er... trade.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
That's Jerry for ya. lol

Well what are you going to do? Cut Roy Williams, who's 5 years younger than Crayton and who still has far more physical skills? Trade Roy for a 7th? Make Crayton the #2– who hasn't performed well in the past as the #2?

Don't forget the bitch move this past spring/summer with Crayton throwing a hissy-fit.

Say the Cowboys kept Crayton, and he was the #4 receiver this year... How long would it be before his diaper was full of crap and he started whining and creating discontent– a month? 2 months? But you know it would happen.

sbk92

Reaction score
Oh, no. Not the he would have created dissention in the locker room so it's okay to get ass raped on trading him defense.

Non-f'n-sense. A bit player like Crayton doesn't create shat. He can piss and moan on the bench all season. He'd play his ass off when called upon, which is why the depth this year is worth far more than a 6th or 7th round pick.

You shouldn't expect value in trades. Your team's operating without a GM.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
You're not dealing with a fine wine here that gets better with age.

You're dealing with a #4 receiver who's on the wrong side of 30.

I look at many NFL rosters and there aren't many #4's who would be worth anything... even a 7th rounder.

And just because you say Crayton wasn't going to be a distraction doesn't mean he wouldn't have been. The arse-clown shown his hand over the spring/summer.

kingdomcome1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Yeah, but Ogletree will have to step it up now, or Hurd if we keep him.

Yeppers, I am looking at Ogletree to replace him. Hurd(unless we trade him too) always reminded of a poor man's version of a Patrick C.....I like Hurd though, always have. His catch Thursday night was a pretty damn good one. That's what I want to see out of Roy. I want to see him stretch out and catch the damn ball, not just jumping at the ball, but actually catching the thing when it almost uncatchable.

sbk92

Reaction score
You're not dealing with a fine wine here that gets better with age.

You're dealing with a #4 receiver who's on the wrong side of 30.

I look at many NFL rosters and there aren't many #4's who would be worth anything... even a 7th rounder.

And just because you say Crayton wasn't going to be a distraction doesn't mean he wouldn't have been. The arse-clown shown his hand over the spring/summer.

A 4th/5th WR isn't a distraction. He's not important enough to carry any weight in the locker room.

Whether he's on the wrong side of 30 or not, he's a better 4th WR than any other in football and we just gave him away because we don't have a General Manager.

sbk92

Reaction score
Yeppers, I am looking at Ogletree to replace him. Hurd(unless we trade him too) always reminded of a poor man's version of a Patrick C.....I like Hurd though, always have. His catch Thursday night was a pretty damn good one. That's what I want to see out of Roy. I want to see him stretch out and catch the damn ball, not just jumping at the ball, but actually catching the thing when it almost uncatchable.

Sam Hurd sucks.

Reaction score
Getting a 7th rounder out of a guy who's 31 1/2 and was headed for probably less than 20 catches with this squad– is a good thing.

Crayton's had one season of more than 40 receptions. I think he had good rapport with Romo, but at some point Romo has to be able to establish that level of trust with younger receivers.

Crayton was at least worth a 7 this year. Next year he won't be worth that.

This is a great post . . .

I initially didn't like the trade, but the more I look at it, I'm fine.

My stance all off season was that Crayton didn't have a role with this team anymore. Our 4th and 5th receivers need to be solid special teams contributors, and Crayton isn't.

You don't keep a guy around at 2 million a season because he's an insurance policy. Especially when you have the depth at receiver that we currently have.

Top Bottom