NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
I have a feeling we're not going to miss him.

More than likely not. I sure won't shed any tears over his release.

But it still doesn't change the fact that he had more utility on this team then Beuhler does.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It bothers me. McCann wasn't some special player, but he has been returning kicks for us, and playing in spots.

Cut the f'n 2nd kicker. What advantage has he been giving us by being on the roster?

The 2nd kicker has helped with field position. McCann wasnt doing anything. he wasnt special as a return guy, and appears to have regressed from a CB standpoint.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And? He's still more useful to this team than Beuhler is. I'd rather hang on to him then a 2nd kicker. If we churn later for another player, then McCann could have been cut loose. To keep Beuhler because we were told he'd kick every one out the back of the endzone, then watch him drop one short to be returned out past the 50 is a joke. A joke we saw turn into a FG just a couple days ago.

No he isnt. How many of Bueheler's kickoffs have been returned so far?

If Bailey could kickoff decent enough, I'm quite sure Buehler wouldnt be here.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Good thing we were prepared for all these injuries. I mean our depth is outstanding. Bravo! Bravo!

Pretty obvious Newman is returning this week. Scandrick will be back for the New England game at the latest. Ball has played pretty decent, certainly better than McCann at CB. The new guy Walker seemed t play well the other day, and we have Jenkins.

McCann had absolutely no chance to play here.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
The 2nd kicker has helped with field position. McCann wasnt doing anything. he wasnt special as a return guy, and appears to have regressed from a CB standpoint.

Please. Look around the league. Kickers around the league are kicking off just fine. Beuhler's KO's are not as special as they were billed. He's only had a couple go out the endzone. In the preseason, Bailey's KO's were just fine. Just last week, Beuhler had a terrible KO that was returned 50 yards. The defense didn't give up a first down, but the niners still ended up with a FG. Unacceptable.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
Why? He was a fast guy but had very little ability as a CB. He also wasnt much of a special teamer. He is what he is. A 5th DB

Bingo.........

AlanBall_042810_300.jpg

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Pretty obvious Newman is returning this week. Scandrick will be back for the New England game at the latest. Ball has played pretty decent, certainly better than McCann at CB. The new guy Walker seemed t play well the other day, and we have Jenkins.

McCann had absolutely no chance to play here.

Tell me more Spags....
Ethan+Hands+on+Chin.jpg

theogt

Reaction score
Oh, and for the curious, Nick Folk is leading the league in both FGs and average opponents starting position on kickoffs.

Shoot me.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Ball has not played decent.

Sure he has. He's a 4th CB. He isnt supposed to be going up against the other teams better WR's. Put other teams 4th and 5th CB's against quality starters, and they will look bad too. Alot of them really bad.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh, and for the curious, Nick Folk is leading the league in both FGs and average opponents starting position on kickoffs.

Shoot me.

Rue threads belong in CZ

Its over and done with. The vast majority of people couldnt wait to cut the guy (I dont recall if you were one of those or not). He was mediocre last yr, and he started out camp really shakey this year. He didnt even win the job until the final cutdown.

Plymkr

Reaction score
No he isnt. How many of Bueheler's kickoffs have been returned so far?

If Bailey could kickoff decent enough, I'm quite sure Buehler wouldnt be here.

Well, hmm, here is a thought, find ANOTHER KICKER that can do both.

Name me another team that has TWO kickers on their team.

Another fucking great blunder by this shitbird Dallas FO. And , to still have the douche that is Choice on this team is fucking the real mind boggler.

Top Bottom